Turn on thread page Beta

I have two of the undated 20p coins! watch

ReputationRep:
    Give 'em to me, I can make a lot of money for you

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited! I just don't understand why some of these coins are going for thousands and some are not ?

ReputationRep:
    Don't sell them to the printy minty people (I forget what they're called ), put them on ebay because they are going for more then the £50 you would get from them, you lucky sausage

ReputationRep:
    apparently my dad has 3, and for 60p, he says I can have them!

ReputationRep:
    Keep them safe for a couple of years, then sell on ebay. I'm guessing there will be quite a few for sale now, but in the future the will be quite rare and collectible.

ReputationRep:
    Sell one to get a bit of cash to keep you happy, but keep hold of one!

Or you could always give one to me for 30p. That is the best deal ever!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemkule)
    They sell for significantly more on ebay.
    Fair enough, I stand corrected!

ReputationRep:
    I'd sell one on eBay now (apparently some have been going for £100s) and keep one, hoping that it'd be worth more in a few years.

ReputationRep:
    If everyone on here has one, or a few like there claiming then surely there pretty common, so won't be worth much.

I thought i had one, there's no date on the tails side of a new coin, but theres a date on the heads side, so, i guess its worth a mear 20p

ReputationRep:
    I've been keeping a look out for these... Still nothing. Couple of these and I would be sorted for the rest of the summer!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of asking my bank to give me it's contents in 20p coins, is that possible?

I have about £200 in there btw.

ReputationRep:
    They're definately genuine, no dates either side.. I might take them to a dealer to be valued

ReputationRep:
    They are worth a few hundred pound each on ebay. Do not sell them to the royal mint

ReputationRep:
    I've got one too and I'm putting it on eBay tonight some people are saying to keep them because they'll go up in value, but I'd sell it now because if it turns out there are more than people at first thought, they'll go down in value, and they seem to keep turning up everywhere. Probably the safest bet is sell one, keep the other though because I could be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriz M)
    Keep them safe for a couple of years, then sell on ebay. I'm guessing there will be quite a few for sale now, but in the future the will be quite rare and collectible.
    I agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt10101)
    I have about 12 of them, I had alot of them in my till at work so I called my friend and got him to buy some sweets and pay with £20, then I gave him as many of the 20p's i could and we split them up between us the next day

So i have about £500 if I sell them all
    I doubt you have 12, they might have the same design as the undated ones but they will have the date in small writing on the queens head side.
    and if they are real then make that £5000 not £500

ReputationRep:
    I was watching the news today, the Mint have made them legal tender and they are now worth the incredible amount of 20p each.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if people have posted this link to the Royal Mint site (makers of all UK currency)... You will need to register with them first and they will swap the coins for 50.00 each. Read the info before sending them back to them. http://www.undated20p.com/

ReputationRep:
    Lucky! Sell them on EBay

ReputationRep:
    Give them to me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.