Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this look fake? watch

• View Poll Results: Sped up?
    yay
    33.33%
    nay
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    As pathetic as arguing with people on the internet is, this has been bugging me for a while now. Watch the video and tell me if you think it's sped up or not?

I think it's probably sped up, not massively, but a lot of his movements are far too quick and fluent for it to be a real-time recording.

ReputationRep:
    Just looks very well rehearsed.

ReputationRep:
    Looks real to me.
    Most proficient jazz drummers blow most rock drummers out of the water.

edit: I am a drummer.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i agree it looks a bit sped up

ReputationRep:
    No way is that sped up, have you ever been to a rock concert?

ReputationRep:
    that was awesome, but unreal unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was real because when i wastch live concerts the drummers are always hitting the drums,syballes etc, really fast

ReputationRep:
    The name of the video is more suspicious than the actual video, never seen a video with "live" in the title before if its just some guy at home or whatever, no need for it unless they are trying to make it seem real for some strange (sped up?) reason ...

ReputationRep:
    Looks real enough.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, sped up, the symbols oscillate too fast when he hits them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    yeah, sped up, the symbols oscillate too fast when he hits them
    unless you know how hard he is hitting them you can't really say that

for what it's worth i know people who can drum at that speed, so it isn't exactly impossible that it's real

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not it's fake, many drummers could easily play that fast and with at least as much precision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan70)
    The name of the video is more suspicious than the actual video, never seen a video with "live" in the title before if its just some guy at home or whatever, no need for it unless they are trying to make it seem real for some strange (sped up?) reason ...
    I think it's live in terms of the version of the track that he is playing. Y'know, Stairway to Heaven being different to Stairway to Heaven live.

I would say it is real, I've seen crazier stuff than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    unless you know how hard he is hitting them you can't really say that

for what it's worth i know people who can drum at that speed, so it isn't exactly impossible that it's real

yeah yeah i know it's possible.
    I just thought the symbols fell a little too fast, as everything falls at the same pace.

ReputationRep:
    I also think it's sped up, though not very much. There's something about his hand movements that don't seem real.

ReputationRep:
    All the people that think it's sped up are idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxNq05ukmuY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdz4...eature=related

More fake drummers apparently :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My reasonably educated guess (being a drummer) is that it is sped up. That kind of drumming isn't anywhere near impossible to do, but looking at the speed his arms move around the kit make me think it's sped up.

ReputationRep:
    That doesnt even look fast compared to some of the drummers ive seen in the past
    Id say it was real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    yeah yeah i know it's possible.
    I just thought the symbols fell a little too fast, as everything falls at the same pace.
    Well if you drop something it falls at the same pace, but if you hit something down then it moves with an initial impulse relating to the size of your hit

I was trying to use his head movements to gauge if its sped up or not, but it isn't obvious at all - but it can't be by much

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

it's mike here, mr who did the video.

i'm kinda flattered that so many people think there's some kind of trickery going on here....but i can promise you there isn't. i won't lie - it wasn't the first take i did, took a few goes to get it right - but no speeding up. just alot of memorizing and alot of practice.

what specifically was it that made you guys think it was sped up?

like i said - if anybody's got any questions or anything, feel free to drop me a mail on mikeglozier at gmail.com

cheers

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.