Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anybody planning on going to Thorpe Park before September? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I went in the middle of the heatwave lol. Two hour queue for the log flume and it shut down :O

But I got fast track for SAW, that was sooo worth it
    Thought Stealth was very overrated actually...

ReputationRep:
    I think Feb is the best time to go, I went (it was snowing) they gave us all half price tickets because some of the rides were closed but they opened anyway after an hour of being there and the place was empty. Didn't que for one thing just jumped on whatever we wanted to go on, was amaaazing

So yea, go in Feb people ! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I went in March during a school inset day. It was fairly empty, it was just after Saw opened and there was hardly any que for it.

Alton Towers a couple of weeks ago was packed. We were there for two days though so we got on most of what we wanted. It's fine as long as you're prepared to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJA)
    But I got fast track for SAW, that was sooo worth it
    Thought Stealth was very overrated actually...
    Don't knock intamin accelerators, dammit!

The take off is such a buzz, every time, hehe. Though granted, the top hat on Stealth isn't v impressive - after the launch, you hardly notice the 200ft drop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicious Fishes)
    (Oh, and I didn't even get to go on SAW. )
    When I went a few weeks ago we waited for over 3 hours in line for Saw because someone puked up and it broke down twice (once whilst people were going up before the verticle drop and it stopped for over ten minutes, must have been ******* scary) We were given fast track tickets to come back later however, when we got there they had closed the ride and we wern't allowed to use the fast track tickets on any other ride so we complained Not exactly a fun day out we only went on 4 rides: Rush, Rumble Rapids, Stealth and Collosus. Averages about 2 hour per ride and the first two were ****.

ReputationRep:
    I went there today
    the queue times werent that bad, there was no security we just walked in aswell, we got a extreme fast track and it only took about 15 mins to get on collosus and 20mins to get on nemmisis, i dont remember waiting AGES for any of them tbh

ReputationRep:
    if you do want to go (against all odds) I got BOGOF vouchers in my fajita pack today (old el paso ones i think........the brand on tv)

if only id bought it several weeks ago

grrr

ReputationRep:
    Alton Towers, in the rain, ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    I went about three weeks ago.

Did Stealth twice, Saw once and loads of others.

Longest queue was Saw (about 2hrs).

Shortest was Stealth (walk on).

Was good fun. Makes a change from Alton Towers n Drayton Manor, at least.
    :eek: i remember waiting for stealth for at least two hours erghh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obessedwithu&rockmusic)
    :eek: i remember waiting for stealth for at least two hours erghh
    Aye - front row as well.

ReputationRep:
    I walked on to Stealth as well. Strange. And yeah I agree, you don't feel the drop at all for some reason
    Colossus is always epic, with the 6 corkscrews in a row or somethin like that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.