Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've sent away applications for Morrisons, Tesco and Blockbuster. I just got the rejection letter from Morrisons today, and it will probably be the same for the other two.

Anyone else having the same problem?

ReputationRep:
    There are several threads regarding job hunting/finding it hard to find a job.

And there are many people in the same situation as you, myself included.

ReputationRep:
    yes. it's a reccession. lots of unemployed people seeking work, not so many jobs for them.

ReputationRep:
    Same position, really.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Its rather rubbish :\

ReputationRep:
    Yeugh. It's like the 80s all over again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm in a similar situation. Today I signed up at an employment agency. I don't know if that'll be any better, but it could be.

ReputationRep:
    yes! i've spent the whole afternoon phoning round for jobs and eventually i've managed to get myself an interview to become a car park attendant...wahey! There are hardly any temporary jobs for people our age around.

ReputationRep:
    Any jobs near me are being over applied for... its hardly even worth trying

ReputationRep:
    There's 54353535 apprenticships though.

I suggest working for free in a charity shop. The experience will help you land a job in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I must have applied for over 50 odd now.. most don't even bother to reply with a rejection letter.

ReputationRep:
    wtf does 'gah' mean? By using baby words like that in your job application, i understand why you got rejected.

also, what on earth is 'meh' supposed to mean?

ReputationRep:
    argh tell me about it
    iv asked in over 60 shops, not one has had a vacancy to apply for
    even applyed to mcdonalds, rejection from there was possibly the low point lol
    o well, we just have to keeep trying, im bombarding everywhere with CVs

EDIT: also, apply to BHS, they allways send you a rejection letter, its great! like they actualy read the CV i've applyed 3times there just for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipchop92)
    wtf does 'gah' mean? By using baby words like that in your job application, i understand why you got rejected.

"Gah" - An expression of exasperation

"Meh" - Bland/Don't Care/Past Caring etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliceStory)
    There's 54353535 apprenticships though.

I suggest working for free in a charity shop. The experience will help you land a job in the future.
    No it wont.

I agree job situation is dire, went to almost every store in my town and fronted up asking for a job. Only got 3 application forms from all of them and even then still havn't heard back from those. Shiiiit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipchop92)

Oh go away. If you get uptight about that on a Internet forum, then god help ya.

Anyway, I've asked my mum to see if there are any vacancies in her shop, soooo maybe there is hope :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronnie01)
    "Gah" - An expression of exasperation

"Meh" - Bland/Don't Care/Past Caring etc.
    it's a bit babyish, tbh

ReputationRep:
    'it's the economy, stupid'

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a job in a shop opening soon, they rejected me, but invited me to the opening... :dry:

ReputationRep:
    cant find anything ...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.