Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Of course you were not wrong to say something. Give this guy the widest berth possible. You sound like a woman with principles or he would have got a lot further than he did with you. Well done for being straight and ultimiately taking the higher ground.

ReputationRep:
    no, he sounds like a ****. he knows exactly what he did and is now trying to make you look like a fool. Best thing you can do is ignore him, he will probably respect you more for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jludvig)
    hi thanks would u forgive someone for doing what he did though
    I'm very unforgiving. And this person does not deserve your forgiveness.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    No you weren't wrong to have said something, he's not like that with everyone if he only started doing it suddenly, god he's an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    *Honk Honk* "all aboard the ******* bandwagon"

So were you flirting with him when he had a gf then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    I'm very unforgiving. And this person does not deserve your forgiveness.

I find it hard to forgive people. People sometimes dont deserve a second chance.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i just resent him totally hes come out of this smelling of roses new gf - fiance who hes marrying next yr,posh house,holidays good job etc... i got nothing but hurt
    You have got to stop dragging this up or you will never move on and get over it, Joanne. It's obvious you DON'T resent him; you're still obsessed with him, you're looking for cracks in his current relationship and now you've created another identity on here so you can start the same saga all over again!

He wanted to shag you. You didn't let him. That was the RIGHT thing to do at the time, he had a girlfriend and he wanted to cheat on her.

He's not a friend so there's no friendship to ruin.

You have been dwelling on this for months - if not years if others are to be believed.

FORGET HIM.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i feel i have ruined a friendship with a guy i was quite close to. Basically we were mates for over a year. I send him an email asking about something went from there. Anyway after a while he started giving me the come on as he was having issues with his gf. Texting me alot more the usual hi there how are u x which was weird he never even bothered replying, would bother with me alot more,was a lot more touchy finding excuses to touch me for eg touching my bra strap or touching my leg, he said some inappropriate stuff like making references bout going on a dirty weekend and how he hoped to see my underwear....how i was a sexy minx,constantly asking me to go over his flat i didnt as i felt it was wrong despite him taking me for a meal out after work one day.

I felt he was being distant with me he stopped texting/flirting thats when ifound out he met another girl. I was very hurt and confronted him saying i felt he led me on he said he speaks like that to all the girls, that hed known me too long and that i read him all wrong - which my instincts feel he was lying.... Since then our friendship hasn’t been the same hes barely bothered with me and when we have talked it has at times been awkward was i to blame for saying something
    Don't beat yourself up. I think anyone could have thought the same as you, he was sending you the wrong signals. I think what you should do is put it behind you, talk to him like it never happened. If you feel like you can't do that then perhaps you should just forget him.

ReputationRep:
    you weren't wrong to say something, he sounds like a player to me.

ReputationRep:
    i was the one single and i felt at time there was a chance for me n him
    So you were still flirting with him when he had a gf, therefore making his situation worse and possibly confusing him resulting in this whole fiasco, amirite?

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree with mcloving123. You've had plenty of good advice on this Joanne. Everyone agrees that he was just after a bit of action, which you were right not to give him, and he treated you badly by dropping you as soon as he found someone else. You've been advised so many times to move on from him and that he's not worth it, not just on this forum but on loads of others too!! You keep cropping up all over the internet asking the same thing. I suggested counselling a few weeks ago and I still think that would help you, because obviously you're struggling to get over it yourself. You've been obsessing over this for sooo long and its not good for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mendelssohn4)
    I completely agree with mcloving123. You've had plenty of good advice on this Joanne.
    Cheers, but I should point out that mcloving123 is a Joanne alias from other forums whilst I am the one and only lovingmc123.

I'm wondering - perhaps Joanne is a bot?

ReputationRep:
    oh yeaaah!! I thought something sounded strange when I wrote that. Correction - i do NOT agree with Mcloving123. no no no!!

ReputationRep:
    If you look through jludvig's previous threads, you'll notice that her facts change a bit. For example, she aged 2 years in two months. This person is blatantly out to annoy people, why can't the mods intervene?

By the way, if this story is true then considering you said in other posts that you have no/limited experience, its obvious to see that he only wanted you for sex, when you didn't give it to him he found someone else. He didn't lead you cause the comments he made about you shows that he was just lusting for you rather than wanting a real relationship. He saw you as a sex object so maybe its time you moved on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.