So, erm... Muse eh?

Jolly good band methinks :holmes:

THE BOOBIES OF HANZ :drool: :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    THE BOOBIES OF HANZ :drool: :teeth:
    I demand pictures!!

ReputationRep:

K so I'm getting sick of playing simplified Bob Marley now, so I decided to be hopelessly optimistic and give the New Born riff a try.

I think the vid is the greatest optical illusion ever devised. You see kids, he plays 2 2 2 5 2 on the E string, playing the 5 with his fourth finger. I've found that is physically impossible for me - and thus impossible for all mankind - yet the video shows him doing it with relative ease. Seriously, I - and thus all mankind - can't even get close to pulling that off. What the hell?

On the plus hand, Bob Marley has been repeatedly been reassuring me that every little thing, is gonna be alright, and if he has faith in me I'm sure I'll get it one day :smug:

EDIT: Does Mr. Sheetmusicdirect man have his fingers covering the other five strings? It looks an awful lot like it and I cannot see how it would be physically possible to play the E string and manoevre along the E string like that...

ReputationRep:

K so I'm getting sick of playing simplified Bob Marley now, so I decided to be hopelessly optimistic and give the New Born riff a try.

I think the vid is the greatest optical illusion ever devised. You see kids, he plays 2 2 2 5 2 on the E string, playing the 5 with his fourth finger. I've found that is physically impossible for me - and thus impossible for all mankind - yet the video shows him doing it with relative ease. Seriously, I - and thus all mankind - can't even get close to pulling that off. What the hell?

On the plus hand, Bob Marley has been repeatedly been reassuring me that every little thing, is gonna be alright, and if he has faith in me I'm sure I'll get it one day :smug:
    It's practice. There's things with the guitar you think you will never be able to do but suddenly are able to do a few weeks/months later!

EDIT: Does Mr. Sheetmusicdirect man have his fingers covering the other five strings? It looks an awful lot like it and I cannot see how it would be physically possible to play the E string and manoevre along the E string like that...
    Quite a mean barre by the sounds of it. (Cba to watch the vid, I have no sound). I imagine his thumb is quite low down the neck to keep going with a manoevure like that? It seems so simple because he's been playing for so long! You need to give everything a few months! I'd concentrate on the basics first. There are plenty of simple songs/tutorials on Ultimate Guitar if you're bored of Bob Marley. Loads and loads of stuff on YouTube. I recommend a channel by the name of 'JustinSandercoeSongs'. He also has his own website 'justinguitar' which is a great resource.

As for the edit, as I say, I can't be bothered to watch the vid. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Quite a mean barre by the sounds of it. (Cba to watch the vid, I have no sound). I imagine his thumb is quite low down the neck to keep going with a manoevure like that? It seems so simple because he's been playing for so long! You need to give everything a few months! I'd concentrate on the basics first. There are plenty of simple songs/tutorials on Ultimate Guitar if you're bored of Bob Marley. Loads and loads of stuff on YouTube. I recommend a channel by the name of 'JustinSandercoeSongs'. He also has his own website 'justinguitar' which is a great resource.

As for the edit, as I say, I can't be bothered to watch the vid. :p:
    Dude that's where I got Bob Marley from! His simplified version is in the first section of his beginner's tutorial course. Thanks for the tip anywho

Dude that's where I got Bob Marley from! His simplified version is in the first section of his beginner's tutorial course. Thanks for the tip anywho
    Fair play. :p: You don't have to follow the course relgiously imo. Just have a look at his vids and see what takes your fancy. :p:

:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    w00p!

Going to see them at Wembley on the 11th =D

ReputationRep:
    Fair play. :p: You don't have to follow the course relgiously imo. Just have a look at his vids and see what takes your fancy. :p:

:hat2:
    Thanx 4 da rep innit :teeth:

Yes you do need to see Radiohead live. They're better than Muse even more awesome than Matt's hair in that vid :top2:

ReputationRep:
    Thanx 4 da rep innit :teeth:

Yes you do need to see Radiohead live. They're better than Muse even more awesome than Matt's hair in that vid :top2:
    You really think Radiohead are better live?!

