Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi

I have a really big problem and I don't know what to do about it.

Last year, I kind of ended up complaining about one of my university lecturers and it got back to them. I didn't say anything particularly bad about them - I was just annoyed about them showing up late for lectures. Anyway, it got back to them and a few other lecturers and, they have been treating me strangely ever since. They have been ignoring my contributions in class, their body language has been bad towards me (they turn away from me when I put my hand up) or just plain ignore me. One of them even shouted at me when I gave an incorrect answer in class - they shouted at no-one else who got things wrong.

I'm just getting the general impression they really don't like me.

It wouldn't be so bad, but two of these lecturers are very high up in the university and I'm afraid that they might use their influence to affect my grades - i.e. to give them a lower mark.

What can I do? I don't want to make things worse but at the same time I don't want them to give me poor marks simply because they don't like me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.