Turn on thread page Beta

ha ha ha watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    Well of course your a man , a women knows best and can't win with a women

Anne

Hmm... could you please decipher that into a sentence that actually makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    that is amazingly funny. it really shouldn't be taken seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I do agree that feminism has gone too far. However it was valid when we weren't allowed to vote, or to go to university or anything. And if you think about it, do many women have the top jobs? No. Not one of my lecturers is a woman, and nearly all the deans of the acedemic schools at my uni are men. But although we get equal rights, we still are at the end of jokes about washing and ironing and stuff.
    Women dont get the top jobs, simply because they aren't good at the politics that it takes to get to the higher levels in a business.
    You can't just say its sexism without looking at the facts.

There are plenty of jokes about men that women always seem to tell, so why (generally speaking), dish it out if you cant take it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alweb)
    that is amazingly funny. it really shouldn't be taken seriously
    Well, as people want to make a serious thing out of it, i'm not going to just let it be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Women dont get the top jobs, simply because they aren't good at the politics that it takes to get to the higher levels in a business.
    You can't just say its sexism without looking at the facts.

There are plenty of jokes about men that women always seem to tell, so why (generally speaking), dish it out if you cant take it back.

Well i sorry, but i don't tell jokes about blokes but i sick of blokes telling me they know best when they don't.

Anne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    Well i sorry, but i don't tell jokes about blokes but i sick of blokes telling me they know best when they don't.

Anne
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)

Anne
    Well maybe you dont, but many females do.
    Why can't a bloke know best?
    Is it because you are too stuck in your sexist attitudes to accept that a bloke may be right for once? Just hypothesizing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    sorry but i had to post this, in fits of laughter

i know its cruel but still.....
    That's jokes.hehehehehehehehehehehehehe ehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehe heheheheheheeh biatch

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe you dont, but many females do.
    Why can't a bloke know best?
    Is it because you are too stuck in your sexist attitudes to accept that a bloke may be right for once? Just hypothesizing.
    O.K then blokes do know abit but women always seem to know best, even though it might not be right, but we still think we are

Anne

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHA, now thats funny.
    Feminists looking for equality!!!
    I doubt it. All they do is insult men, treat men badly and then have the sheer audacity to blame it on men. Its just that people think, because of media spin, and even things such as bias in the education system, that feminism is the search for equality for females.
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you've never actually met anyone who identifies as a feminist. If you had, you'd realise what absolute unsupported, stereotypical rubbish you were talking. Go read http://www.thefword.org.uk and realise what bog-standard propaganda you are spouting. As I said, these sort of slurs came about purely BECAUSE the few who don't believe in equality comprehensively lost the argument.

If you believe in equality, as you claim, then you are a feminist. Simple.

What about males. How often are 'masculism' protests shown in the media. How often are we taught about male rights?
    We're taught about universal rights. And unless you're seriously going make the ridiculous claim that females aren't still, to a degree, oppressed in our society, then you really should understand why certain sorts of discrimination are highlighted more than others. BECAUSE THEY EXIST MORE THAN OTHERS.

Never, because the system is already biased towards females, and while feminism is still treated without the contempt it deserves, it will continue that way.
    Perhaps you'd like to provide some evidence for your claim that males are discriminated against? I, for example, could show that, among other things, womens' pay (for the same jobs) is much lower that males', or the fact that only one in twelve reported rapes ever ends in conviction.

Where's your evidence of discrimination, or is it purely a figment of your imagination?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you've never actually met anyone who identifies as a feminist. If you had, you'd realise what absolute unsupported, stereotypical rubbish you were talking. Go read http://www.thefword.org.uk and realise what bog-standard propaganda you are spouting. As I said, these sort of slurs came about purely BECAUSE the few who don't believe in equality comprehensively lost the argument.

We're taught about universal rights. And unless you're seriously going make the ridiculous claim that females aren't still, to a degree, oppressed in our society, then you really should understand why certain sorts of discrimination are highlighted more than others. BECAUSE THEY EXIST MORE THAN OTHERS.

Perhaps you'd like to provide some evidence for your claim that males are discriminated against. I, for example, could show that, among other things, womens' pay (for the same jobs) is much lower that males', or the fact that only one in twelve reported rapes ever ends in conviction.

Where's your evidence of discrimination, or is it purely in your head?
    No, feminists do not believe in equality. I have never met osmeone claiming to be a feminist who was actually interested in equality, only self improvement, or exercising a hate of males.

No, they do not exist more than others. It is simply the case that the media only displays these stories because of the feminist regime which would instantly be on their back if they dared to show a story about males being discriminated against.
    The difference in pay, i admit, is there. But it is not to the extent that feminists claim. Simply by looking at government figures you can see that.
    How many rape reports that males make end up with convictions?
    I dont have the figures, but i can assure you that it is significantly less, again, because of the sexism put into place by feminists.

The discrimination exists. This can be seen, even in this forum, where i try to make the point that males are discriminated against at least as much as females, and it is dismissed.

Now i've got stuff to do, so i cannot argue my point more im afraid.

ReputationRep:

Perhaps you'd like to provide some evidence for your claim that males are discriminated against? I, for example, could show that, among other things, womens' pay (for the same jobs) is much lower that males', or the fact that only one in twelve reported rapes ever ends in conviction.

