Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Yeh I got tickets and its all good Thank God you were right
    Oh.... just thinking... as you live in London would it be really bad if we could stay at yours? I know thats cheeky and I also know its ages away but it could work well and be really fun and we could have an after party
    Never doubt me *****es.

Bear in mind we're way over in South East Greater London so we're not that close. Also bear in mind that my flatmate may not appreciate several inernet people I've never met staying in our flat. Also bear in mind that I may not appreciate several internet people I've never met staying in our flat :p: But we'll see :beard:

Jehu, wanna update the first post with people going to the stadium gigs? Also, Joe Satriani FTW (you gots mah rep, hoe).

They are well going to announce a second Wembley performance. They're then well going to proceed to **** us over by playing Cave and MK Ultra at the other gig. WELL, **** YOU (in advance) MUSE! ******* **** YOU!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just bought tickets, only got home now! Waiting anxiously for the confirmation email, I hope it hasn't screwed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Never doubt me *****es.

Bear in mind we're way over in South East Greater London so we're not that close. Also bear in mind that my flatmate may not appreciate several inernet people I've never met staying in our flat. Also bear in mind that I may not appreciate several internet people I've never met staying in our flat :p: But we'll see :beard:

Jehu, wanna update the first post with people going to the stadium gigs? Also, Joe Satriani FTW (you gots mah rep, hoe).

They are well going to announce a second Wembley performance. They're then well going to proceed to **** us over by playing Cave and MK Ultra at the other gig. WELL, **** YOU (in advance) MUSE! ******* **** YOU!!
    Bear in mind I haven't got any tickets! :mad:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Never doubt me *****es.

haha ok, I won't :p:

Fair enough. I was just asking on the offchance. I'll get a hotel and you'll miss out on the fab party :p:

I really don't think they're gunna announce another wemb, so I wouldn't worry. If they do I won't be going either, Manchester and Wemb already cost a serious bomb

ReputationRep:
    Thom Yorke > Matt Bellamy? :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Thom Yorke > Matt Bellamy? :vroam:
    Now Ben, I thought you had a sound knowledge of music?!

Matt Bellamy is the most talented musician of modern times in my opinion. He's our Shakespeare/Mozart/Beethoven!

ReputationRep:
    haha ok, I won't :p:

Fair enough. I was just asking on the offchance. I'll get a hotel and you'll miss out on the fab party :p:

I really don't think they're gunna announce another wemb, so I wouldn't worry. If they do I won't be going either, Manchester and Wemb already cost a serious bomb
    Party, eh? A party sounds... Good :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Now Ben, I thought you had a sound knowledge of music?!

Matt Bellamy is the most talented musician of modern times in my opinion. He's our Shakespeare/Mozart/Beethoven!
    lol i do disagree. I've only recently started listening to Radiohead and must say because Bellamy influences a hell from Yorke. Both are great, and both have their awesome qualities. Yorke is a better vocalist though. Radiohead's instrumentation is stronger. Muse are more rocky whilst Radiohead love to experiment. Both are pinnacles of this time for rock alt music i think.

I wouldn't call Bellamy that amazing though. There are most certainly better than him. He plays piano well, guitar too and is a very good composer but i believe there are better pianists and composers and guitarists around He's a very good all round musician though and the whole band around him are as good with a brilliant bassist and a cracking drummer which is what makes MUSE so good. Must go, i've been alerted spooks is on!

ReputationRep:
    Ben talks sense :yep:

ReputationRep:
    A sexy party? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Jehu, wanna update the first post with people going to the stadium gigs? Also, Joe Satriani FTW (you gots mah rep, hoe)
    Sure, who's going? :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    Sure, who's going? :eek2:
    Me. But you don't me, I lurk :ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show
    this message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    Me. But you don't me, I lurk :ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show
    this message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds
    I know you :eek2:

Which date? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    lol i do disagree. I've only recently started listening to Radiohead and must say because Bellamy influences a hell from Yorke. Both are great, and both have their awesome qualities. Yorke is a better vocalist though. Radiohead's instrumentation is stronger. Muse are more rocky whilst Radiohead love to experiment. Both are pinnacles of this time for rock alt music i think.

I wouldn't call Bellamy that amazing though. There are most certainly better than him. He plays piano well, guitar too and is a very good composer but i believe there are better pianists and composers and guitarists around He's a very good all round musician though and the whole band around him are as good with a brilliant bassist and a cracking drummer which is what makes MUSE so good. Must go, i've been alerted spooks is on!
    Well surprisingly I'm going to disagree with you :p:

Yorke is a good vocalist but I think Matt is better. He has such a vocal range, with most vocalists these days they can only sing a certain way. But Matt's shown that he is a brilliant vocalist; you get beautiful vocals in Unintended, Soldier's poem, then those great rasping vocals from Space Dementia, Micro Cuts and in Citizen Erased you have Mr. Bellamy at his best. I'm not saying Yorke isn't good, he is. But I much rather listen to Matt.

