Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Well... I'm not going to invite you up to my bedroom now, am I? *sacrastic look*
    Only if my lawnmower moves pay off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    You're lucky it's you, jugs. :love:
    Oh Mr Brushnan!:blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    Oh Mr Brushnan!:blush:
    :hump:

ReputationRep:
    Personally I hate it, sorry. Cute seems like something you'd say to a smaller/younger person, it kinda feels socially degrading (although that may be a touch over dramatic way of phrasing it). I think the problem is there is the english meaning and the american meaning, but now the english have adopted both meanings, which is just plain confusing! If a girl called me cute I definitely wouldn't think she was interested though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    on this day
    i see clearly
    everything will come to life....
    Somebody else knows!!

Awesome song, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Cute in England usually connotes to "Aw, how nice". It's more of an american thing to call somebody attractive cute.

I prefer to be called "THE DON", but I'm open to other complimentary suggestions.
    hmm I like to be called 'THE BIG CHEESE'

ReputationRep:
    Guys prefer handsome rather than cute

ReputationRep:
    I've been called cute on TSR from my profile pic, but that means nothing really it just means you are either a child or a teddy bear, I JUST WANT TO BE CALLED FIT' lol but it aint happening.

Not Rabid.

ReputationRep:
    Don't call people cute, nobody has a clue if it's positive or negative. Last time I was called cute it was like "wtf am I under attack??"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nashy19)
    Don't call people cute, nobody has a clue if it's positive or negative. Last time I was called cute it was like "wtf am I under attack??"
    Can you dig it?

ReputationRep:
    dont really care enough to be bothered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    Somebody else knows!!

Awesome song, right?
    yeah sure, i used to watch wrestlin, its on and off though
    watched wrestlemania, john cena vs big show vs edge wtf was that?
    wrestling brings back memories though...

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with that.Just don't call him 'beautiful' like some of these arty farty girls do. 'beautiful' and 'pretty' are what men call girls.

I would be very insulted if a girl called me 'pretty'. Because she was saying I was some kind of queer.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care. I've been called it before.
    I'd hate to be called sweet though, nobody has ever called me sweet before. Only bitter:p:

ReputationRep:
    Cute sounds like the girl didn't put much effort in thinking.

Even "hunk" is better than cute.

ReputationRep:
    its cute to be called cute. It makes me giggle like a school girl. it generally goes downhill from there though..

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, sometimes cute is just like a different look Like there are some guys who are cute but not hot, if you get what I mean?
    Haha, i'm not sure, I think partly it depends where you come from and what kinda context its usually used in.

I mean, I know here if you said someone was fit they'd think you meant very active and ran a lot or something

ReputationRep:
    goddamnit, I just got called cute too a la facebook for everyone to see haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    Fit, hot, sexy, gorgeous? I call my boyfriend beautiful which is a bit of a weird thing to call a guy but I think he is :love:

i totally do that hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Well if it bothers him then call him something more... Manly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.