Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Anyone got any advice for buying tickets off Ebay? :puppyeyes: :beard:
    Which gig are you buying them for?

If it's for the Wembley one, there's still tickets available for the 10th and if you want some for the 11th, there are places which you should be able to get them at face value. The Muse forum has a thread where people sell unwanted tickets are the normal price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Did you get something like this?

I'm hearing many good things about the Yamaha Pacifica. Can you recommend it? What's with the comments, about the guitar actually being made out of inferior material? Should I go for the 112 which is apparently better?
    Yeah, that's the one.

It's a decent guitar. Everytime I took it into a shop, whoever served me would usually comment on how it's a nice instrument.

And, according to wiki, Bells uses a Pacifica.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    Which gig are you buying them for?

If it's for the Wembley one, there's still tickets available for the 10th and if you want some for the 11th, there are places which you should be able to get them at face value. The Muse forum has a thread where people sell unwanted tickets are the normal price.
    I want them for the Sat. :beard: I will check that out, thank you. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    I have tickets. :sexface: (Wembley - Saturday).

Yeah, I decided to learn keyboard instead of piano....much easier..:p:
    And T Kay - I started teaching myself guitar earlier this summer (I'm 17) - you'll pick it up quickly enough! :p:
    What level are your seats? :teeth:

My friend said that she got 3/4 level 2 seats and she'd give one to me as a birthday present.

In my experience, there's not much difference from keyboard and piano... playing-wise that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Anyone got any advice for buying tickets off Ebay? :puppyeyes: :beard:
    Don't do it... basically... too many scammers.

(Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    What level are your seats? :teeth:

My friend said that she got 3/4 level 2 seats and she'd give one to me as a birthday present.

In my experience, there's not much difference from keyboard and piano...
    Well, I didn't the book them...so..:s: But, my friend said they're level one..but, he got them for £65, so that'd suggest level two to me, either way, I'll be happy to be there.

Nah, not much, though the keys are easier to press down on keyboard, and you generally do less with your left hand (if you use all the backing stuff as I do). :rolleyes:

Edit: Natster, try and get them for the Saturday! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I didn't the book them...so..:s: But, my friend said they're level one..but, he got them for £65, so that'd suggest level two to me, either way, I'll be happy to be there.

Nah, not much, though the keys are easier to press down on keyboard, and you generally do less with your left hand (if you use all the backing stuff as I do). :rolleyes:

Edit: Natster, try and get them for the Saturday! :teeth:
    Of course. As long as you can see Bellamy and listen to the band, that's all that matters. :awesome:

Depends if the keys are weighted. :yes: I prefer weighted keys on keyboards tbh. Gives it a better feeling. And as to left hand, surely that depends on the song you're playing. :tongue: Or are there songs specifically related to the keyboard?

EDIT: Yes Natty, take CS's advice. Gigs are always better on the weekend.

Of course. As long as you can see Bellamy and listen to the band, that's all that matters. :awesome:

Depends if the keys are weighted. :yes: I prefer weighted keys on keyboards tbh. Gives it a better feeling. And as to left hand, surely that depends on the song you're playing. :tongue: Or are there songs specifically related to the keyboard?
    :yes:

Yeah, that's fair enough, given enough time, I'd probably prefer weighted keys, I've just never been given enough time with them!
    Should've been clearer. Yeah, songs can be played for keyboard. So you'd do chords and such with your left hand and they'll change at the start of each bar or in the middle or whatnot, much like a normal song. :p: Your right hand is doing all the work and often follows notation that lyrics could follow as opposed to a melody (as done on a piano). Whatever the case, your left hand doesn't do much.
    All that though is if you're playing with an accompaniment backing track thing as of course you play the keyboard as a normal piano, just without the keys.

Basically....I'm a cheater.. I'll learn how to play proper melodies and hopefully the piano and all that jazz when I'm a little older though.

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

Yeah, that's fair enough, given enough time, I'd probably prefer weighted keys, I've just never been given enough time with them!
    Should've been clearer. Yeah, songs can be played for keyboard. So you'd do chords and such with your left hand and they'll change at the start of each bar or in the middle or whatnot, much like a normal song. :p: Your right hand is doing all the work and often follows notation that lyrics could follow as opposed to a melody (as done on a piano). Whatever the case, your left hand doesn't do much.
    All that though is if you're playing with an accompaniment backing track thing as of course you play the keyboard as a normal piano, just without the keys.

