The Student Room Group

Apathetic

Girl i'm seeing atm is being really apathetic with me lately, like she never seems to make time for me when i always am, never texts and never seems particularly bothered to see me. i realise she has her own life, but atm it's going a bit far. then she goes on and complains about me when i never ever complain at her. i'm going on a childish rant here but im not sure if i should bring this issue up with her. maybe she's trying to be cool on me before we head off to uni =/
Reply 1
has the spark gone in your relationship?
Reply 2
Tell her. That's the only way this situation can change and get better.
Reply 3
SianSian
Tell her. That's the only way this situation can change and get better.

How can i word it without seeming clingy and resentful?
Reply 4
Just come out with it
Reply 5
Nutta!
Just come out with it

I don't wana just blurt it out of nowhere
Reply 6
Well, is there anything going on in her life which could make her feel miserable?
Reply 7
Don John
Girl i'm seeing atm is being really apathetic with me lately, like she never seems to make time for me when i always am, never texts and never seems particularly bothered to see me. i realise she has her own life, but atm it's going a bit far. then she goes on and complains about me when i never ever complain at her. i'm going on a childish rant here but im not sure if i should bring this issue up with her. maybe she's trying to be cool on me before we head off to uni =/

I have a mate who is like that with every lad she's ever been out with. She goes crazy over them when she fancies them, and then when she gets with them she loses interest. It's strange really. Have you tried talking to her about it properly? If she's not prepared to listen, then maybe her heart's not in it and you should think about ending it. Sorry if that seems a bit harsh, but like you said, you are heading off to uni soon, so maybe she thinks that you and her are a gonner. At least u got a fresh start coming up if things do go pear shaped
Reply 8
Well, is there anything going on in her life which could make her feel miserable?

I could ask her if something's wrong because she's acting differently? Like say she seems a bit cooler with me than usual
Reply 9
Don John
How can i word it without seeming clingy and resentful?

Maybe this is coming from a girly perspective, but I'd say a relationship can only work if equal efforts are put in on either side, and you don't want to put all the effort in on your own. Say you miss the way she was?
I really doubt, unless you get angry, you'll sound resentful. Just say you really like/(love?) her and you don't want to lose her, but you think that could happen if she doesn't start putting more effort into your relationship, especially if you're going to different universities next year.
Just don't get angry or upset, then you'll avoid seeming clingy and resentful :smile: Just tell her the truth and say how you feel. I'm sure she'll respect and thank you for that.

Sorry if that sounds too girly and sensitive!
Reply 10
SianSian
Maybe this is coming from a girly perspective, but I'd say a relationship can only work if equal efforts are put in on either side, and you don't want to put all the effort in on your own. Say you miss the way she was?
I really doubt, unless you get angry, you'll sound resentful. Just say you really like/(love?) her and you don't want to lose her, but you think that could happen if she doesn't start putting more effort into your relationship, especially if you're going to different universities next year.
Just don't get angry or upset, then you'll avoid seeming clingy and resentful :smile: Just tell her the truth and say how you feel. I'm sure she'll respect and thank you for that.

Sorry if that sounds too girly and sensitive!

Nonono that's really helpful thanks :smile:
Reply 11
Don John
Nonono that's really helpful thanks :smile:

Yey :biggrin: You're welcome. Good luck, I hope all works out well!

Latest

Trending

Trending