Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Nah, muse arn't moody in real life. Have you seen the silly stuff they get up to? its all over twitter and the dvds. no bunch of people who are that stupid could be moody. they have a healthy sense of humour but I don't think they like interviews and they've been off and on talk shows all over the world promoting the resistance for a while now.
    I'm going to watch Jonathan Ross on iplayer later.
    Anyone want to come to the Milan gig with me? I'll talk the Italian :flowers:
    Yeah, you raise valid points. My faith in the band are restored. I still want to abide by the "don't meet your idols you'll only ever be disappointed" mantra though. Obviously I type that making the assumption that I'll ever even get the chance :p:

An interesting fact about JohnnySPal: I've been to Milan, but never ventured outside of the rail station. It was bloody hot :eek3:

Also my Wembley ticket came:

:yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Yeah, you raise valid points. My faith in the band are restored. I still want to abide by the "don't meet your idols you'll only ever be disappointed" mantra though. Like I'll ever even get the chance though :p:

An interesting fact about JohnnySPal: I've been to Milan, but never ventured outside of the rail station. It was bloody hot :eek3:

Also my Wembley ticket came:

:yeah:
    thanks I would meet them but i'd be more worried about being an utter idiot myself rather than that they would dissapoint.
    Oh, well come with me (though the veins of history) to the stadium. it would be awesome!! you know it. June may be quite hot yes

lol. loving the picture, but you missed out on a great joke :p: (Din style)

ReputationRep:
    Warning: Contains bad language, hilarity, and Wossy.

ReputationRep:
    thanks I would meet them but i'd be more worried about being an utter idiot myself rather than that they would dissapoint.
    Oh, well come with me (though the veins of history) to the stadium. it would be awesome!! you know it. June may be quite hot yes

lol. loving the picture, but you missed out on a great joke :p: (Din style)
    What, it came out of his **** or summit?

Admittedly it would be awesome. I really like Italy from what I've seen. Well, not Venice so much because it's a reight tourist-filled dump (though Murano, Torcell) et al) are wonderous), but the rest of it gets a big thumbs up from me. Rome is immense! It would be going a bit far though, even for someone who partly went to Dublin just to see a tour date :p:

I think temptation would overcome me if I had teh chance ot meet the boys, unfortunately.

Undisclosed Desires on XFM (London) as I type. I love Chris' backing vocals towards the end of the track :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Massive dilemma guys!!

My mum wants The Resistance for Christmas. Well, she told me, if I couldn't afford anything, to just burn her a copy. But I'm not my dad, so I'm not that ******* tight.

But, I got my copy when it was released, hence, I didn't have a lot of money to spare, meaning I got the normal version for around £7. So, I'm obviously going to give my mum a proper copy, but do I buy her a brand new one, or buy myself the special edition, and give her the one I have now (which has only been used about twice) :p:

ReputationRep:
    What, it came out of his **** or summit?

Admittedly it would be awesome. I really like Italy from what I've seen. Well, not Venice so much because it's a reight tourist-filled dump (though Murano, Torcell) et al) are wonderous), but the rest of it gets a big thumbs up from me. Rome is immense! It would be going a bit far though, even for someone who partly went to Dublin just to see a tour date :p:

I think temptation would overcome me if I had teh chance ot meet the boys, unfortunately.

Undisclosed Desires on XFM (London) as I type. I love Chris' backing vocals towards the end of the track :yep:
    I was going for the more immature "came" pun. you could have added ejaculation there somewhere. maybe
    Yeh when I went to Venice it was English and French half term. I've never seen anywhere more packed in my life. It completely spoilt it for me so i'd love to go back when its less busy and see it properly. Rome is actually immense I agree, I'm half tempted to go and live there after I graduate. Its not too far! Milan is cool, and its got cheap flights to it.
    He he yeh temptation. I'm currently ignoring the youtube vid that Dins just put up cuz I havn't seen Wossy yet and I don't want spoilers :p:
    Undisclosed desires is :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I was going for the more immature "came" pun. you could have added ejaculation there somewhere. maybe
    Yeh when I went to Venice it was English and French half term. I've never seen anywhere more packed in my life. It completely spoilt it for me so i'd love to go back when its less busy and see it properly. Rome is actually immense I agree, I'm half tempted to go and live there after I graduate. Its not too far! Milan is cool, and its got cheap flights to it.
    He he yeh temptation. I'm currently ignoring the youtube vid that Dins just put up cuz I havn't seen Wossy yet and I don't want spoilers :p:
    The video was on Top Gear (I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Massive dilemma guys!!

My mum wants The Resistance for Christmas. Well, she told me, if I couldn't afford anything, to just burn her a copy. But I'm not my dad, so I'm not that ******* tight.

