Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, last night was murder!! @[email protected]

Why are students stupid enough to go drinking, especially in my club, when it's so cold and icy outside? And to make it worse, they were so much more abusive than the chavs and 40y/o+ ****s we get at Love Shack!

Plus, to add salt to the wound, I was put in the cloakroom, which saw me constantly serving from after 10:20, in the freezing cold. Luckily though, because my hoody and coat are black, I could, with my hood up, have my iPod on in one ear, with no one noticing

Muse and Rise Against saved a lot of people last night :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I've been having a Muse day today. From about lunch time, I've listen to all their studio albums in order - and I've never really noticed the progression you hear listening to them all back to back. I'm half way through The Resistance at the moment - up to Guiding Light.

ReputationRep:
    K so I'm bored of sucking at the G chord, which apparently every bloody song needs. What's the easiest Muse song to learn on guitar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    K so I'm bored of sucking at the G chord, which apparently every bloody song needs. What's the easiest Muse song to learn on guitar?
    G, as in holding the top E and B strings at the third frets, and the A string on the second fret? That's one of the damned easiest chords to do, ever!! Switching to F is always a ******* for me!

But, if you don't like chords, then you might wanna try Plug In Baby.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a simple riff to play is Black Dog by Led Zeppelin and it sounds ace like you would expect. Depends if it's your type of thing but i think there's a bit of Zeppelin for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    G, as in holding the top E and B strings at the third frets, and the A string on the second fret? That's one of the damned easiest chords to do, ever!! Switching to F is always a ******* for me!

But, if you don't like chords, then you might wanna try Plug In Baby.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Well, I press in the B string too. Doesn't make that much difference. And, with me playing in Drop D, I usually just mute the bottom E anyway.

Still don't see how you're having trouble with it though...

(Original post by benmh92)
    Quite a simple riff to play is Black Dog by Led Zeppelin and it sounds ace like you would expect. Depends if it's your type of thing but i think there's a bit of Zeppelin for everyone
    Coincidence....been trying to play that recently. It's fine to play, but the speed is hard to match. :emo:

JSP - G is easy. Using that chord chart, I also play B string. You'll get there! :p:
    And have you figure out that Knights tab yet. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yes it can get quite tricky like a lot of Zeppelin and Page's guitar!

(Original post by benmh92)
    Yes it can get quite tricky like a lot of Zeppelin and Page's guitar!
    Naturally. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Coincidence....been trying to play that recently. It's fine to play, but the speed is hard to match. :emo:
    I think that is probably because not everyone is Jimmy Page? :dontknow:

:p:

(Original post by T kay)
    I think that is probably because not everyone is Jimmy Page? :dontknow:

:hmmm: You know what I was getting at...

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: You know what I was getting at...

ReputationRep:
    Naturally. :p:
    Who's got natural E's? :awesome: :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really bloody bored. If anyone wants to talk some serious MUSE over MSN drop me a PM.

Also, Led Zep are awesome. Black Dog :coma: it's all about the Stairway to Heaven solo though :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really bloody bored. If anyone wants to talk some serious MUSE over MSN drop me a PM.

Also, Led Zep are awesome. Black Dog :coma: it's all about the Stairway to Heaven solo though :coma:
    It's heavily about John Bonham (Best drummer ever) for me :coma: In My Time Of Dying, Custard Pie, When The Levee Breaks, Black Dog, The Raon Song are all faves of mine. Probably my favourite band with Floyd. Love them mucho.

ReputationRep:
    Fun times for me!! I get to wait while everything transfers to my external HDD, so I can format, and hopefully fix, my computer :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like fun. At least you didn't have about 5/6 fresh installs of windows in the space of about 2 months. I tried to get Cubase to work so I could record stuff, but it just seems to break my laptop and PC.

ReputationRep:
    People, to those who don't own it, go ******* buy Hullabaloo now you ******* prick because it's blates the best Muse album evar.

(ARGH I didn't know they got it at L/R 2006 until just now :sad: )

Spoiler:
    Show
    Totally haven't been listening to this today :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    indeed. its a good album

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.