Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    go to a GAY bar. for some reason, any single person on the pull goes to a gay bar, and it always works for me (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    I prefer to go out on my own.
    Is that an upside or downside?
    I'd say go out with mates, you'll look like a bit of a loner of you are on your own and girls might think you're a bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffykins91)
    go to a GAY bar. for some reason, any single person on the pull goes to a gay bar, and it always works for me (:
    Yeah...thing is he is trying to pull a girl :woo:

(runs away and hides before I get shouted at for misunderstanding)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snipex)
    I'd say go out with mates, you'll look like a bit of a loner of you are on your own and girls might think you're a bit weird.
    They always dominate the women or I'm too suspicious of them with them there. Have more joy with da honeyz on my own tbh.

ReputationRep:
    bigging yourself up to pull never ever works. just chill have a good time and take what comes if and when it comes

ReputationRep:
    They always dominate the women or I'm too suspicious of them with them there. Have more joy with da honeyz on my own tbh.
    You just have to stand out a bit more. Be more 'alpha' if you will then. But it's so much more fun to go out with mates than on your own. Who even cares about pulling, it's about the fact that it's a night out where you get to chill with your mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dropdeadfred2)
    Sorry - read your OP quickly and wasn't sure...
    Anyway, I always found with my friends that girls are drawn to the person who is 'not available' so if you say you are NOT on the pull they always seemmore interested...dunno why..gues sgirls don't like to feel that theyare not special enough to change your mind :rolleyes:
    that is excellent advise! the reverse psychology tact always works for me aswell.

ReputationRep:
    -dont place priority on her looks (im not saying dont approach good looking women, just don't make it look like your only in for the looks)
    -don't lick her arse (dont say she's 10 out of 10 etc. gives her an inflated baloon ego, and she'll think she's better than you)
    -be honest (if you built enough comfort, dont say youre looking for a relationship if you want a shag, just say you're looking for something casual to see where things go)
    -don't buy a drink (any guy can buy her a drink) unless she buys one first
    -make sure you are with a group of people. (you could befriend boys before approaching girls or come with mates)
    be a man and dont be afraid of having a different opinion to her

ReputationRep:
    Don't go alone :no: Guys on there own on nights out creep me out.

ReputationRep:
    Pubs are open late enoug and prefer them. I agree re being alone and prefer to do life like that generally..so -called 'mates' are a pain and hinder your chances. I dunno how to get them interested, i do get good looks but then theey are with friends they cant break off.
    You go to pubs on your own specifically to try and pick up women?
    That makes you sound like a creepy weirdo tbh, and most girls u meet will probably think the same. I'd be much more likely to talk to the fun boy having a laugh with his mates than the loner standing at the end of the bar just staring at all the women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeee :))
    Don't go alone :no: Guys on there own on nights out creep me out.
    Yeah, me too. Like the guys on their own that stand by the bar in clubs staring at people on the dancefloor :no:

ReputationRep:
    All you need is a wingman, some balls and no fear of rejection.

ReputationRep:
    sooooo...did you pull?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Yeah, me too. Like the guys on their own that stand by the bar in clubs staring at people on the dancefloor :no:
    I can see your point, but maybe they have no friends (not his fault) or his friends are not the clubbing type (but the guy in question does like clubs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repoman)
    I can see your point, but maybe they have no friends (not his fault) or his friends are not the clubbing type (but the guy in question does like clubs)
    Yeah, I know I was just saying what creeped me out when I see guys on their own. Well, he is free to go out alone if he wants. And I certainly wouldnt not be attracted to someone just because they were on their own. I guess it just comes down to how people behave if they are on their own...some guys come across as a bit creepy (mainly older guys tbh) but I'm sure the OP isnt In fact I think it must be quite liberating to go out alone, I'm just jelous because I wouldnt have the confidence to go out for a night out on my own :o:

ReputationRep:
    Stay away from chat up lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bone-machine)
    sooooo...did you pull?????
    Dobtfull, he went alone and he was looking to pull. That is just DESPERATE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altruistic1)
    I don't go out to clubs alone. But if I did, and I was looking to pull like you are, I'd probably try something like:
    (well you're going to need to talk a lot of ******** because you are alone and a girl would find that weird):

Get yourself a little tipsy. Stay on dance floor for a bit, looking energetic, getting into a positive mindset.
    Go to bar, order a drink.. see a hot chick. Smile. See how she responds.
    Start chatting her up (best chat up line = "hi" remember?), ask her who she's there with then when she asks you who you're there with, tell her something like.. you were with your girlfriend and her friends, but don't know where she is, she likes to mess you about etc. then change subject and start flirting more and more gradually. Then you could say something like "how about you, are you here with your boyfriend?" to find out if she has one without being too obvious. If you're feeling reallllly camp and she says no, you could say something like.. you refuse to believe a girl as stunning as her hasn't got one. If she has, move on.. back to the dancefloor.

^ you've diffused the 'no friends with me' scenario, found out whether she's single, made her feel a bit of sympathy towards you [i.e trust], started flirting and made yourself the 'forbidden fruit' which she can't have [you have a gf remember?]. Then you could maybe ask her to introduce you to her friends (if you're really into her) or ask her for a dance and pull her
    I dont think she would want to pull you if you say you got a girlfriend:eek: , well most girls wont

ReputationRep:
    You will have a better chance pulling on your own then with your mates.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.