Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    where's my book!?! it's an interesting idea but they should follow it up with maybe a discussion with the author or something otherwise people are unlikely to make much use of the opportunity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    where's my book!?! it's an interesting idea but they should follow it up with maybe a discussion with the author or something otherwise people are unlikely to make much use of the opportunity
    I finished it whilst away last week and thought it was rather good. Definitely very different to the usual read.

If I remember correctly, they are having some sort of discussion group on it, and the author is visiting the Uni in October?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmathePiper)
    I finished it whilst away last week and thought it was rather good. Definitely very different to the usual read.

If I remember correctly, they are having some sort of discussion group on it, and the author is visiting the Uni in October?
    yeh i'm looking forward to it - that's pretty cool then.. you've got to hand it to her (Dr R), it's a pretty neat idea

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, I saw this book in the charity shop and started to read the first few pages, didn't realise it was supposed to be so good! Might have to go back and try and find it, the first few pages certainly seemed interesting to me.

ReputationRep:
    I got it today so i've got about 23 days to finish the book i'm reading now and finish this one. And to top it all off i'm a slow reader..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biochem)
    I got it today so i've got about 23 days to finish the book i'm reading now and finish this one. And to top it all off i'm a slow reader..
    If it's any consolation, it doesn't take long to read at all. I got it today, and i'm almost finished it having not been focussing on it that much.

ReputationRep:
    Mine popped through the door too. Have yet to start reading it though

ReputationRep:
    I had received this book more than a month ago. It was very interesting and "catching"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CATIII)
    Nah, I haven't gotten my copy either.
    Got it today Going to start reading asap.

ReputationRep:
    raaawwrrr i don't have mine either and i was accepted in mid july

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY it crawls in through the cat-flap.

EDIT: It's a very easy read; finished in one sitting.

ReputationRep:
    Just arrived. Can't believe they made so much effort to post it so far away!

Richardson just posted a video: http://vimeo.com/6431862

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else not received it yet? :s

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got it yet

ReputationRep:
    Got mine today. I leave tomorrow....not much time to read!

ReputationRep:
    This was a very enjoyable novella actually.

This Guardian review includes some interesting ideas: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2007...ardianreview20

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.