Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My best mate and I are thinking of going on holiday for around 4 days, somewhere in the UK. I love London and have been there countless times but I'd like to go on holiday to a different city to explore properly.
    Which cities are cheap, cosmopolitan like London and have a good holiday vibe to it? How is Belfast? Anyone been to the edinburgh festival? Cardiff worth visiting?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool in my opinion, with all the development and culture, is the 2nd/3rd best city in the uK, behind London. Manchester is a bit overated, scotland is ok, and ireland is poor.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Edinburgh
    if you wanna go somewhere with really nice beaches and don't mind camping go to the Gower near Swansea.
    If I was you I wouldn't bother going to Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh, or Dublin (if you can stretch to Ireland), are by far the best.
    Most UK cities don't really have much in the way of tourist attractions. Most are just shops, clubs and restaurants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipchop92)
    Liverpool in my opinion, with all the development and culture, is the 2nd/3rd best city in the uK, behind London. Manchester is a bit overated, scotland is ok, and ireland is poor.
    Liverpool? Seriously? Most people have said it's quite chavvy overall. How is the city centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    I liked Edinburgh
    if you wanna go somewhere with really nice beaches and don't mind camping go to the Gower near Swansea.
    If I was you I wouldn't bother going to Cardiff.
    Did you go to the edinburgh fest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Edinburgh, or Dublin (if you can stretch to Ireland), are by far the best.
    Most UK cities don't really have much in the way of tourist attractions. Most are just shops, clubs and restaurants.
    I know, but that's what we expect: shops, clubs and restaurants. What's there to do in Dublin?

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh is my favorite city in the UK. You have all the sights for during the day, then at night you have the big clubs like City and Cav.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missyq)
    Liverpool? Seriously? Most people have said it's quite chavvy overall. How is the city centre?
    look up 'liverpool one' on the internet

ReputationRep:
    Scotland :holmes:

Although judging by the amount of tourists in my town the south coast is popular too :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Edinburgh is my favorite city in the UK. You have all the sights for during the day, then at night you have the big clubs like City and Cav.
    Ayyeee, most of the time though its populated by underaged folk. =/

And yea i would say Edinburgh as well, or perhaps Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Wales

ReputationRep:

lmao liverpool isnt chavvy, thats such a stereotype. Liverpool has been completely done up town centre wise since 2008 so it is a brand new city with great shops, restaurants and nightlife. They still have awful accents though lol but its an absolutely fantastic city, would thoroughly reccomend it.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?so...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you go the city doesn't it? There's going to be places in a city which could be classed as "chavvy". The city centre is great now and Liverpool isn't short of places to visit, I'd reccomend it but maybe I'm biased cos' I live there!

ReputationRep:
    Cornwall, Devon, somerset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soylent Green)
    Ayyeee, most of the time though its populated by underaged folk. =/

And yea i would say Edinburgh as well, or perhaps Manchester.
    Underagers are still game :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academic.fail)
    lmao liverpool isnt chavvy, thats such a stereotype. Liverpool has been completely done up town centre wise since 2008 so it is a brand new city with great shops, restaurants and nightlife. They still have awful accents though lol but its an absolutely fantastic city, would thoroughly reccomend it.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?so...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
    Wow didn't expect to see pictures of Liverpool like that! Last time i went was when i was about 8, changed radically since then!
    But what is liverpool ONE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    Cornwall, Devon, somerset.
    Aren't those places a bit quiet for young folk? More fun for families though

ReputationRep:
    Wow didn't expect to see pictures of Liverpool like that! Last time i went was when i was about 8, changed radically since then!
    But what is liverpool ONE?

liverpool one is the new city centre.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.