Holiday in the UK Watch

missyq
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
My best mate and I are thinking of going on holiday for around 4 days, somewhere in the UK. I love London and have been there countless times but I'd like to go on holiday to a different city to explore properly.
Which cities are cheap, cosmopolitan like London and have a good holiday vibe to it? How is Belfast? Anyone been to the edinburgh festival? Cardiff worth visiting?
chipchop92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Liverpool in my opinion, with all the development and culture, is the 2nd/3rd best city in the uK, behind London. Manchester is a bit overated, scotland is ok, and ireland is poor.
bananacake14
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I liked Edinburgh
if you wanna go somewhere with really nice beaches and don't mind camping go to the Gower near Swansea.
If I was you I wouldn't bother going to Cardiff.
Svenjamin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Edinburgh, or Dublin (if you can stretch to Ireland), are by far the best.
Most UK cities don't really have much in the way of tourist attractions. Most are just shops, clubs and restaurants.
missyq
Rep:
?
(Original post by chipchop92)
Liverpool in my opinion, with all the development and culture, is the 2nd/3rd best city in the uK, behind London. Manchester is a bit overated, scotland is ok, and ireland is poor.
Liverpool? Seriously? Most people have said it's quite chavvy overall. How is the city centre?
missyq
Rep:
?
(Original post by bananacake14)
I liked Edinburgh
if you wanna go somewhere with really nice beaches and don't mind camping go to the Gower near Swansea.
If I was you I wouldn't bother going to Cardiff.
Did you go to the edinburgh fest?
missyq
Rep:
?
(Original post by Svenjamin)
Edinburgh, or Dublin (if you can stretch to Ireland), are by far the best.
Most UK cities don't really have much in the way of tourist attractions. Most are just shops, clubs and restaurants.
I know, but that's what we expect: shops, clubs and restaurants. What's there to do in Dublin?
username239687
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Edinburgh is my favorite city in the UK. You have all the sights for during the day, then at night you have the big clubs like City and Cav.
chipchop92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by missyq)
Liverpool? Seriously? Most people have said it's quite chavvy overall. How is the city centre?
look up 'liverpool one' on the internet
letsdothetimewarpagain
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Scotland :holmes:

Although judging by the amount of tourists in my town the south coast is popular too :bigsmile:
Soylent Green
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ToastyCoke)
Edinburgh is my favorite city in the UK. You have all the sights for during the day, then at night you have the big clubs like City and Cav.
Ayyeee, most of the time though its populated by underaged folk. =/

And yea i would say Edinburgh as well, or perhaps Manchester.
Media student
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wales
academic.fail
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

lmao liverpool isnt chavvy, thats such a stereotype. Liverpool has been completely done up town centre wise since 2008 so it is a brand new city with great shops, restaurants and nightlife. They still have awful accents though lol but its an absolutely fantastic city, would thoroughly reccomend it.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?so...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
JBradders
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends where you go the city doesn't it? There's going to be places in a city which could be classed as "chavvy". The city centre is great now and Liverpool isn't short of places to visit, I'd reccomend it but maybe I'm biased cos' I live there!
AdeelAhmad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cornwall, Devon, somerset.
username239687
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Soylent Green)
Ayyeee, most of the time though its populated by underaged folk. =/

And yea i would say Edinburgh as well, or perhaps Manchester.
Underagers are still game :teeth:
missyq
Rep:
?
(Original post by academic.fail)
lmao liverpool isnt chavvy, thats such a stereotype. Liverpool has been completely done up town centre wise since 2008 so it is a brand new city with great shops, restaurants and nightlife. They still have awful accents though lol but its an absolutely fantastic city, would thoroughly reccomend it.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?so...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
Wow didn't expect to see pictures of Liverpool like that! Last time i went was when i was about 8, changed radically since then!
But what is liverpool ONE?
missyq
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdeelAhmad)
Cornwall, Devon, somerset.
Aren't those places a bit quiet for young folk? More fun for families though
academic.fail
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow didn't expect to see pictures of Liverpool like that! Last time i went was when i was about 8, changed radically since then!
But what is liverpool ONE?

liverpool one is the new city centre.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads