Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Gah, no jobs anywhere. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tam_Diman)
    I applied for a job in a shop opening soon, they rejected me, but invited me to the opening... :dry:
    Odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipchop92)
    it's a bit babyish, tbh
    No it's internet language . Very serious business.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a job in a shop opening soon, they rejected me, but invited me to the opening... :dry:
    Did you go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    No it wont.

I agree job situation is dire, went to almost every store in my town and fronted up asking for a job. Only got 3 application forms from all of them and even then still havn't heard back from those. Shiiiit.
    Hence why I got a job, and the reason being is that I didn't need to have training to use a till.

They also pay for your bus and food and someplaces so overcharge thema bit and you have some change for a few drinks on the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    at least you a rejection letter, i handed in 13 CV's and still no one has yet to reply ...gonna try more shops next week because i want to see harry potter :p:

ReputationRep:
    At least you guys get rejection letters. I get nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    at least you a rejection letter, i handed in 13 CV's and still no one has yet to reply ...gonna try more shops next week because i want to see harry potter :p:
    Omg same, and I want the game too.

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by light_seeker)
    At least you guys get rejection letters. I get nothing.
    Not all the time, I applied for Semi-Chem a few months ago when I first turned 16, and various other places, no reply.

ReputationRep:
    I am ********* furious at the job market.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    "Hey, we don't want you to work for us, but please come and spend all the money you don't have in our shop!"

I'm sick of filling in application forms, especially those personal statement bits .

ReputationRep:
    Just be grateful you're not graduate-job hunting at the moment; then it really does suck if you can't find a job...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Just be grateful you're not graduate-job hunting at the moment; then it really does suck if you can't find a job...
    This.

So glad I have a Masters to do. That said, I have no money to pay for it because I can't get a summer job

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it's total crap!

I've handed out countless CVs, done loads of applications and...nothing. I think it's a mix of recession and all students grabbing all the suitable student jobs. It's sucks being skint lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    This.

So glad I have a Masters to do. That said, I have no money to pay for it because I can't get a summer job
    My brother (just finished a civil engineering degree) was one of the lucky few in his year to get a job.

The rest apparently are all doing a masters, or are still on the job-hunt.

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Freakster)
    My brother (just finished a civil engineering degree) was one of the lucky few in his year to get a job.

The rest apparently are all doing a masters, or are still on the job-hunt.

:sad:
    Jeez, civil engineering's really been hit hard! Lucky him!

ReputationRep:
    yeah gah, bare gah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Yeugh. It's like the 80s all over again.
    Did you have trouble getting work in the 80s?

Was their a lack of paperrounds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Jeez, civil engineering's really been hit hard! Lucky him!
    Haha, I have no idea why they'd want him over some of his mates though. :p:

He likes your comment btw! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Bad luck but keep trying! Garden centres, farms etc etc.
    I'm surprised Waitrose managed to take me back...but then again I have been there since 2006 and they keep making £500k+ per week...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    Did you go?
    It's tomorrow, and I'm not going, I'll probably just spend the whole time scowling at the staff, muttering under my breath: "I should be standing where you're standing earning money..." :holmes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.