The Student Room Group
Reply 1
kushanku
Is it possible to take extra courses at university as well as the 120 credits?

Possibly a language course or something - but it won't count for extra credit.
Reply 2
Depends on the university I think. With mine I know you can take language classes but you have to pay for them :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I dont want to take extra classes to boost my grade or anything, there are just a few courses which I would really like to study that dont come under my degree pathway. Would the lecturer mind if I took them?
Reply 4
kushanku
I dont want to take extra classes to boost my grade or anything, there are just a few courses which I would really like to study that dont come under my degree pathway. Would the lecturer mind if I took them?

You can probably attend lectures, but they won't count towards your final grade as you won't be able to enrol onto those modules in order to sit exams.
I think you're best off asking the lecturer themselves, it really depends. Also, will you have time to attend all the classes?
Reply 6
I took an extra class that didn't count towards my degree but was for fun (a language).
You'd probably have to get permission to do it if it's not part of a program (as my language was) and convince your tutor that you will still be studying hard for your degree. I wouldn't imagine that you can do more than one though.
However some courses contain free choice modules anyway meaning you can study something different.
Reply 7
Thanks for the help.
Perhaps another way for me to learn more about the subject would be to help the tutor with research. Do many undergraduate students (if any) help lecturers with research or preparing classes ect?

Latest

Trending

Trending