Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't get up in the morning! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to get up early every morning so that my days aren't wasted, but when I wake up and my alarm goes off I immediately switch it off and go back to sleep.
    I hate this as when I eventually do get up between 11 and 12 I can think of a lot of things I could have done that morning.
    Of course when I'm going to uni or work this doesn't happen, but now its the hols I have a lot more free days.
    My house mates have about the same amount of things to do in the day as me yet they have no problems getting up early in the mornings, even if we were all out at a house party till like 4am!
    What should I do??? x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Put your alarm clock on the other side of your room.
    When it goes off, you have to get out of bed to shut it up. (Hopefully the journey will wake you up.)

ReputationRep:
    Personally I set multiple alarms, one for 1pm, one for quarter past.. etc.. (I work nights). My alarm is also on the otherside of the room, so it wakes me up with moving!

ReputationRep:
    go to bed earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I think the alarm on the other side of the room is a good idea, i tryed it and it worked well for me.

My problem isnt so much that i cant wake up, i just dont want to get out of bed, so i have to force myself to get out, sounds similar to you :p:

Just tell yourself you want to get up, and hope you have enough will to get you out of bed.

ReputationRep:
    go to bed earlier or
    dont eat dinner, then in the morning, you'll be starving and have to go get something to eat.
    or drink tons before you go to bed, so you really need the toilet early in the morning
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Or one of these:
    http://www.firebox.com/product/1913/Clocky

It's an alarm clock with wheels, you'll have to chase it if you want it to be quiet

ReputationRep:
    Drink a coupla pints of water so you're desperate for the loo when you wake.

Dunno about you, but no matter how much I fancy a lie in I simply cannot go back to sleep if I need the loo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cognito_08)
    Or one of these:

It's an alarm clock with wheels, you'll have to chase it if you want it to be quiet
    aww you beat me to it.
    these clocks are awesome

ReputationRep:
    Only between 11 and 12?

Wish I got up that early.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep goes in cycles of 110 minutes (deep sleep during the middle, light sleep at 110 minutes), you'll be able to wake up easier if you wake up at a multiple of 110 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Lol on Thursday I only woke up when my mum got back from work (around 3:30 p.m.)

I did go to bed at 5 a.m. though. PS3 in my room + Me = Very late nights

ReputationRep:
    Or one of these:

That is AWESOME!!

That is going #1 on my christmas list!

ReputationRep:
    Or one of these:

nice find lol

ReputationRep:
    i get up 5 30 most mornings to go to work... as long as i get up straight after my alarm im fine!

ReputationRep:
    Or one of these:

No way! The best one is the helicopter alarm clock http://www.firebox.com/product/1681/...lock?src_t=wnw

I have this and it works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm similar. I can get up fine for uni and work, but i sleep in so much on my free days.
    I've tried the alarm clock at the other side of the room thing, but weirdly i always woke up before it went off and got out my bed, turned it off, and went back to bed!
    I just try to set as many alarms as i can - phone, two clocks.

ReputationRep:
    There's an even better alarm than that that my mate at uni has got. Not sure where to get it i'm sure you can google it (other search engines are available from all good internet providings) where it is based on a little docking station and when it goes off it flies around the room! seriously cool. Then you have to find it and place it back on its launch pad before it shuts up. Think he paid like £20 for it online somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    Personally I set multiple alarms, one for 1pm, one for quarter past.. etc.. (I work nights). My alarm is also on the otherside of the room, so it wakes me up with moving!
    1pm!!!! wow how are you not already up by then???!!!!?!?!?!?!

**EDIT**

Just read the rest of you post, I jumped the gun a bit. My bad

ReputationRep:
    Put your alarm clock on the other side of your room.
    When it goes off, you have to get out of bed to shut it up. (Hopefully the journey will wake you up.)
    He might fall on the floor or go back to sleep standing. :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.