Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm starting a Law degree in September and i'm looking for legal work experience. Someone suggested applying to become a citizens advice advisor. Was just wondering are there are students who do this job during the university holidays and what is it like?

Rep will be given to the best answer.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure it's a suitable position if you're only looking for work in the holidays - I applied and they said you have to commit minimum 6 months for training. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FleaBag203)
    Hello

I'm starting a Law degree in September and i'm looking for legal work experience. Someone suggested applying to become a citizens advice advisor. Was just wondering are there are students who do this job during the university holidays and what is it like?

Rep will be given to the best answer.
    Thanks.
    An advisor is someone who already has the degree, you can't just apply to be one without any previous experience.

You can volunteer with them though, but i don't think they'd let you do it through the holidays only. Its generally a six month minimum placement for the advisors because of the training you'l need to undertake.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok thanks for the advice. Will look at experience within a legal firm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.