Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    cool. I have that poster already :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I never managed to get in with all that Back Room cliqueiness stuff. Kinda puts oe off resubbing, given that I'd be paying £3/month just so I could have a 100x100px avatar. Even dumbass Radiohead fans (Radiohead :love: ) wouldn't do something that stupid :p:

Jehu well got my vote. Legend.

Anywho, back on topic...

According to the Metro the odds of MUSE headlining Glastonbury are 5-1. I wanna find the idiot bookmaker willing to give me those odds so I can bleed them dry; various sources, such as Jonathan Ross' Tweeting page thing, would indicate it's as close to a dead cert as you'll ever get.

In other news I now has my brand new shiny guitar:

:coma: :drool: :yeah: :coma: :drool: :yeah: :coma: :drool: :yeah: :coma: :drool: :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    I never managed to get in with all that Back Room cliqueiness stuff. Kinda puts oe off resubbing, given that I'd be paying £3/month just so I could have a 100x100px avatar. Even dumbass Radiohead fans (Radiohead :love: ) wouldn't do something that stupid :p:

Anywho, back on topic...

According to the Metro the odds of MUSE headlining Glastonbury are 5-1. I wanna find the idiot bookmaker willing to give me those odds so I can bleed them dry; various sources, such as Jonathan Ross' Tweeting page thing, would indicate it's as close to a dead cert as you'll ever get.

:coma: :drool: :yeah: :coma: :drool: :yeah: :coma: :drool: :yeah: :coma: :drool: :yeah:
    I agree with everything you said , including the back room stuff, Jehu being cool (i voted for him too) and Muse being fairly certain for Glasto

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, also, I was in a music shop earlier and only found a CHUFFIN' PIANO BOOK of The Resistance. GET. IN! Now I wonder if one could obtain a copy of these through completely conventional means? :cyber:

Also, http://www.musebootlegs.com/blog/?p=1883

Also, http://www.musebootlegs.com/blog/?p=1870 (if they pull it off then I'll :drool: )

I voted for Dead Star, Hyper Chondriac Music and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist. I know I could pick rarer than DS and ToaDA but they're kickass songs I'd dearly love to see live.

ReputationRep:
    :coma:

People should stop voting for Citizen Erased, I want to see a real oldie! :teeth:

I would pick: Filip, The Groove, Hyper Music. Maybe replace The Groove with Jimmy Kane, In Your World, Megalomania or Twin. :gah: It's so hard to choose.

ReputationRep:

Anywho, back on topic...

That's an awesome guitat JSP! :yep:. How much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Is it your first one? My first ever guitar came yesterday (an Ashton acoustic). It isn't as simple to play as Matt makes out!

ReputationRep:
    Darkshines, Hyper Music, Space Dementia :coma:

update on current votes:
    Citizen Erased 13%
    Showbiz 10%
    Space Dementia 5%
    Dead Star 5%
    Muscle Museum 5%
    Darkshines 4%
    Escape 4%
    Hyper Music 4%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)

People should stop voting for Citizen Erased, I want to see a real oldie! :teeth:

I would pick: Filip, The Groove, Hyper Music. Maybe replace The Groove with Jimmy Kane, In Your World, Megalomania or Twin. :gah: It's so hard to choose.
    Are you out of your mind!!!! The more that vote for it the better :stomp:

It's definitely in my top 3 songs, probably my favourite actually. Their Hullabaloo performance is my favourite live performance by them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPWHazb4hDM

I voted CE, Showbiz and Eternally Missed. I didn't vote Space Dementia 'cos they have to play that, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Are you out of your mind!!!! The more that vote for it the better :stomp:
    We have an opportunity to get some real rare songs, and people are picking Citizen Erased, a song that has been played before. :p:

I do love the Hullabaloo verstion though. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    We have an opportunity to get some real rare songs, and people are picking Citizen Erased, a song that has been played before. :p:

I do love the Hullabaloo verstion though. :yes:
    But you can't ever get sick of it! It's the one song that defines Muse as a band. I listen to that Hullabaloo version everyday, literally! And I'm ashamed to say I have yet to see Muse live (due to a host of reasons). When I do see them, I'd love them to play CE. But yes there is a lot of songs that they rarely play, Screenager, Eternally Missed, Please please please let me get what I want, Unintended, Cave for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    That's an awesome guitat JSP! :yep:. How much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Is it your first one? My first ever guitar came yesterday (an Ashton acoustic). It isn't as simple to play as Matt makes out!
    I'd like to point out I have a Pacifica too, but it's in black :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    I'd like to point out I have a Pacifica too, but it's in black :erm:
    I'm impressed

Any tips for me? I'm awful atm :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)

£175

It's my first guitar, yeah. I can't wait to get good at it. Stupid learning processes, why can't humans instantly be amazing at everything? :hmph:

OH MAN! I just switched my amp to classic setting and struck the lower E string. Bloody hell that was a sweet noise :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Try not to jizz yourself

Ah a Pacifica. Good choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    But you can't ever get sick of it! It's the one song that defines Muse as a band. I listen to that Hullabaloo version everyday, literally! And I'm ashamed to say I have yet to see Muse live (due to a host of reasons). When I do see them, I'd love them to play CE. But yes there is a lot of songs that they rarely play, Screenager, Eternally Missed, Please please please let me get what I want, Unintended, Cave for example.
    Screenager :sogood:

I have to say I prefer CE live to the OOS version of it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    £175

It's my first guitar, yeah. I can't wait to get good at it. Stupid learning processes, why can't humans instantly be amazing at everything? :hmph:

OH MAN! I just switched my amp to classic setting and struck the lower E string. Bloody hell that was a sweet noise :mmm:
    You wanna try Drop D if you have a tuner :teeth: (Just involves dropping the lower string to D)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    Try not to jizz yourself
    Try not to spend less time on XBL :mad:

Stick a bit of gain on. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Screenager :sogood:

I have to say I prefer CE live to the OOS version of it. :yes:
    Ditto. It's the case with a lot of their songs. Showbiz, Space Dementia for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJyWvT_pZAE

So much better than the studio version :coma:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.