Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    I know you :eek2:

Which date? :mmm:
    :p: You do?
    Wemberleeeyyyy :awesome:

Dan?- They were perfectly fine with my o2 tickets :dontknow: apart from the pretty obscene booking charges, that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan?)
    has anyone used seetickets.com for tickets before? I've read some bad reviews about it so I'm not sure...
    Been to many, many gigs, and the only trouble i've had with seetickets, which was not really their fault, was when the royal mail (*****) lost my tickets, and the woman on the phone was very helpful and shouted at them on my behalf until they managed to find them the DAY of the gig and deliver them to me just in time. Well also i guess there have been some minor hiccups in trying to buy tickets, sometimes it seems to be pot luck as to if you get through.

ReputationRep:
    Under 12 hours until I could have Muse tickets for Wembley!!! :woo:
    I have such an incredible best friend! He's getting them for me (us) for my 18th which isn't until March! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Well surprisingly I'm going to disagree with you :p:

Yorke is a good vocalist but I think Matt is better. He has such a vocal range, with most vocalists these days they can only sing a certain way. But Matt's shown that he is a brilliant vocalist; you get beautiful vocals in Unintended, Soldier's poem, then those great rasping vocals from Space Dementia, Micro Cuts and in Citizen Erased you have Mr. Bellamy at his best. I'm not saying Yorke isn't good, he is. But I much rather listen to Matt.

Yes there is better pianists and composers than Matt, but are they part of a rock band? And I really really think they aren't many better guitarists better than Matt, and that's ever! Hendrix and Jimmy Page yes, and maybe slash from GnR, Kirk Hammett, and a few others.

All this added to his live performances, the Hullaballo version of space dementia, I haven't seen many better live performances. I think there's no doubt that on stage, Matt is more mesmerising.

And to finish, you said 'Muse are more rocky whilst Radiohead love to experiment'. This implies Muse don't experiment? :confused:. I mean this is one of the things Muse get criticised for. The first three albums are similar, The Resistance is totally different with them combining rock and classical influences. Exogenesis!!! That isn't experimenting?! And don't forget BHAR, it has everything: electric tone and a low bass notes, synth cords, glam rock instrumentals, acoustic ballads, mainstream prog, dance rock...

Thom Yorke is good but as you can see I clearly hold Matt in higher regard. And to finish, Radiohead were an influence just like Queen were an influence. Radiohead didn't significantly shape their style, I say only Showbiz is similar to a Radiohead sound.
    Nah Yorke is a better vocalist. Not saying Muse don't experiment but listen to Kid A and tell me that album isn't much more experimentalist than Muse have ever done.

I didn't really mean to start an argument at who is better, both are very different as JohhnySPal pointed out quite rightly but more comparing the vocals of Yorke and Bellamy who are unquestionably similar. Consistency wise Radiohead win there. In Rainbows is fantastic, over 10 years after their first arguable masterpiece with The Bends. I do think The Resistance wasn't particularly strong and neither was BHAR overall. Still are great albums i think don't get me wrong but Absolution and OOS were their best works. I hope Muse can get back on track with their next album!

museobsessed, i used to be annoyed and dislike Radiohead, give them a chance, they are bloody brilliant and worth listening to and if you like Showbiz i'm use there is definitely a part of you that will like some Radiohead at least. I've been hooked on the song Reckoner, utterly fantastic. Kid A i can quickly see myself loving too, sounds fantastic second listen. See, i'm only getting into them but loving it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    museobsessed, i used to be annoyed and dislike Radiohead, give them a chance, they are bloody brilliant and worth listening to and if you like Showbiz i'm use there is definitely a part of you that will like some Radiohead at least. I've been hooked on the song Reckoner, utterly fantastic. Kid A i can quickly see myself loving too, sounds fantastic second listen. See, i'm only getting into them but loving it!
    Ohh Thanks for the sensible response.
    Humm. I'll grant that I havn't heard much of Radiohead. I got OK Computer as I know how many people love that album, but it was all so slow and whiney and I got disinterested. I do like No Surprises (:love: the tinkly bits haha)

I am actually giving Kid A a chance on spotify now just to prove how willing I am

ReputationRep:
    That's one of those albums that take a bit of getting used to lol. Songs like Jigsaw Falling Into Place are good starts i think.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting from the beginning. everything in its right place is good, and has the potential to grow on me even more with more listens

ReputationRep:
    cool cool, yep that's a good song!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the seetickets number? I can't find it and site isn't working for me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Nah Yorke is a better vocalist. Not saying Muse don't experiment but listen to Kid A and tell me that album isn't much more experimentalist than Muse have ever done.

I didn't really mean to start an argument at who is better, both are very different as JohhnySPal pointed out quite rightly but more comparing the vocals of Yorke and Bellamy who are unquestionably similar. Consistency wise Radiohead win there. In Rainbows is fantastic, over 10 years after their first arguable masterpiece with The Bends. I do think The Resistance wasn't particularly strong and neither was BHAR overall. Still are great albums i think don't get me wrong but Absolution and OOS were their best works. I hope Muse can get back on track with their next album!

I agree with just about everything you said. The only thing I will say is that MB is a much better vocalist live. There were one or two points where I wanted to cringe at Reading (I'm looking at you, Creep. Oh my GOD I can actually say I've seen Creep live ).

I do think Muse have dropped off the boil a little bit. However, you have to remember that (excluding Pablo Honey) albums five (HttT) and six (A) are arguably Radiohead's worst efforts (which is saying something), but they then came back with the immense, amazing, wonderful In Rainbows. Muse are on their fifth album. Catch my drift?

Phoebs, I wouldn't try starting with Kid A tbh, it splits the fans enough, let alone newcomers. The Bends is the best place to start, that's not too depressing. I believe there are a load of full-length concerts on YouTube, such as Glastonbury 2003 which is sublime; I'd try watching those if you have an hour or so free

Apparently I can't rep you until tomorrow Benjamin sir. Do you purposely collect neg or will a simple pos suffice?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much the Wembley tickets are and are the only available through seetickets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    Does anyone know how much the Wembley tickets are and are the only available through seetickets?
    They'll be available through loads of places, not just SeeTickets.

Here's a link to the pre-sale, which will list all the prices for various tickets. There's only Level 5 seated left so you may want to hold out for the general sale tomorrow morning, but it gives a good indication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    They'll be available through loads of places, not just SeeTickets.

Here's a link to the pre-sale, which will list all the prices for various tickets. There's only Level 5 seated left so you may want to hold out for the general sale tomorrow morning, but it gives a good indication
    Cool, thanks. Yeah it's got to be standing. Hopefully I'll get some.

ReputationRep:
    I have tickets https://www.seetickets.com/1seez/ord...=2&filler1=see

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, they sold out in like 2 minutes. Couldn't get any from SeeTickets. Any other links?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gigantic.com/gigantic/home_muse.html

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Muse-t...ket_brand=home

http://www.aloud.com/tickets/muse

try these? good luck

ReputationRep:
    All gone!

I've headed over to the Muse forum. Maybe I'll get incredibly lucky later. Oh well, I've seen them at Wembley before buy was hoping to take my bro.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Phew I got some, level 5 seating but my god they are selling fast.

ReputationRep:
    There's a new date - the 10TH

ReputationRep:
    why did they add a new date :s
    Anyway I got mine on wednesday so

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.