Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm applying to a firm for a training contract, to whom I applied for a vacation scheme earlier this year. The application form is exactly the same and my previous application got me an interview with the firm, so it must've been pretty decent.

Do you reckon I could basically use what I sent before, but with a few updates on relevant things?

It just seems sensible, given the number of applications I have to make. But then I don't want them to reject it out-of-hand because it's too similar to my previous app.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure they're not considering you for a TC anyway? I thought a firm I'd been rejected for VS post-interview would need a new app, but emailed them and they're considering me using my old app!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I doubt whether they would even read it. What you sent before with a few updates/changes should be fine and is what is expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Are you sure they're not considering you for a TC anyway? I thought a firm I'd been rejected for VS post-interview would need a new app, but emailed them and they're considering me using my old app!
    Well I didn't tick 'applying for TC' on the form originally, so I'm guessing not. But if I use my original app as a template then I should be able to fire off the new application in a couple of hours anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just use the same form, with the necessary updates.

ReputationRep:
    should i use the same answers if i got rejected for a VS with them? my answers were good enough to get me quite a few interviews and my friend said it's just luck to a certain extent whether you get an interview. true?? i really cant be bothered to change all my answers now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats_my_poison)
    should i use the same answers if i got rejected for a VS with them? my answers were good enough to get me quite a few interviews and my friend said it's just luck to a certain extent whether you get an interview. true?? i really cant be bothered to change all my answers now
    You mean you got rejected without an interview? If so, then you should certainly be looking to change your answers. Different firms are looking for different things in applications so what might work for one firm might not work for another. There is an element of luck to getting an interview, but just putting your rejection down to this and applying with the same answers again strikes me as a little bit lazy.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.