Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a place either. A bit dissapointed but I guess it will be cheaper in the long run!! My boyfriend is at portsmouth uni and he went to the housing event last year and found a nice house in a pretty central location(10 minutes walk, if that, from Guildhall) and his housemates are all really lovely.

I'm determined to live centrally though, I really don't want to be having to get buses/trains anywhere id rather walk!!

Becca xxx

ReputationRep:
    Living in a house first year rlly isnt that bad! i got into James Watson last year but 3 of best mates from home ended up in houses and probably loved it more than i did in halls! you get a lot more freedom and the opportunity for a hell of a lot of house parties

x

ReputationRep:
    Living in a house is the best thing youll do. For me, i felt isolated in halls, you dont really have any communal space, and theres so many people i never got close to anyone.
    Got a house in the second year and it was so much better. My 3 housemates are now my best mates, you still meet people, and you have your own space, living room, garden, and its about £30-40 a week cheaper.

Your probably disappointed that your not in halls, but seriously, until youve lived in them theyre not all theyre cracked up to be.

My brother didnt get a place in halls this year either.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get a place in halls either.. quite disapointed. Not really going to look at houses though until I definetly get the grades to go there though.

ReputationRep:
    Really dissapointed i didnt get in2 halls. not looking forward 2 house hunting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TFL)
    Really dissapointed i didnt get in2 halls. not looking forward 2 house hunting
    House hunting is awesome, and in my opinion it's probably more fun than being in halls.

Woowoo for house hunting ^_^

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesFrancis)
    House hunting is awesome, and in my opinion it's probably more fun than being in halls.

Woowoo for house hunting ^_^

xxx
    I agree with this man, who I've never met to go house hunting with before in my life :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.