Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't get up in the morning! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I fooked up my sleeping pattern this week.

Wednesday night couldnt sleep, so did an all-nighter. It came to about 9am last time i checked the clocked and just passed out due to tiredness then i got up and 2.30pm.

ReputationRep:
    seriously i have the same problem as you.
    i cant wake up because i have nothing to wake up for.
    i end up going to bed at about 2 then waking up at 11, then thinking i could go back to sleep, meh i may aswell got nothing better to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GigiNYC)
    I want to get up early every morning so that my days aren't wasted, but when I wake up and my alarm goes off I immediately switch it off and go back to sleep.
    I hate this as when I eventually do get up between 11 and 12 I can think of a lot of things I could have done that morning.
    Of course when I'm going to uni or work this doesn't happen, but now its the hols I have a lot more free days.
    My house mates have about the same amount of things to do in the day as me yet they have no problems getting up early in the mornings, even if we were all out at a house party till like 4am!
    What should I do??? x
    I always have this problem during the hols. When I've got college or work then I'm fine. I found that if I make plans for the day, then I have trouble staying in bed. I joined the gym, and that seems to work. Maybe you should try filling your day with things to do. Best of luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    Set multiple alarms and put the alarm on the opposite side of the room. When you get up no matter how you feel don't go back to bed. Get up and stay up. This will force you to wake up and eventually you'll get used to it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.