Turn on thread page Beta

What do you do with your old clothes? watch

ReputationRep:
    save the children charity or the ones that send bags around every week

ReputationRep:
    I'm really fussy about keeping my clothes in immaculate condition so they can always go to charity shops... usually British Heart Foundation as it's my favourite, but also Scope and Age Concern, because they're the first ones you pass when you walk along what is basically 'Charity Shop Road' in my city, and I sometimes can't be bothered to go all the way along I never ever ever throw my clothes away.

ReputationRep:
    Charity shop, or, if simply too small, I give them to my sister (not that this happens much anymore - since I lost weight she's been the one giving clothes to me ). You can also find clothes banks alongside bottle banks where you can have the clothes recycled

ReputationRep:
    Depends on reason their old clothes.

If they're full of holes, then they're either used as rags or go in the bin
    If they're no longer in style, normally keep them as trashy clothes (either for when Im doing DIY or when Im not going out anywhere) or go to the charity shop
    If they're too small, see if my bro will wear them, if not charity shop

The likes of sensitive clothing, like old underwear or socks either go for rags or go in the bin

Charity shop, clothing bank, the bin or my mum takes them.

ReputationRep:
    hmm yes i went through this whole style change, my old clothes can now be found in charity shops

and i am going to try and sell my most expensive "old" clothes on ebay/amazon

ReputationRep:
    Shot them in the local clothes bank

ReputationRep:
    eBay.
    Stuff that doesn't sell or is crappy goes to charity shops.

ReputationRep:
    Charity Shop!

ReputationRep:
    Charity bags.

ReputationRep:
    I find myself doing wardrobe clear-outs far too often. I usually give them to my sisters or if they don't like then I give to charity

EDIT: And Ebay :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    I'm clearing out my things and have a bunch of old clothes. I'm not sure of what to do with them.

What do you people do with your old clothes?

ebay - giv thm to me? ill sell thm i need to mke sum money

ReputationRep:
    I sell them or donate them.

ReputationRep:
    Wear them around the house on lazy days. Bin/charity for anything I don't want to keep.

ReputationRep:
    i take mine to a 'clothes bank' that sends clothes to africa.
    somewhere out there, there's a ghanaian wearing my kappa tracksuit with a beret and jelly shoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    I'm clearing out my things and have a bunch of old clothes. I'm not sure of what to do with them.

What do you people do with your old clothes?
    I'm pretty sure you know the word and meaning charity.
    Put them in the black bin bags and take it to your local charity shops.

ReputationRep:
    Some go to younger siblings Some go to cousins etc. The rest, being in Africa, we give to people who need them. To a homeless shelter, or to workmen who helped build the house/plumbers/gardeners..whatever. Somebody always knows somebody who needs them

Wish I knew how to change them into new things though, that'd be cool!

ReputationRep:
    Charity shop

ReputationRep:
    Pass them on to my sister...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If they're in a good condition, take them to a charity shop.
    If not, throw them away.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.