But, I got my copy when it was released, hence, I didn't have a lot of money to spare, meaning I got the normal version for around £7. So, I'm obviously going to give my mum a proper copy, but do I buy her a brand new one, or buy myself the special edition, and give her the one I have now (which has only been used about twice) :p:
    yes. get the special edition one for yourself and give her your one (especially seeing as its only been used twice). She won't want the DVD extras and stuff.
    yes its mean, but its practical

ReputationRep:
    The video was on Top Gear.
    wtf? Matt was on top gear? when????

ReputationRep:
    wtf? Matt was on top gear? when????
    Dunno. I've not seen any of the ones from this season. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was on Wossy. Just not this week's. The race was between Bells, Jezzer, Wossy, Laurence "Morpheus" Fishburne, and Peter Kay.

[EDIT]No, my bad, it was on Wossy.

ReputationRep:
    If you go back to Venice make sure you get the Vaperetto lots and go off to the far flung edges. Like I say, Murano and Torcello (and others that I can't remember the names of) are stunning places to visit, especially when it's super sunny and hot. Torcello features a throne used by Attila the Hun :yep:

I remember we went out one evening after a several hour train journey from Zurich (I think) (that incidentally required the connection in Milan), to find bloody common as muck English families around us. Wasn't pleasant. The food was also complete ***** compared to everywhere else we visited in Italy, presumably watered down for the English swines what wanted their bolognese.

Italy. Yum. Where would you recommend to visit, assuming you got 'round lots?

Din, the DVD is actually pretty good IMO so I'd at least try and get a version that contains it. You are expending extra money for her sake so, ya know, you are giving her something...

ReputationRep:
    If you go back to Venice make sure you get the Vaperetto lots and go off to the far flung edges. Like I say, Murano and Torcello (and others that I can't remember the names of) are stunning places to visit, especially when it's super sunny and hot. Torcello features a throne used by Attila the Hun :yep:

I remember we went out one evening after a several hour train journey from Zurich (I think) (that incidentally required the connection in Milan), to find bloody common as muck English families around us. Wasn't pleasant. The food was also complete ***** compared to everywhere else we visited in Italy, presumably watered down for the English swines what wanted their bolognese.

Italy. Yum. Where would you recommend to visit, assuming you got 'round lots?

Din, the DVD is actually pretty good IMO so I'd at least try and get a version that contains it. You are expending extra money for her sake so, ya know, you are giving her something...
    cool. good tips

Yeh, don't ever get food in Italy from tourist bits. I had a very bed spag bol in Rome just because it seemed like a good deal, but it was by far the worst food I had in Italy. It really does pay to move a few streets further away and get to a more Italian place.

I loved teh history, so I had a great time at Pompeii and Herculaneum but be careful, Naples is dodgy after dark. We got mugged at knife point, very scary. Rome I loved to bits. Bologna I now know very well and its great Ravenna has the most amazing churches with mosaics that I have ever seen. I should have traveled more really. I didn't see Tuscany (my fmaily have friends who live there so I have been around there just not on my own) or the south of Italy but from my short Naples experience i'd be more prepared next time :p:

ReputationRep:
    I loved teh history, so I had a great time at Pompeii and Herculaneum but be careful, Naples is dodgy after dark. We got mugged at knife point, very scary. Rome I loved to bits. Bologna I now know very well and its great Ravenna has the most amazing churches with mosaics that I have ever seen. I should have traveled more really. I didn't see Tuscany (my fmaily have friends who live there so I have been around there just not on my own) or the south of Italy but from my short Naples experience i'd be more prepared next time :p:
    I've been to Tuscany :yeah:

... Pisa is in Tuscany, right? :angel:

ReputationRep:
    yup
    and Firenze (Florence)

ReputationRep:

If I get a guitar, how long until I can do this? :puppyeyes:

Good luck. :awesome:

Nah, I jest, it could be done, with lots of practise and a couple of years tops. Others may disagre with me. :emo:

ReputationRep:

If I get a guitar, how long until I can do this? :puppyeyes:
    p.s. nice avvy :king1:

ReputationRep:
    Sugar :dancing: where have you been? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    p.s. nice avvy :king1:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    Dammit, she escaped from my basement!! I thought I'd made the knots in the rope tight enough!!

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, she escaped from my basement!! I thought I'd made the knots in the rope tight enough!!
    :hmmm: that's the last time I trust anyone who offers me free sweets if I get in their car.

(Original post by Jehuty^)
    Hiding from TSR to avoid UCAS stress.. and the two weeks I was ill too.

i'm back now :proud:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.