Where's your evidence of discrimination, or is it purely a figment of your imagination?
    I'm sorry but, i had been discriminated aganist as when i was working for a company called O.I.S, as i darkroom tech. I was doing the same job as another bloke though i got pay £50 a week less then he did, though i worked 12 more hrs then he did, he didn't even had any qualitions, yet this still happens today. How is this possibly that this can still happen in our world today. So this isn't just in my head it actual happen to me before.

Anne

ReputationRep:
    oh dear.

Womens pay must be equal by law for the same job / position.
    As for the rape statistic, what are you suggesting?, that the police think; 'oh it's just another woman, let's not follow up the claim'? you're being completely retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emporium)
    oh dear.

As for the rape statistic, what are you suggesting?, that the police think; 'oh it's just another woman, let's not follow up the claim'? you're being completely retarded.

Weel i know they are, why do you think i joined a union and they deled with it, which i'm still waiting to hear what heve done, as they were beeing tken to court about.

As for rape, i feel alot of women don't actual go to the police about as they are ashame about it, special if they know the person, so feel they can't go the police. Unless you have been though, nearly have or know someone close too you, who have been through it, then you don't know anything about it.

Anne

ReputationRep:
    No, feminists do not believe in equality. I have never met someone claiming to be a feminist who was actually interested in equality, only self improvement, or exercising a hate of males.
    Incorrect. Feminism is defined as seeking equality.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=feminism

So, whoever you say you've met is patently not a feminist, although I remain unconvinced that you've actually met anyone claiming to be a feminist at all.

No, they do not exist more than others. It is simply the case that the media only displays these stories because of the feminist regime which would instantly be on their back if they dared to show a story about males being discriminated against.
    The difference in pay, i admit, is there. But it is not to the extent that feminists claim.
    Right, so discrimination exists. This explains to you why discrimination against females is highlighted more in schools, for example, than discrimination against males.

The discrimination exists. This can be seen, even in this forum, where i try to make the point that males are discriminated against at least as much as females, and it is dismissed.
    This is utterly circular. I'm open to evidence of discrimination against males - I'm against all discrimination. However, to claim that people criticising you for making such a claim and not backing it up is discrimination in itself is fallacious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    I'm sorry but, i had been discriminated aganist as when i was working for a company called O.I.S, as i darkroom tech. I was doing the same job as another bloke though i got pay £50 a week less then he did, though i worked 12 more hrs then he did, he didn't even had any qualitions, yet this still happens today. How is this possibly that this can still happen in our world today. So this isn't just in my head it actual happen to me before.
    You've got me wrong. I wasn't denying that there was discrimination against females, not at all.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps the bloke who was getting paid more than you had seniority or something similar? I find it very difficult to believe that you were paid less JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE FEMALE.

Personally, i am SICK AND TIRED of hearing females complain complain complain...i am grateful to be a woman living today! I know that i have just as much rights as anyone, i feel absolutely no discrimination whatsoever, and see the amusement in 'iron my shirt' jokes! I mean, lighten up! In the old days (notice, PAST TENSE), of course the women were confined to the kitchen! But personally, i would have MUCH prefered to be in a kitchen cooking than out ploughing a field or being involved in hard physical labour like the men were.

The fact of the matter is, men and women will never be completely equal when it comes to the work force, because frankly our bodies and minds are designed differently! I see nothing wrong with that, and in all honesty i find it utterly RIDICULOUS when young capable women of today claim that 'we have fought for our rights...' etc etc. No we sure as hell did not! We are the lucky ones, we were all born in an age where such fighting is not neccessary. Men, who were the ancient architechts of society, realised somewhere along the line that women are capable and relinquished some of the power! Now we are as equal as we can be.

Instead of taking everything so seriously and claiming involvement in the 'fight' against males, why not just realise that men are men and girls are girls. Celebrate femininity, by all means (i love being a girl! I mean, guys can't really justify wearing pink or buying strappy high heels, now can they?!) but don't buy into the theory that males are oppressors. I'm sure that they appreciate women for more than their ability to iron shirts.

ReputationRep:
    You've got me wrong. I wasn't denying that there was discrimination against females, not at all.
    The thing is man get dicriminated just as much women does, so the fact is we live a world without justic, and they feel they can get away with it.

Well i got to pick me little boy up now.

Anne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emporium)
    oh dear.
    Yes, facts are annoying sometimes. Step out of your media fueled world for a second and smell reality.

Yes. Unfortunately, this doesn't automatically make it the case. The fact that it comprehensively is not the case, despite the law, proves that there is still a serious issue of discrimination.

Nope, I'm not suggesting anything so overt. But that doesn't mean to say that there isn't a serious issue of discrimination within the police force (you think you'd have noticed that over the past couple of months).

Thanks for the insinuation of mental disability, though. Very enlightening.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't men have equal rights when it comes to child custody then? Why are so many women routinely allowed to flaunt the law in this area, to the disadvantage of the man? Or in cases where the woman does permit access to his and her children, why should the man be limited to one day a week? Is this fair?

Untill this mess is sorted out, and until the mess that is divorce is sorted out (which almost always favour the woman), I am not going to be moved by any oppression to women in society. We need to begin to stamp out the problem on both sides, not just on the woman's.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.