Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    As for rape, i feel alot of women don't actual go to the police about as they are ashame about it, special if they know the person, so feel they can't go the police. Unless you have been though, nearly have or know someone close too you, who have been through it, then you don't know anything about it.
    How do you think men feel then?
    Because theres the added shame of being a male, and the fact that the media treat cases like that as a joke, as well as the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    perhaps the bloke who was getting paid more than you had seniority or something similar? I find it very difficult to believe that you were paid less JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE FEMALE.

Personally, i am SICK AND TIRED of hearing females complain complain complain...i am grateful to be a woman living today! I know that i have just as much rights as anyone, i feel absolutely no discrimination whatsoever, and see the amusement in 'iron my shirt' jokes! I mean, lighten up! In the old days (notice, PAST TENSE), of course the women were confined to the kitchen! But personally, i would have MUCH prefered to be in a kitchen cooking than out ploughing a field or being involved in hard physical labour like the men were.

The fact of the matter is, men and women will never be completely equal when it comes to the work force, because frankly our bodies and minds are designed differently! I see nothing wrong with that, and in all honesty i find it utterly RIDICULOUS when young capable women of today claim that 'we have fought for our rights...' etc etc. No we sure as hell did not! We are the lucky ones, we were all born in an age where such fighting is not neccessary. Men, who were the ancient architechts of society, realised somewhere along the line that women are capable and relinquished some of the power! Now we are as equal as we can be.

Instead of taking everything so seriously and claiming involvement in the 'fight' against males, why not just realise that men are men and girls are girls. Celebrate femininity, by all means (i love being a girl! I mean, guys can't really justify wearing pink or buying strappy high heels, now can they?!) but don't buy into the theory that males are oppressors. I'm sure that they appreciate women for more than their ability to iron shirts.
    Exactly. (But some guys can justify pink and high heels e.g. [email protected] )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Why don't men have equal rights when it comes to child custody then? Why are so many women routinely allowed to flaunt the law in this area, to the disadvantage of the man? Or in cases where the woman does permit access to his and her children, why should the man be limited to one day a week? Is this fair?

Untill this mess is sorted out, and until the mess that is divorce is sorted out (which almost always favour the woman), I am not going to be moved by any oppression to women in society. We need to begin to stamp out the problem on both sides, not just on the woman's.
    Thats simply because the law isn't fair, and when men protest against these injustices, they are ridiculed, and targeted for abuse by feminists.
    These issues are alot more serious than any pay issue, or any other issue that feminists always go on about.

ReputationRep:
    hold on.

it a picture.

nothing more.

nothing less.

why is it that everytime a "stereotypically male joke" is made, women are totally up-in-arms about it? Get over it, will ya?

Oh, and just for the record...

us men are superior

ReputationRep:
    And this comes from someone who has the playboy bunny underneath his name...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creativesurgeon)
    hold on.

it a picture.

nothing more.

nothing less.

why is it that everytime a "stereotypically male joke" is made, women are totally up-in-arms about it? Get over it, will ya?

Oh, and just for the record...

us men are superior

Well, you had a point until stating men are superior. Men and women are different, so yes, men are superior at some things, but females are superior at others.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Iluvatar and Tek. Feminism has gone too far, it is now affirmative action, which is also discrimination, ie You get a job because you are female, not because you are better qualified, so that a company can bring its balance up to 50-50.

The pay gap has been shown to be the difference in men and women's attitudes. In a Harvard study they showed that the average difference in salary for university leavers (this is off the top of my head, so I cant remember all the facts) was $1,057.
    They also found that only 15% of women bargained to raise their salary whereas 70% of men aggressively refused the deal that was on the table. Surprise, surprise, the average pay rise gained by their bargaining was $1,056.

So i would put forward that the difference may be due to biological makeup and attitude to life as opposed to sexism.

ReputationRep:
    also, i'm surprised that no one has noticed how much females (and i include myself in this accusation, i'm just as guilty as the rest!) use their feminine charms to manipulate men! I know plenty of times when it's been a peice of cake to just get my own way and be chosen for a job over a man, merely because i know how to flutter my eyelashes ( i know that i am opening up a whole can of worms here, the girls are going to accuse me of being evil and weak, and the guys are going to accuse me of being manipulative!) but frankly it's true! And girls, don't you dare try to deny that you have not at one point in your life exploited your womanly assests at the expense of a man to get your own way, because i know it's not true!
    How's that for sexism? Girls claim that we are treated unequally, but that's only because we KNOW that we are in a sense, and we know that we have something that every man wants!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.