Basically....I'm a cheater.. I'll learn how to play proper melodies and hopefully the piano and all that jazz when I'm a little older though.
    Jazz. :coma:

Jazz. :coma:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:
    :blush:

ReputationRep:
    I have tickets. :sexface: (Wembley - Saturday).

Yeah, I decided to learn keyboard instead of piano....much easier..:p:
    And T Kay - I started teaching myself guitar earlier this summer (I'm 17) - you'll pick it up quickly enough! :p:
    I'll know who to come to when I want advice :ninja:

(Original post by T kay)
    I'll know who to come to when I want advice :ninja:
    Not for guitar.. The guys in the Guitar Soc are just...not human really, well in my eyes I'm still a noob. :p: Definitely use ultimateguitar.com It's the best site you'll ever use. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Not for guitar.. The guys in the Guitar Soc are just...not human really, well in my eyes I'm still a noob. :p: Definitely use ultimateguitar.com It's the best site you'll ever use. :ninja:
    I'll check the guitar soc out. I have an acoustic guitar coming next week, an amp is also coming with it and a CD which I imagine goes through the basics. I've never even touched a guitar in my life so I'm excited, I'm on a gap year so I should have enough time to practice!

I may buy a keyboard some time next year so I'm coming to you about that too! :p:

(Original post by T kay)
    I'll check the guitar soc out. I have an acoustic guitar coming next week, an amp is also coming with it and a CD which I imagine goes through the basics. I've never even touched a guitar in my life so I'm excited, I'm on a gap year so I should have enough time to practice!

I may buy a keyboard some time next year so I'm coming to you about that too! :p:
    I own an acoustic also, though I've relied on friends/the internet to teach me! Once you feel at ease with holding one, I'll happily tell you probably one of the easiest riffs to play...(Smoke on the Water).
    Lots of time to practise!

:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    I own an acoustic also, though I've relied on friends/the internet to teach me! Once you feel at ease with holding one, I'll happily tell you probably one of the easiest riffs to play...(Smoke on the Water).
    Lots of time to practise!

:hat2:
    I'll tell you one riff I'd like to play. I'll never be able to but a man can dream right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3blG...eature=related

:eek:

(Original post by T kay)
    I'll tell you one riff I'd like to play. I'll never be able to but a man can dream right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3blG...eature=related

:eek:
    :coma: One day, you'll be able to, especially if these folks can. Not straight away, but with lots of practise..definitely.

It'd sound interesting on acoustic also. :rolleyes: I'll probably buy an electric in a few years also..

ReputationRep:
    I was, like, :coma: last night watching someone play Hotel California on a Yamaha Pacifica.

Anyone got recommendations for a good, but not too expensive amp? I wanna avoid starter packs because I'm guessing components (such as the amp) will be *****. I'd rather buy a bit more expensive than buy crap twice. Thing is, being in a first floor flat I'll probably have headphones in it most of the time anyway. I dunno if that influences recommendations, but I'll mention it anyways. Annoying, but myeh; I'm sure I'll find a way to blast tunes out if/when I get good :perv:

I bought Rock Band drums and they didn't even last the weekend before we got complaints damnit. DIdbn't even get to try Hysteria :fuhrer:

(Original post by JohnnySPal)
    I was, like, :coma: last night watching someone play Hotel California on a Yamaha Pacifica.

Anyone got recommendations for a good, but not too expensive amp? I wanna avoid starter packs because I'm guessing components (such as the amp) will be *****. I'd rather buy a bit more expensive than buy crap twice. Thing is, being in a first floor flat I'll probably have headphones in it most of the time anyway. I dunno if that influences recommendations, but I'll mention it anyways. Annoying, but myeh; I'm sure I'll find a way to blast tunes out if/when I get good :perv:

I bought Rock Band drums and they didn't even last the weekend before we got complaints damnit. DIdbn't even get to try Hysteria :fuhrer:
    I'm not up to scratch with amps, seeing as I don't use one, but I'd agree with you and say don't buy a starter amp. You certainly don't need anything huge either, you can get them a good size and a good quality. As I say, I'm not sure, but I don't using headphones will be a major deal as it'll reduce the quality with whatever amp. Have a good scout around, see what's in your price range then try and compare them. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Agreed on the website front :yep:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.