Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I am sorry if this is confusing.

I started neuroscience this year (08/09) and applied for medicine. I have got a place and am very pleased. I called student finance and they said I would receive funding as you get the "plus one" year. I sent off my application 3 weeks ago and I thought all would be ok, but I have realised a possible problem.

I changed a module during neuroscience so I effectively changed my degree to anatomy for 08/09. I got a new financial status form saying 08/09 had been reassessed.

My question is, will I still be entitled funding this year? I only received one year of funding, but I am concerned that merely changing to anatomy from neuroscience has taken some finance away.

I would speak to student finance but I have called and the wait is too long.

I am so worried, I can't afford medical school otherwise and I can't go back to my old uni. I became very very depressed and was crying every day and having continual panic attacks. I saw a counsellor at my old uni and they told me "to get out of here as soon as I could".

Please help me, I am so scared that my dream of medicine is all over
    x

ReputationRep:
    You're fine for support, as it was a straight transfer from year one to another year one within the same academic year.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thank you. I know you may not know more than me but I was wondering if you knew about the differences in medical courses. As I know it is the usual funding for the new course plus one, but in medicine does that mean 6 in total or 5? I only wonder as in the 5th year the tuition fee is paid by the nhs. Would it just be the maintenance grant this funding refers to?

I am sorry if I seem so paniced, but I have not heard from student finance apart from to say they have my application. I couldn't do it online and I checked with my old uni and they notified them of my withdrawal. I sent the application and also a change in circumstance form and extra notes. I am not income assessed so I am wondering why it is taking so long?

x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.