Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to go from Nottingham to Brighton and back on the 18th/20th July by National Express.

The only way to do it is by changing in London at either Gatwick Airport or 'London'.

I'm not that confidant in changing etc and have never done National Express before.

Is it easy to change buses? Which is the easiest to navigate a change over?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to Gatwick, avoid London. London is very easy to change at. You arrive in arrivals, follow signs for departures, look at the tv screens to find out which gate your coach will depart from and then make sure you are there before the departure time! Easy.

I've not been to Gatwick as the services i drive don't go there, but if its like Heathrow Airport, it'll be dead easy and you can't really go wrong.

At both locations there will be National Express staff who will be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    Though saying that you can probably get cheaper tickets going through London as funfare tickets aren't available for airports.

ReputationRep:
    "london" means london victoria coach station. there are plenty of coach drivers/staff around to help you get where you want to go. it's like an airport in that it can be confusing but it's alright really, if you concentrate!
    i think going through london would be far better because you get to go somewhere central with plenty of help available ifyou get stuck. also cheaper with funfares.

ReputationRep:
    Going right into town will be easier, in that help is more plentiful should you get stuck, but it will probably add heaps onto your journey.

ReputationRep:
    Should be fine. The only thing I'd worry about is the coach to London being late and missing the next one, but even then they wouldn't hold that against you and they'd just stick you on the next one. As people have said, should be cheaper going through Victoria too coz they charge you more from airports. Annoying as I live right near Heathrow but have to travel into central whenever I get the coach!

ReputationRep:
    As has been said, fares are cheaper going by London Victoria, and you can't really go too wrong there.

This is the layout map of Victoria Coach Station.

You'll arrive in (funnily enough) Arrivals.

Follow the signs over to Departures, and look at the Departure Boards, look for your Coach Number and figure out what gate it's at.

There's electronic departure boards, and destination (and calling pattern) indicators at each gate.

All signposted. No worries. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks everyone.

I've booked my tickets and will be changing at Victoria Bus Station. Hopefully all will be ok!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.