Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've sent away applications for Morrisons, Tesco and Blockbuster. I just got the rejection letter from Morrisons today, and it will probably be the same for the other two.

Anyone else having the same problem?

ReputationRep:
    There are several threads regarding job hunting/finding it hard to find a job.

And there are many people in the same situation as you, myself included.

ReputationRep:
    yes. it's a reccession. lots of unemployed people seeking work, not so many jobs for them.

ReputationRep:
    Same position, really.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Its rather rubbish :\

ReputationRep:
    Yeugh. It's like the 80s all over again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm in a similar situation. Today I signed up at an employment agency. I don't know if that'll be any better, but it could be.

ReputationRep:
    yes! i've spent the whole afternoon phoning round for jobs and eventually i've managed to get myself an interview to become a car park attendant...wahey! There are hardly any temporary jobs for people our age around.

ReputationRep:
    Any jobs near me are being over applied for... its hardly even worth trying

ReputationRep:
    There's 54353535 apprenticships though.

I suggest working for free in a charity shop. The experience will help you land a job in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I must have applied for over 50 odd now.. most don't even bother to reply with a rejection letter.

ReputationRep:
    wtf does 'gah' mean? By using baby words like that in your job application, i understand why you got rejected.

also, what on earth is 'meh' supposed to mean?

ReputationRep:
    argh tell me about it
    iv asked in over 60 shops, not one has had a vacancy to apply for
    even applyed to mcdonalds, rejection from there was possibly the low point lol
    o well, we just have to keeep trying, im bombarding everywhere with CVs

EDIT: also, apply to BHS, they allways send you a rejection letter, its great! like they actualy read the CV i've applyed 3times there just for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipchop92)
    wtf does 'gah' mean? By using baby words like that in your job application, i understand why you got rejected.

"Gah" - An expression of exasperation

"Meh" - Bland/Don't Care/Past Caring etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliceStory)
    There's 54353535 apprenticships though.

I suggest working for free in a charity shop. The experience will help you land a job in the future.
    No it wont.

I agree job situation is dire, went to almost every store in my town and fronted up asking for a job. Only got 3 application forms from all of them and even then still havn't heard back from those. Shiiiit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipchop92)

Oh go away. If you get uptight about that on a Internet forum, then god help ya.

Anyway, I've asked my mum to see if there are any vacancies in her shop, soooo maybe there is hope :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronnie01)
    "Gah" - An expression of exasperation

"Meh" - Bland/Don't Care/Past Caring etc.
    it's a bit babyish, tbh

ReputationRep:
    'it's the economy, stupid'

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a job in a shop opening soon, they rejected me, but invited me to the opening... :dry:

ReputationRep:
    cant find anything ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.