ReputationRep:
    Lies! Nothing's better than Matt's hair, period. His dress sense always leaves something to be desired (down Pheebs!! :dry:), but he at least always has awesome hair.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Matthew James Bellamy play this:

:rofl:

EDIT: and on that note, I'm off to France for the new year. See you next decade :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Lies! Nothing's better than Matt's hair, period. His dress sense always leaves something to be desired (down Pheebs!! :dry:), but he at least always has awesome hair.
    Muse live>Matts hair>Muse on record>Radiohead live

hehe well, apart from the blatant fact that Matt would look better nude whatever the circimstances it depends if hes been "styled" or not. Him choosing his own clothes is :facepalm: but on photoshoots and gigs hes always well dressed. Maybe thats the Italian girlfriend influence (she sometimes tours as their stylist)

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Matthew James Bellamy play this:

:rofl:

EDIT: and on that note, I'm off to France for the new year. See you next decade :hi:
    hehe, hilaity
    ohh have fun in France *jealous*

ReputationRep:
    They played the first part of the symphony in hmv today. When i heard the direst track of the year playing in first floor (we are golden - mika) i had to rush upstairs to avoid that song and then to pleasently hear the symphony being played. Sadly they didn't play part 2 or 3!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    hehe, hilaity
    ohh have fun in France *jealous*
    Where the :snow::snow::snow::snow: have you guys been!? I've been gone, like, a week and SOD ALL!? Pah!

Thanks Pheebs, France was awesome. We had a seven (eight including stupid quantities of champagne) course meal which was broken up by the striking of midnight and party celebrations. I started my lobster, celebrated new year and then went back to it a bit later (with streamers all over it :mad: ). Best. New Year Idea. Ever!

ReputationRep:
    Where the :snow::snow::snow::snow: have you guys been!? I've been gone, like, a week and SOD ALL!? Pah!

Thanks Pheebs, France was awesome. We had a seven (eight including stupid quantities of champagne) course meal which was broken up by the striking of midnight and party celebrations. I started my lobster, celebrated new year and then went back to it a bit later (with streamers all over it :mad: ). Best. New Year Idea. Ever!
    Well, I've been rewatchin Firefly, and learning Resistance on the gee-tar. Glad you had a good new years. Mine was full of all kindsa disappointment. And being bothered by work. 'parently, I was on the rota, after I said I might be able to work it, and they kept ringin me all night.

JSP or T Kay, seeing as you've started out guitaring, this'll interest you..

I only thought to look yesterday at the Knights of Cydonia and I was surprised by how simple some of it was. :teeth: So if you're bored of Bob Marley give some of it a try. Especially the beginning where he goes on about a whammy, it's all on D string! You don't even have to tremolo pick or whammy yet, it'll still sound good. :teeth:

/random

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:

I only thought to look yesterday at the Knights of Cydonia and I was surprised by how simple some of it was. :teeth: So if you're bored of Bob Marley give some of it a try. Especially the beginning where he goes on about a whammy, it's all on D string! You don't even have to tremolo pick or whammy yet, it'll still sound good. :teeth:

/random

Huge facepalm to my guitar progress thus far! :facepalm:

The thing is I have an acoustic guitar, I thought it'd be best to start with an acoustic :confused:

I haven't been playing much to be honest, and I'm yet to figure out this technical jargon (i.e. D strings and whatnot). I need to make more of an effort really.

Thanks for posting that though, I'll save that link until I'm at least decent.

ReputationRep:

/random

I've been out of the country for the last week so likewise I've done sod all with my guitar yet. I can play a few basic chords (and even then can only top out at 30 transitions a minute tops) and that's about it. I'll give it a go soon though I'm sure, thanks son

In return, have a link to a gig Muse played from 1999 with lots of what would now be considered rares, if you have a spare 1.2GB on your hard drive. They look so fresh faced :love:

EDIT: Aww I think Matt still has a few teenager spots! Also loving that he properly gets to the high notes in Cave :love:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.