Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi does anybody know the formula they use to work out your grade for a second / 3rd year? my third year is 40% and the finial year 60% i added up the grades and divided it by the mods but i got a differnt number than my grade ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiel)
    hi does anybody know the formula they use to work out your grade for a second / 3rd year? my third year is 40% and the finial year 60% i added up the grades and divided it by the mods but i got a differnt number than my grade ...
    each course is probably different. or might be slightly different. On learn there should be a department info section and in there it has stuff about each course. I have seen mine there before when looking for the module breakdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    No idea who I had because I only went to like 2. That was my problem haha.
    Yep fluids and maths 1... I want to change course
    Well, at least you know what you need to do for next year now, thats what first year is all about. Don't change course!! No other engineering is anywhere near as cool as aero and auto!! :p:
    You don't have to resit the year right? Just the exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicky507)
    Well, at least you know what you need to do for next year now, thats what first year is all about. Don't change course!! No other engineering is anywhere near as cool as aero and auto!! :p:
    You don't have to resit the year right? Just the exams?
    yep just fluids and maths 1 (could have chosen elec tech or thermo instead of maths 1)
    Want o change to economics or something like that. Want to work in banking and finance...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    yep just fluids and maths 1 (could have chosen elec tech or thermo instead of maths 1)
    Want o change to economics or something like that. Want to work in banking and finance...
    You're leaving us for banking and finance Thats a big change.....
    Are you gonna do the resits then decide, or just change to start again next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicky507)
    You're leaving us for banking and finance Thats a big change.....
    Are you gonna do the resits then decide, or just change to start again next year?
    after resits. need to make a real decision. But this course seems less and less for me. Might do pure maths

ReputationRep:
    Remember the banking & finance job market isn't exactly ideal at the moment, and may not have recovered by the time you graduate... And a lot of people who do straight aero/auto end up going into banking and finance (with the exception of this year)!

ReputationRep:
    yeah doubt they would allow me to transfer with these poor grades haha!
    anyone know the deal with having to retake cwk that was in class tests?

ReputationRep:
    My friend is resitting his inclass test during the retake exam period, but he was told this when he got his results (did it before end of term and knew he failed few weeks later)

-x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adept)
    Mine just came a few minutes ago, what did everyone get on theres?

Heres mine:
    http://i28.tinypic.com/2rxfhcp.png

I'm happy.

I so should of taken a business degree instead of economics. lol :yes:

I got 58% and I'm gutted. I need to ace the 2nd and 3rd year if I want to take a masters at LSE. :x 70%'s from now on otherwise suicide. **bangs head on the desk**

I don't think my social policy paper was marked corectly though..... I'm going to ask for feedback as I know the answers were spot on.

I have got my doctor to write a letter about some circumstances affecting my performance. A bit extreme but it might help with some applications

ReputationRep:
    I'm here next year; Although which course I am on is yet to be decided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    have you seen how easy their economics course is? i guess not.
    Nottinghams isn't exactly any harder. The university will be out of the top 20 next year by the looks of it. Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElemenT')
    oh here comes the retard.... still the same immature loser from back in the A-level days I see. You are just annoyed because I managed to get two IB internships and you failed to get any. I'm not suprised though since you seem a immature little kiddie.
    Hey Element this brings me onto a question, I went to the Lufbra open day (Loved it so much man! Loughborough I think has that effect on people) and whilst at the economics talk, the tutor said we have to find our own internships for the placement year... Is this true, isn't there a specific dept that help find these things?

ReputationRep:
    What he means is if you choose to take a placement year then you have to find it yourself. As the Department of Economics does not offer formal placements like the Business School.

Obviously you can still use the careers office if you need help with CVs etc, but he just means that the department won't help you like other departments might.

Don't rely on any careers department to find internships..... Otherwise you wont get anywhere or end up on something really ***** and low paid.

They are a complete joke to be honest. I find internships and placements my self and I like to be in control of everything so it works fine for me lol.

ReputationRep:
    When did you do foundation? I pretty much got those same results in maths 1 and 2! I didnt even go to the applicable maths 2 exam! Mega fail! Dr Mustoe was an arse of a maths teacher though! :rolleyes:

(Original post by baby_emmy)
    Applicable Mathematics 1
    Coursework - 67%
    Exam - 3%

20/80 weighting - 16%

Applicable Mathematics 2
    Coursework - 71%
    Exam - 0% :cool:

20/80 weighting - 14%

Not obvious at all i had help with the coursework and actually did nothing in the exams :p: Oh foundation year... good times

-x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick_g46)
    When did you do foundation? I pretty much got those same results in maths 1 and 2! I didnt even go to the applicable maths 2 exam! Mega fail! Dr Mustoe was an arse of a maths teacher though! :rolleyes:
    Mustoe hated me, lol, was a legend though! Have fond memories running around Sir David Davies at 3.55pm trying to find his office for coursework hand in! 05/06 when i did foundation, gwad, time flies by!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    I so should of taken a business degree instead of economics. lol :yes:

I got 58% and I'm gutted. I need to ace the 2nd and 3rd year if I want to take a masters at LSE. :x 70%'s from now on otherwise suicide. **bangs head on the desk**

I don't think my social policy paper was marked corectly though..... I'm going to ask for feedback as I know the answers were spot on.

I have got my doctor to write a letter about some circumstances affecting my performance. A bit extreme but it might help with some applications
    1st year doesnt count to your degree score!

ReputationRep:
    True but they slap it on your transcript anyway.... *******!

ReputationRep:
    True but they slap it on your transcript anyway.... *******!
    think how i feel. but i suppose if i get a first or a 2:1 overall after this year which will be about 50% average, they will think im clearly smart enough and learned my lesson pretty well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukas7)
    I'm here next year; Although which course I am on is yet to be decided
    Retaking my first year. Time to ace it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.