Calling a guy cute? Watch

cookiee
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What do guys think when a girl calls them cute? Was just wondering because I call my bf cute quite a lot and I think it makes him feel a bit like a kid? He did say once.. "puppies are the kind of things you call cute.."
So what DO guys like to be called?
member312105
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fit, hot, sexy, gorgeous? I call my boyfriend beautiful which is a bit of a weird thing to call a guy but I think he is :love:
BurntDesire™
Report 10 years ago
handsome, gorgeous, things i epitomise basically
Lessthanzero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Big Daddy.

i dont think guys mind it, though i was told once that if a girl called you cute she only saw you as a friend.:rolleyes: You do get told some useless bull in a liftime
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cute in England usually connotes to "Aw, how nice". It's more of an american thing to call somebody attractive cute.

I prefer to be called "THE DON", but I'm open to other complimentary suggestions.
supercoolfred
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anything but sweet. Sweet is the kiss of death.
thatwhichiam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My (male) best friend forbids me from using it to describe guys as he claims it's never used when you fancy a guy/it makes him feel less 'masculine' (my best friend's a bit odd). However, I have/still fancy people I would call cute, because hot/sexy just wouldn't be right.
Muffin.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jennikay)
I call my boyfriend beautiful which is a bit of a weird thing to call a guy but I think he is :love:
Aww! That's so sweet! lol
Scott20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cute's fine IMO.
WiBurn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cute is fine. Your BF has some issues with his masculinity or something (not saying this is 100% correct, it's just how I'd see it).
QwentyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Being called cute would be nice! Then again, I've nnever been called cute, so there you go!
Kytiane
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jennikay)
Fit, hot, sexy, gorgeous? I call my boyfriend beautiful which is a bit of a weird thing to call a guy but I think he is :love:
I do this to my boyfriend :shy2:
QwentyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kytiane)
I do this to my boyfriend :shy2:
Brilliant sig, BTW!
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whenever somebody calls me cute (once in a blue moon) I cry for a few hours, but get over it.
Grapevine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can think of far worse things to be called.
Vivisteiner
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If a woman calls me cute I get really upset. I sometimes even burst into tears. Its like they're saying I'm not very masculine.
CapturedSoul
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I call my boyfriend cute all the time, and he can't differentiate between me actually meaning "cute" or me meaning "sexy".
Sweet by and by
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
Whenever somebody calls me cute (once in a blue moon) I cry for a few hours, but get over it.
When I say your cute it doesn't mean I think your small in the bedroom department it just means well....as Lily Allen says its not fair :/

Spoiler:
Show
:love:
xps.systems
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Irrelevance)
Cute in England usually connotes to "Aw, how nice". It's more of an american thing to call somebody attractive cute.

I prefer to be called "THE DON", but I'm open to other complimentary suggestions.

I prefer to be called "GRANDMASTER RAMROD", but I'm open to other complimentary suggestions.

squish.
Rated R Superstar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by supercoolfred)
Anything but sweet. Sweet is the kiss of death.
I hate being called sweet too. 'Sweet' translates to 'ewww I would never get with him'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads