ReputationRep:
    *confused*:confused:
    what are people voting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    *confused*:confused:
    what are people voting on?
    Which three rare songs you would like to be played live

JSP posted the links to vote a couple of pages back.

ReputationRep:
    ah ok *goes to look*
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    ah ok *goes to look*
    thanks
    Make sure you vote for Citizen Erased :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    nooo I voted
    In your world
    nature_1
    thoughts of a dying atheist

ReputationRep:
    Uno :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    You wanna try Drop D if you have a tuner :teeth: (Just involves dropping the lower string to D)
    Are you trying to get me into bed to learn the New Born riff? :hubba:

I'm trying to learn chords and the recommended fretting position is raping my poor hand. My thumb natually curls right over which is apparently BLATES wrong. I has deep string indentations in my poor hands! Having to press hard to get the A chord out in particular is hurting my poowly fingers :nooo:

:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: guitar :rant:

EDIT: And now I'm 23 TWENTY BLOODY THREE!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)

I'm trying to learn chords and the recommended fretting position is raping my poor hand. My thumb natually curls right over which is apparently BLATES wrong. I has deep string indentations in my poor hands! Having to press hard to get the A chord out in particular is hurting my poowly fingers :nooo:

:cake: :cake: :cake: happy birthday you ancient being

thanks for the neg Din

ReputationRep:

Happy Birthday!

Or...Was that yesterday?

Well, you could learn the New Born riff in Drop D. But also, Drop D tends to make a lot of songs easier to play, since (if I'm using the correct phrasing) the pitching moves up two frets (3 on an E string becomes 5 on a D string), meaning you only have to use one finger for power chords on the lower string.

Besides, it's what all the cool kids are doing! (even though I want to tune a guitar to Drop C, which is a bit impractical because either I only get to play it at my mum's house on my Pacifica, or tune my Ibanez in Nottingham, and not be able to play any other songs I know)

Oh, and Jeh, I figured it wouldn't hurt you too badly, and you could put it into one of those "funny rep/neg" threads

ReputationRep:
    My housemate bought the resistance (he liked the cover more than anything) had a few listens.

What the god is this? Theres like 1 or 2 good songs. The rest is trash. Its like Muse want to be queen all of a sudden.

I'm a BIG fan of their old material. I bought showbiz when it was released along a lot of their old singles, I listened to live at le zenith 2001 on the way in to work. But its atrocious. ergh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    What the god is this? Theres like 1 or 2 good songs. The rest is trash. Its like Muse want to be queen all of a sudden.
    FOOKIN' HEATHEN, GET OUT!

Thing is, I appreciate that MUSE's new material will divide people a lot more than the older, less ambitious but also less mental albums. Which songs do you like? Surely you're appreciating the Exogenesis symphony?

Songs that are 100 percent absolute complete trash or will probably seen as absolute trash by a significant minority: Undisclosed Desires, United States of Eurasia, GUIDING LIGHT (worst :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: song ever written), I Belong to You. Would you agree with that?

Why do so many people think The Resistance is such a Queen rip off? Aside from USoE I think it sounds nothing like them! Brian May gave it the thumbs up though so wy should we care even if it does?

Also, oddly, I don't like the cover much at all. The colours... Ergh. Why's it so popular? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The 2 singles I think are the ones. Can't remember their names.

Showbiz->Absolution, excellent albums. BHAR is ok, but a decline. Now this trash. Their next one better be a return to the good stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Question people. Is

-----------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------
    ----11----13---------------------------
    ---------------------14-----------------
    -----------------------------------14---
    ----------------------------12----------

Equivalent to

E|-2-----4-----0--------------|
    B|--------------------0-------|
    G|------------------------0---|
    D|----------------------------|
    A|----------------------------|
    E|----------------------------|

Somehow? I fluked the Close Encounters riff by playing the latter (what? I was perfeting chord changes, don't look at me like that! :hide:), but then I went onto tab sites (including muse.mu) and foudn most people quoting the former? The former sounds much less like it IMO. WHat do I know though? :dontknow:

Erm, I don't think it's the same but it's likely one is an octave or two above the other.

Don't let the thumb curl over. :hmmm: By putting the thumb 'lower' down the neck (i.e. the opposite from curling over) it'll make it sooo much easier for you to manoevure....which I've spelt incorrectly and can't be arsed to find out what it really is!

As for the fingers getting indents, you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

ReputationRep:
    everyone enjoying the xmas present? and wtf at the apricot jam ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    everyone enjoying the xmas present? and wtf at the apricot jam ...
    Should I go to muse.mu or summit? :wtf:

TBH I'm far happier about Feeder's Christmas present. I especially made a TSR thread for the first time in years to celebrate :jive:

EDIT: No srsly. I've managed to source the vid from Muselive, but where the hell is it on the official website? I've logged in and everything but nada? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

What the hell is the Christmas present all about? I like the MK Ultra vid, but apricot jam?

ReputationRep:
    maybe it'll be up there tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Should I go to muse.mu or summit? :wtf:

TBH I'm far happier about Feeder's Christmas present. I especially made a TSR thread for the first time in years to celebrate :jive:

EDIT: No srsly. I've managed to source the vid from Muselive, but where the hell is it on the official website? I've logged in and everything but nada? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
    I got it in an official email "Wishing you an Ultra Merry Kristmas", and it had a picture of a present that when clicked would initiate a download of the zip file with the all the stuff in it. Not sure whether I got the email from being a member of the boards or being on the mailing list or something though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.