The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You cannot fall in love with someone you have never met in person. It is impossible. End of discussion.

ps. and dont say "what about Christians and Jesus?" because that's not the same.
thats not falling in love
I'm not sure its possible to actually fall in love with someone without any social interaction.
Did you make the thread earlier about loving someone off TSR?
Reply 4
Playa_h8r
For example a girl watches a guy but has never had the chance/too shy to speak to him face to face or meet him properly, but because of what she has heard and seen of him falls in love with him

So what do you think?

I dont know....maybe if the person has spoken to them online and got an impression of them then met up and their feelings have continued then maybe ?
not sure you can fall in love with someone because of what you hear and see of them, IMO you have to get to know the person yourself :smile:
It's not love. It's an infatuation.
Zweihander
You cannot fall in love with someone you have never met in person. It is impossible. End of discussion.

ps. and dont say "what about Christians and Jesus?"
because that's not the same.

this.
You can get a crush on someone, but don't confuse that for love.
Reply 7
:O
Im really not sure how you could...
Sexual attraction is the right word
Infatuation is the word mate. Or Bijuu, if you prefer that :p:
Reply 10
Lust, infatuation, call it what you will. It feels like love but it's just short. Act on it darling, you'll be forever thinking 'what if', if you don't.
Of course not. There are many different types of love, and people experience love in many different ways. But yes, I do agree that there must be some universal (or objective if you want) characteristic in a relationship to identify it as a loving one, it's just a matter of finding out what that quality is exactly...

...anyway I still stand by what I say, as erotic love is the height of the interpersonal relationship between two people, you cannot have erotic love for someone you have never met in person. It is impossible.
Reply 12
Yeah, done that.

It feels like love, i know it isnt, but i know it would be.

But back to reality.. ha.
Zweihander

I dunno, I think I'm in love with the girl in ur sig
Reply 14
Yet another person who cannot distinguish between love and lust.
You'll get over it.
Or you know.. you can man the **** up and talk to them :o:
Love is the pinnacle of the relationship between two people. I mean where else can you go with someone after you fall in love? So if you dont reach that point, you are not in love with them. Let's say you could go past love, then that would mean love would be quantifiable, in other words you can love one thing more than another. But then you cant technically say you love one person more than another, because if love is the pinnacle of the relationship between two people, then how can one the love you have for one be superior to the other.
Reply 16
danpr
Lust, infatuation, call it what you will. It feels like love but it's just short. Act on it darling, you'll be forever thinking 'what if', if you don't.

Okay...well...it's not really... is it now.

Lust is sexual attraction.

Love is completely different. It's much more deep and meaningful.
Zweihander

Zwei, I'm in love with the girl in your sig :love:
To the OP: No, don't be so ridiculous. You fancy the guy, that's all.
Reply 19
You're not in love, don't be so ridiculous. It's just a crush or lust

Latest

Trending

Trending