ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Cricket scores.

ReputationRep:
    weather. love that weather.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegallyBlonde2.0)
    Was that fake tan on you (if so what brand is it?) or have you been using BB for finding sunny spots?
    huh!?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Was that fake tan on you (if so what brand is it?) or have you been using BB for finding sunny spots?
    You'd be surprised what a quick <help><help> IB can find out for you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BetterThanHeaven)
    Cricket scores.
    This

ReputationRep:
    I am sitting at a Bloomberg terminal all day at the office where I am doing an internship and was wondering what the 5 most important uses were on it (other than searching information and trading).
    It depends completely on what area you're working in, your best bet is to ask members of your team what they find useful.

ReputationRep:
    Reuters Datastream. Oh, wait...

ReputationRep:
    Read

ReputationRep:
    PB posted some interesting functions a while back. Something like murder rates or something morbid like that. Anyone remember something more concrete? Not really important, but it's always important to be able to kill time if necessary!!

ReputationRep:
    Most useful functions on a BBG terminal for me in small/mid cap world. HDS (holders so I can see if my clients own a material position), EEB (consensus data), RV is good too for comps, IIRA is good for seeing size of trades that are going through. Mostly just play around in stocks and find bits of goodness. DES is also useful for getting a snapshot quickly. EVTS is good for getting a calendar of what datapoints are coming up which could drive the markets.

On the CFA L2 front. Equity/FI valuation, quants and accounting will probably be useful although applying it will be difficult so quickly during an internship. Unless you have done L1 it could also be quite difficult too. During internships I would be spending as much time reading brokership reports, studying models, listening to conf calls so that you can find nuggets of value that your team can then sell to clients and make your firm money. CFA L2 will come in time but is really just a hurdle to climb through.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.