Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    poor you :hugs: i got rejected and it hurt alot, so i feel for you
    Muse is always the best cure for anything
    Yup Muse is good form of therapy :yep:

I was over it but then they emailed me to say how close I was and I was a whisker away from getting an interview. It would have been a good experience, I could have acted posh for a couple of days :holmes:

Viva la Muse!

I felt like saying that. Viva la Muse!! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Oxbridge smell. I got an offer from Cambridge and still didn't get in. Doesn't matter though, I still ended up in a brilliant position. Best thing that happened to me, being too lazy to bother with STEP papers :p:
    Too right, Oxbridge and their damn entrance exams! I needed one more measly point in the bmat to get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for rep JSP

I'm not too down. I'm not one of those 'oh my god I didn't get into Oxford, my life is over! :cry:'

Maybe it's a small consolation that I was soo close. I'm a medicine applicant so I'll do it at any uni really.

I have also found this a good form of rage release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9g2YbanEkE

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Warwick last year, *******s left me hanging until March -_-
    All because I was predicted 37 and not 38 even though they ask for 36-38... they might as well just put 38 if they're not going to accept anyone with less.

Not bitter though XD
    Applying this year so I get another shot at the whole YAY/NAY stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Muse have really given me the gig bug again

Anyone know any good bands what're touring soon, and who have tickets on sale? Them Crooked Vultures and Florence and the Machine have sold out which disappoints me greatly, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs were at Brixton last night

Check out the gigsandtours website or Livenation or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Check out the gigsandtours website or Livenation or something!
    I just have fagtard. That's how I knew about TCV, FatM and YYYs :mfing:

:p:

...:getmecoat:

Then I am of no further help...:emo:

ReputationRep:
    thats the annoying thing about gigs, how they have to be planned in advance. Means you have to wait months when you want a gig right now!

ReputationRep:
    Was it that YYY's gig where they were planning to play their first album only? Or was that just a random piece of info i saw ages ago?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any good bands what're touring soon, and who have tickets on sale? Them Crooked Vultures and Florence and the Machine have sold out which disappoints me greatly, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs were at Brixton last night
    Well, I know I'm going to a gig on Saturday...Wednesday13 are playing and, although I have never listened to them, and couldn't advocate it either, I'm going just for the support act, Bullets and Octane, who I've seen perform twice; The first time, when they were supporting Avenged Sevenfold, and then a second time when they were headlining their own tour in 2006. If they're going your way soon, it might be worth a look if you like what you hear on their Myspace.

ReputationRep:
    There are still Milan standing tickets. I checked again last night

ReputationRep:
    There are still Milan standing tickets. I checked again last night
    Go reel some of 'em in sweetums :reel:

Avenged Sevenfold :love:

ReputationRep:
    I lack money and company. Very tempted though

ReputationRep:
    Go reel some of 'em in sweetums :reel:

Avenged Sevenfold :love:
    You womanising ******* :dry:

ReputationRep:
    i'd reel johnny in

ReputationRep:
    i'd reel johnny in
    :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.