Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I turn it on , and the screen is kind of constantly scrolling down , and it appear that the page/image on the screen are being refreshed , how do I fix this ?.

ReputationRep:
    make sure everything is plugged in properly. Otherwise there is a chance your 360 is cooked. Get a replacement for free with your 3 yr warranty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    make sure everything is plugged in properly. Otherwise there is a chance your 360 is cooked. Get a replacement for free with your 3 yr warranty.
    Everything is plugged in. When I take out the A/V wire from the back , all the red lights come on , the whole red ring of death , but when I put it back in it's fine. Can I get a new xbox then ? , with the warranty ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Everything is plugged in. When I take out the A/V wire from the back , all the red lights come on , the whole red ring of death , but when I put it back in it's fine. Can I get a new xbox then ? , with the warranty ?
    Yeah you're 360 is completely ****** up. You need to get a replacement. As long as you're still in Warranty, you can phone up Microsoft and they'll sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    The red ring is meant to come on without the AV cable in, I thought I had RROD but actually the AV cable was unplugged.

It may still be broken, but the ring is meant to go crazy when you unplug the av cable.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're 360 is completely ****** up. You need to get a replacement. As long as you're still in Warranty, you can phone up Microsoft and they'll sort it out.
    OMG my xbox is actually ****** ! lol. I can't play forza 2 no more . Well my brother gave this xbox to me so I should find out if it's still in warranty.

ReputationRep:
    OMG my xbox is actually ****** ! lol. I can't play forza 2 no more . Well my brother gave this xbox to me so I should find out if it's still in warranty.
    That's microsoft quality service for you. Once it happens a couple more times, you'll end up with a PS3.

ReputationRep:
    That's microsoft quality service for you. Once it happens a couple more times, you'll end up with a PS3.
    ? why end up with a PS3. If I get PS3 I won't be able to play forza 3 when it comes out in october .

ReputationRep:
    ? why end up with a PS3. If I get PS3 I won't be able to play forza 3 when it comes out in october .
    lol GT5 is coming out lol. Anyways basically im saying, MS will piss you off.. and make you get a PS3.

ReputationRep:
    If you take the av cable out, the red rings automatically come on....

It does sound like a TV problem, check your TV with a dvd player or something. Then try your 360 again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    If you take the av cable out, the red rings automatically come on....

It does sound like a TV problem, check your TV with a dvd player or something. Then try your 360 again
    Hey no problem it's fixed itself now somehow. It's because I have one game and play it excessively , it may have temporarily overheated.

ReputationRep:
    Hey no problem it's fixed itself now somehow. It's because I have one game and play it excessively , it may have temporarily overheated.
    kk, make sure you keep it in a well ventilated area. 360s get ugly when they dont get their fresh air

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.