Yes there is better pianists and composers than Matt, but are they part of a rock band? And I really really think they aren't many better guitarists better than Matt, and that's ever! Hendrix and Jimmy Page yes, and maybe slash from GnR, Kirk Hammett, and a few others.

All this added to his live performances, the Hullaballo version of space dementia, I haven't seen many better live performances. I think there's no doubt that on stage, Matt is more mesmerising.

And to finish, you said 'Muse are more rocky whilst Radiohead love to experiment'. This implies Muse don't experiment? :confused:. I mean this is one of the things Muse get criticised for. The first three albums are similar, The Resistance is totally different with them combining rock and classical influences. Exogenesis!!! That isn't experimenting?! And don't forget BHAR, it has everything: electric tone and a low bass notes, synth cords, glam rock instrumentals, acoustic ballads, mainstream prog, dance rock...

Thom Yorke is good but as you can see I clearly hold Matt in higher regard. And to finish, Radiohead were an influence just like Queen were an influence. Radiohead didn't significantly shape their style, I say only Showbiz is similar to a Radiohead sound.

ReputationRep:
    Ben talks sense :yep:
    You think Yorke > Matt?!?!?!?!

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    You think Yorke > Matt?!?!?!?!

:eek3:
    Did you see Radiohead at Reading this year? They were phenomenal. That will probably stand as the best show I've seen for a long, long time.

Don't get me wrong though, MUSE are ace and it's MB not TY makes me frequently consider buying a guitar starter pack (and you've seen who dominates my YouTube channel piano-wise :p:), but as an act you can't instantly dismiss Radiohead as being vastly inferior to anyone.

Personally I don't think MUSE will ever surpass the brilliance of The Bends or OK Computer.

Also, with the whol experiemnting thing, I'll eat my hat if they produce anything as different as (and as good as) Kid A. Kid A is absolute genius. No MUSE album comes anywhere near that level of genius. Fact.

BUT this argument is irrelevent because they're so friggin' different. Why why WHY do people keep bringing this up!?

ReputationRep:
    Did you see Radiohead at Reading this year? They were phenomenal. That will probably stand as the best show I've seen for a long, long time.

Don't get me wrong though, MUSE are ace and it's MB not TY makes me frequently consider buying a guitar starter pack (and you've seen who dominates my YouTube channel piano-wise :p:), but as an act you can't instantly dismiss Radiohead as being vastly inferior to anyone.

Personally I don't think MUSE will ever surpass the brilliance of The Bends or OK Computer.

Also, with the whol experiemnting thing, I'll eat my hat if they produce anything as different as (and as good as) Kid A. Kid A is absolute genius. No MUSE album comes anywhere near that level of genius. Fact.

BUT this argument is irrelevent because they're so friggin' different. Why why WHY do people keep bringing this up!?
    I didn't know you had a youtube channel, you'll have to direct me to it.

So you say Matt is a better guitarist and pianist, who do you prefer overall? And I didn't say Radiohead are 'vastly inferior' to anyone and I never will. It all comes down to personal preference and interpretation, and I prefer Muse to Radiohead and MB to TY. But I won't be arrogant enough to directly say 'Muse are better than Radiohead and Matt is better than Thom', just that I prefer Muse and MB.

Kid A was a brilliant album, sure it lost them some of their original fans but it was a remarkable piece of work. One of the very best albums of the decade. But if I added all of the Muse and Radiohead albums, I think my personal favourite album will be Origin of Symmetry.

Reading was a splendid performance, but if I had money to see only one of them live it'll be Muse. Matt is a god on stage and I think the Wembley gig next year will be seen as one of the best live performances (I must find a way to get tickets!).

EDIT: I do agree that they are different bands and so comparing them is a difficult task. I've actually refrained from that old Muse v Radiohead debate (my post history will prove this!). But Ben got me going and I love a debate! Someone had to stick up for Matt!

ReputationRep:
    Love Muse, Radiohead annoy me. Personal taste end of arguement.
    I tried to think of a new topic but failed

ReputationRep:
    Thom's voice is better than Matt's, the song writing ability is debateable, but Matt is obv better technically at guitar and piano.

Anyway have seetickets really improved their site with the queueing system and other changes? or does noone want these wembley tickets :p:

ReputationRep:
    has anyone used seetickets.com for tickets before? I've read some bad reviews about it so I'm not sure...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.