Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyFadge)
    Yeah i think that is well bad, they are just jealous at the fact that we have worked hard to reach them and are taking over them
    Its Meant to be a joke.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Its Meant to be a joke.....
    but jokes are supposed to be funny?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gina17)
    exactly

ReputationRep:
    quite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikesgt2)
    FFS, it is just a joke. It is not indicative of how blokes think they are superior... don't read too much into it
    I'm not reading into it, it was just a comment. I'm not a feminist, but I found it ffunny who there are always some blokes who think they can make jokes at women (ie the bloke in the picture).

ReputationRep:
    Jokes don't have to be funny for everybody though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikesgt2)
    Jokes don't have to be funny for everybody though
    But the can get a bit offensive

ReputationRep:
    But the can get a bit offensive
    And feminist attitudes aren't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yeah they can but then again males views against it are as well

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they can but then again males views against it are as well
    Feminism is another form of sexism, and is highly offensive in my opinion. And you cant say that males views of it are offensive if they disagree with it, because its blatantly not true, and another sexist remark.
    Which, to be honest, i'm not surprised with, because it tends to be females who are sexist more often than males.

ReputationRep:
    Only if you find the idea of equality offensive.

Or else, if you're silly enough to believe the slurs, lies and ad hominem attacks pumped out by a minority of chauvinists that prove nothing other than the fact that they comprehensively lost the argument.

ReputationRep:
    Feminism is another form of sexism, and is highly offensive in my opinion. And you cant say that males views of it are offensive if they disagree with it, because its blatantly not true, and another sexist remark.
    Which, to be honest, i'm not surprised with, because it tends to be females who are sexist more often than males.
    Okay
    Whatever shall we agree to disagree, i dont like it when men are sexist

ReputationRep:
    Plus you wouldn't find any women at male-ism(!) protests (not that they'd have them, but i'm being hypothetical) with signs saying "Put those shelves up, b*****d", or "Mend my car, d***" or anything like that!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Only if you find the idea of equality offensive.

Or else, if you're silly enough to believe the slurs, lies and ad hominem attacks pumped out by a minority of chauvinists that prove nothing other than the fact that they comprehensively lost the argument.
    HAHAHAHA, now thats funny.
    Feminists looking for equality!!!
    I doubt it. All they do is insult men, treat men badly and then have the sheer audacity to blame it on men.
    Its just that people think, because of media spin, and even things such as bias in the education system, that feminism is the search for equality for females. What about males. How often are 'masculism' protests shown in the media. How often are we taught about male rights?
    Never, because the system is already biased towards females, and while feminism is still treated without the contempt it deserves, it will continue that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Plus you wouldn't find any women at male-ism(!) protests (not that they'd have them, but i'm being hypothetical) with signs saying "Put those shelves up, b*****d", or "Mend my car, d***" or anything like that!!!
    Thats because they dont have them. Whats the point?
    They'd never be taken seriously.
    Like that guy in the spiderman costume protesting about equal rights to see his children. He was portraid as mad in the media, while if a woman did the same, she would be hailed as a hero.

ReputationRep:
    If a man did anything that a woman protests about its deemed straight away as sexism. THis world is turining sour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lacrossetom)
    If a man did anything that a woman protests about its deemed straight away as sexism. THis world is turining sour
    Exactly. And if a woman did anything a man protested about, she'd be standing up for her rights, and he'd be in the wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Okay
    Whatever shall we agree to disagree, i dont like it when men are sexist
    I agree. Sexism is bad. When its taken as a joke, then its just about acceptable, liek all those jokes people tell about men and women. They, i admit, are funny.
    But when it comes to the serious issues, sexism is bad.
    But according to you, apparently, only men are sexist, or you dont mind it when women are sexist.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. And if a woman did anything a man protested about, she'd be standing up for her rights, and he'd be in the wrong.
    Well of course your a man , a women knows best and can't win with a women

Anne

ReputationRep:
    I do agree that feminism has gone too far. However it was valid when we weren't allowed to vote, or to go to university or anything. And if you think about it, do many women have the top jobs? No. Not one of my lecturers is a woman, and nearly all the deans of the acedemic schools at my uni are men. But although we get equal rights, we still are at the end of jokes about washing and ironing and stuff.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.