Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently had the news that my girlfriend of 2 months is pregnant . We are currently net fishing in Indonesia on a gap year and the local doctor their gave us the good / bad news yesterday . So i was just wondering if you guys could give me some name ideas both female and male as we plan on keeping the baby . Kinda hoping for a boy though .

ReputationRep:
    Tallulahdoesthehulainhawii

Princess Consuala Banana Hammock.

Jim.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any name ideas i'm afraid but congratulations :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If your surname's Dover.....Ben.

ReputationRep:
    If that was me I'd be at the abortion clinic tbh.

Congrats anyway, sorta. Don't pick names yet, you'll jinx it. Bad luck.

ReputationRep:
    I'm keeping all the best names for my kids unfortunately.

Karl is nice though, for a boy. ... Actually I may keep that.

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Seagal.

ReputationRep:
    Emily
    Jessica
    Rose

Owen
    Taylor
    Daniel

There my favourites :yep:

Oh, and congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    I recommend anything Irish or Icelandic. Brilliance.

ReputationRep:
    congrads. One of my best friends found out she is 5 weeks pregnant on Monday. Her ex does not want to be a dad or a big part of the childs life, he will just support it financially. She's glad I'm there (and a few of her other close mates) are here to help.
    As for names, we are already laughing about picking them. But its really hard, no?
    there are loads of sites though, google 'baby names' and your set to look around, if you dont have a few names already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I recommend anything Irish or Icelandic. Brilliance.
    If it's in Icelandic, no one will be able to pronounce it.

Agaetus Byrjun, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    mohammad

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the surname.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cognito_08)
    If your surname's Dover.....Ben.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    If it's in Icelandic, no one will be able to pronounce it.

Agaetus Byrjun, anyone?
    How hard are Hilda or Haraldur to pronounce? :p: Not that I picked the easier names or anything.

If you want, I could teach you how to pronounce ágætis byrjun.

Funny story bout that. There's a thing going round that Sigur Rós' first three albums titles are a message: von means "hope"; vonbrigði means "despair" and ágætis byrjun means "an alright start". So the rumour is in the album sleeves it says: "we brought you hope", "it turned to despair", "this is an alright start".

Make of that what you will, but even in Iceland Sigur Rós are known to be pretentious *****. Heh, yet they like Björk... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    How hard are Hilda or Haraldur to pronounce? :p: Not that I picked the easier names or anything.

If you want, I could teach you how to pronounce ágætis byrjun.

Funny story bout that. There's a thing going round that Sigur Rós' first three albums titles are a message: von means "hope"; vonbrigði means "despair" and ágætis byrjun means "an alright start". So the rumour is in the album sleeves it says: "we brought you hope", "it turned to despair", "this is an alright start".

Make of that what you will, but even in Iceland Sigur Rós are known to be pretentious *****. Heh, yet they like Björk... :confused:
    I only heard of them a few weeks ago, kinda loving it but I've hardly heard anything of theirs really. Have around 8 songs. :proud:

And unlike you, I am a complete useless mong with languages. Can't even speak my own language, nvm something cool like Icelandic. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    WiFi-Enabled. Works for both genders and everything :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Rufus or Henrietta

ReputationRep:
    Optimus Prime.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!

Erm, me and my boyfriend are planning on irish names!

However, I like Oliver, Fred, Ben for a boy

Or a girl- Lily, Jade, Daisy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.