Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    why did they add a new date :s
    Anyway I got mine on wednesday so
    Just after all the standing ones for the 11th sold out, so around 9.20ish. Was a massive relief when I saw them. I think it's quite good as if they'd announced both dates together, those that were successful for the 11th may also have bought tickets for the 10th whereas now more fans will be able to go. There's rumours of another gig on the Sunday as well.

ReputationRep:
    seriously? another date? omg. I'm not getting tickets to that though

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if there are different types of tickets for the lancashire cricket club venue or is it all-standing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan?)
    does anyone know if there are different types of tickets for the lancashire cricket club venue or is it all-standing?
    I pretty sure it's all standing. (I may be wrong though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan?)
    The tickets are general admission but when i've been before, you could choose to sit or stand. Bearing in mind though, the seats are really far away from the stage so you'd probably be better off standing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    I agree with just about everything you said. The only thing I will say is that MB is a much better vocalist live. There were one or two points where I wanted to cringe at Reading (I'm looking at you, Creep. Oh my GOD I can actually say I've seen Creep live ).

I do think Muse have dropped off the boil a little bit. However, you have to remember that (excluding Pablo Honey) albums five (HttT) and six (A) are arguably Radiohead's worst efforts (which is saying something), but they then came back with the immense, amazing, wonderful In Rainbows. Muse are on their fifth album. Catch my drift?

Phoebs, I wouldn't try starting with Kid A tbh, it splits the fans enough, let alone newcomers. The Bends is the best place to start, that's not too depressing. I believe there are a load of full-length concerts on YouTube, such as Glastonbury 2003 which is sublime; I'd try watching those if you have an hour or so free

Apparently I can't rep you until tomorrow Benjamin sir. Do you purposely collect neg or will a simple pos suffice?
    I know someone who says HttT is maybe their best album and that person is a big Radiohead fan! And wow, they play Creep live. That is lolz, it's nothing like any of their other material and is like any other song by a band though not a bad one but just nothing compared to their other material! Muse can come back to make better efforts i'm confident of that. I just think The Resistance was a bit wayward. A great album nonetheless but was a bit wayward in it's theme and with Exogenesis (the high point) at the end. Are Radiohead/Muse doing any festivals you know of next year? Oh, and no i don't willingly colect neg rep, though when i get pos rep it's usually from people with no power whilst my neg seems to come from the high powered people lol. Its only rep at the end of the time, if you want to pos me though then go for it. It's nice to see positive comments on this page rather than negative ones i guess lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    I know someone who says HttT is maybe their best album and that person is a big Radiohead fan! And wow, they play Creep live. That is lolz, it's nothing like any of their other material and is like any other song by a band though not a bad one but just nothing compared to their other material! Muse can come back to make better efforts i'm confident of that. I just think The Resistance was a bit wayward. A great album nonetheless but was a bit wayward in it's theme and with Exogenesis (the high point) at the end. Are Radiohead/Muse doing any festivals you know of next year? Oh, and no i don't willingly colect neg rep, though when i get pos rep it's usually from people with no power whilst my neg seems to come from the high powered people lol. Its only rep at the end of the time, if you want to pos me though then go for it. It's nice to see positive comments on this page rather than negative ones i guess lol
    I'm curious as to why you think the resistance isn't that good. I'll grant you that BHAR is lackluste but I am really enjoying the resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I'm curious as to why you think the resistance isn't that good. I'll grant you that BHAR is lackluste but I am really enjoying the resistance
    It's a really good album as i said but it feel disjointed to me more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    Humm I see what you mean, it doesn't have a consistant flow.. but that doesn't bother me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    It's a really good album as i said but it feel disjointed to me more than anything.
    This x100.

BHaR is right up there with OoS and Absolution. Fact. **** you guys :mfing:

Oh, and RE: The extra date. **** you Muse, **** you. Not happy with them atm tbh. I sorta feel cheated. Sure I have my tickets and all is gravy, but fans clambering for crappy level five tickets must be so, so pissed off given they could have avoided the stress and got standing.

My friend Dave told me they started the sale five minutes early, like with their last general sale. So maybe that's why they sold out in two minutes. Again, **** you Muse, that's proper dirty tactics that is. It annoyed me immensely when I fell foul of that trap last time.

(Random) Today at work we had a Britain's Got Talent-type thing, and some guys on our floor formed a band. Really, really made me want to take the guitar up; like, the urge is stronger than ever to pick up a starter kit. Anyone got any guitar-related tips or anything? Like, good starter kits or good tutorial websites or good songs to start with? (Imagine being able to play New Born :coma:)

ReputationRep:
    I want Muse tickets :puppyeyes:

New Born is pretty simple to teach yourself actually. Once you know the chords which are like Em and B, it's pretty easy. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    This x100.

Oh, and RE: The extra date. **** you Muse, **** you. Not happy with them atm tbh. I sorta feel cheated. Sure I have my tickets and all is gravy, but fans clambering for crappy level five tickets must be so, so pissed off given they could have avoided the stress and got standing.

My friend Dave told me they started the sale five minutes early, like with their last general sale. So maybe that's why they sold out in two minutes. Again, **** you Muse, that's proper dirty tactics that is. It annoyed me immensely when I fell foul of that trap last time.

(Random) Today at work we had a Britain's Got Talent-type thing, and some guys on our floor formed a band. Really, really made me want to take the guitar up; like, the urge is stronger than ever to pick up a starter kit. Anyone got any guitar-related tips or anything? Like, good starter kits or good tutorial websites or good songs to start with? (Imagine being able to play New Born :coma:)
    I really wish i could play the guitar well too. Robin Trower, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton. I aspire to their greatness! But i don't have the self discipline sadly despite having a really good guitar and decent amp. http://www.justinguitar.com/ is a great site to start with though!

ReputationRep:
    This x100.

Actually, when I got my Yamaha Pacifica starter kit, the self-learning book had, on the last page, a simplified version of the New Born riff. It was obviously wrong, because it was in standard tuning. But still, it was a good start.

ReputationRep:
    My acoustic guitar should be coming next week!!!!

I can then join Muse as a guitarist, lessen the workload on Matt.

I wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Actually, when I got my Yamaha Pacifica starter kit, the self-learning book had, on the last page, a simplified version of the New Born riff. It was obviously wrong, because it was in standard tuning. But still, it was a good start.
    Did you get something like this?

I'm hearing many good things about the Yamaha Pacifica. Can you recommend it? What's with the comments, about the guitar actually being made out of inferior material? Should I go for the 112 which is apparently better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    The tickets are general admission but when i've been before, you could choose to sit or stand. Bearing in mind though, the seats are really far away from the stage so you'd probably be better off standing
    yeah I wanted standing, just wanted to make sure that I didn't have different tickets to my friends

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to learn the piano, I know i'll never be able to get the hang of the guitar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I'd love to learn the piano, I know i'll never be able to get the hang of the guitar
    Matt has inspired me to learn the guitar and piano. I think guitar is tougher to master, it's the sort of thing you have to do from a young age I think. My first ever guitar should be coming next week and I'm 19!

I have tickets. :sexface: (Wembley - Saturday).

Yeah, I decided to learn keyboard instead of piano....much easier..:p:
    And T Kay - I started teaching myself guitar earlier this summer (I'm 17) - you'll pick it up quickly enough! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any advice for buying tickets off Ebay? :puppyeyes: :beard:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.