Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any nice places to go not too expensive.

ReputationRep:
    what kind of food/style do you want?
    as in, are you looking for cafe style (ie: sandwiches/toasties etc) or more a full meal type thing in a resturant but at lunch time?
    and how much do you want to spend?

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    what kind of food/style do you want?
    as in, are you looking for cafe style (ie: sandwiches/toasties etc) or more a full meal type thing in a resturant but at lunch time?
    and how much do you want to spend?
    Can you give me a choice for both? Probably a more restauranty thing.

ReputationRep:
    What's your price range?

Martin Wishart's is one of the best restaurants in Scotland/UK (Michelin Stars etc...), they have a fantastic lunch Menu for £24 each.
    For the food you get that's very reasonable, providing you don't buy any wine....

It depends on your budget though..

ReputationRep:
    Mother India's Cafe...wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamegg)
    What's your price range?

Martin Wishart's is one of the best restaurants in Scotland/UK (Michelin Stars etc...), they have a fantastic lunch Menu for £24 each.
    For the food you get that's very reasonable, providing you don't buy any wine....

It depends on your budget though..
    Looking for middle off the range price like £10-15 a head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Can you give me a choice for both? Probably a more restauranty thing.
    One of my favourite resturants in Edinburgh is David Bann. It's a vegetarian one (I'm veggie) but I've been there with loads of non veggies before including my ex boyfriend who was the biggest meat eater ever and everyone found something to eat! It's £10-12 for a main meal so not really what I'd call a cheap lunch but it's good at night, or they have starters for about £6 which you can also eat as a snack type thing for lunch. Vittoria is an Italian on George IV Bridge and is really good for lunch time offers, you can get food and a glass of wine for about £7, and then there is another place which has brown fronting along the bridge too which has similar offers. They're really good for lunch during the day. Montpeliers is good too, but that's more expensive and about £8-10 for main meals... and it's in Bruntsfield so not really in the centre of town!

Cafes wise, I love the wraps in Coffee Etc (and the place next door to it) which is right by Appleton Tower coming up to Potterrow Port. It's only £4 though for a wrap so that's more of a budget type thing, but it's amazing. The Brass Monkey on Drummond Street has good soup & sandwich deals which are about £5 too. If you go at the right time in the afternoon (1pm) possibly you get there in time for the film showing.

ReputationRep:
    Kilimanjaro.

Fantastic cafe.

I can't remember exactly what street it's on, but it's a fairly short walk from George Square.

ReputationRep:
    One of my favourite resturants in Edinburgh is David Bann. It's a vegetarian one (I'm veggie) but I've been there with loads of non veggies before including my ex boyfriend who was the biggest meat eater ever and everyone found something to eat! It's £10-12 for a main meal so not really what I'd call a cheap lunch but it's good at night, or they have starters for about £6 which you can also eat as a snack type thing for lunch. Vittoria is an Italian on George IV Bridge and is really good for lunch time offers, you can get food and a glass of wine for about £7, and then there is another place which has brown fronting along the bridge too which has similar offers. They're really good for lunch during the day. Montpeliers is good too, but that's more expensive and about £8-10 for main meals... and it's in Bruntsfield so not really in the centre of town!

Cafes wise, I love the wraps in Coffee Etc (and the place next door to it) which is right by Appleton Tower coming up to Potterrow Port. It's only £4 though for a wrap so that's more of a budget type thing, but it's amazing. The Brass Monkey on Drummond Street has good soup & sandwich deals which are about £5 too. If you go at the right time in the afternoon (1pm) possibly you get there in time for the film showing.
    Thanks for that, might look into the Vittoria.

ReputationRep:

There is one on Leith Walk too, along with La Favorita (Their sister restaurant). Both do really nice pizzas starting from about £5 each for a margarita. Tiger Lily in George Street is pretty good too, as is the candy bar which is almost next door. Both may be a bit pricey though.
    There are plenty more in George Street and the streets just off that, there is a TGIs in Castle Street and a few Italians near by.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, might look into the Vittoria.
    Yeah I was in Vittorias a few days ago (for dinner though) - it's gorgeous! Don't know what it's like for lunch, it was quite expensive for dinner though. Also Garfunkels on the Royal Mile. La Tasca does lunch for 2 for £10, 5 tapas between 2. If your appetite isn't too big it'd be good lol

ReputationRep:
    maison bleu is nice. i think that is what it's called, it's on victoria street, between the grassmarket and george IV bridge.

ReputationRep:
    Went to Gusto's it was really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any nice places to go not too expensive.
    Two words:

MONSTER MASH.

Best. Place. Ever.

Don't get me wrong, it aint posh, but it's the best sausage and mash you'll ever have and is SO SO GOOD. It's always so full during the Edinburgh festival because it's so popular. They do different types of sausages and mash depending on the day and do things like haggis, neeps and tatties for a very scottish feel

I wanna go :emo:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.