Anyone here a fan of The Strokes?

ReputationRep:
    Johnny, twas a joke (maybe :p:)

I like the strokes

http://twitpic.com/xn49q/full

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Why? :wtf:

I've been single for, like, over 18 months now. I was in France over the new year with my ex (amongst others) which in hindsight wasn't the best idea. I just remembered how awesome she is, and ended up being incredibly depressed half the time and trying to hide it. Her current feller is one luck-ee guy. I bet he's not Ashamed of saying Yes Please to being constantly Forced In her Cave. Sigh.
    Erm... Little uncomfortable now Pheebs. You alright? :wtf:
    I don't know. I thought you had said something about it in France but reading back the posts you made I think it was just because you talked about "we" and a restaurant and a meal so i'm not really sure why. sorry
    yeh i've been single about that length of time, and even then I fail at relationships so that was only about 3 weeks in total At least we're still friends love the Muse references
    As i said (in the post above), it was a joke

I've just been playing a load of Knights of Cydonia :thrasher:

Shame I can't tremolo pick to save my life :sad:

The end riff doesn't even seem that hard. Is it?

Also, does Unintended seem like a reasonably easy song to pick up for an absolute beginner? Doesn't feel it. Just uses a load of standard chord changes I think. Might actually be good for my chord transition and general dexterity. Thoughts?
    Good to hear. :hmmm:

It's not essential at the moment..get the notes right first! Tremolo picking is something you can build up.

Nope, it's not, it's why I picked it out...:ninja:

The chords for an absolute beginner will be ok, but as it's seriously tabbed based, don't get annoyed if it doesn't sound like the song when you play the chords.If you want to play the tab, the picking pattern looks frustrating to pick up! Give it a shot though, practise it lots and you'll get there!

ReputationRep:
    http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid<i...v.co.uk:469467 uma[/s]video:mtv.co.uk:469467]Try this

[EDIT]Hmmm, hold on, I'm just trying to get an address for that which works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Anyone here a fan of The Strokes?
    Definitely. Great bad :top2:

(Original post by museobsessed)
    I don't know. I thought you had said something about it in France but reading back the posts you made I think it was just because you talked about "we" and a restaurant and a meal so i'm not really sure why. sorry
    yeh i've been single about that length of time, and even then I fail at relationships so that was only about 3 weeks in total At least we're still friends love the Muse references
    As i said (in the post above), it was a joke
    Yeah I did figure you were joking BABE. Now let's reconcile with a shaaaaaag.

I hate my ex. Like, actually hate her. I lived with her at uni though so all our closest friends are mutual. This means I'm pretty much not allowed to hate her

(Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Good to hear. :hmmm:

It's not essential at the moment..get the notes right first! Tremolo picking is something you can build up.

Nope, it's not, it's why I picked it out...:ninja:

The chords for an absolute beginner will be ok, but as it's seriously tabbed based, don't get annoyed if it doesn't sound like the song when you play the chords.If you want to play the tab, the picking pattern looks frustrating to pick up! Give it a shot though, practise it lots and you'll get there!
    I heard that the riff is really hard from other sources. This is why I was so surprised

I wasn't gonna play chords, I was gonna pick it as-per the tune. The picking pattern looks fine to me, there looks to be a definite repeating pattern there to me. It'll be really bloody tough co-ordinating both hands but I don't think each hand on its own is hard at all. I think :ninja:

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Try this

[EDIT]Hmmm, hold on, I'm just trying to get an address for that which works.
    Where's that?

I heard that the riff is really hard from other sources. This is why I was so surprised

I wasn't gonna play chords, I was gonna pick it as-per the tune. The picking pattern looks fine to me, there looks to be a definite repeating pattern there to me. It'll be really bloody tough co-ordinating both hands but I don't think each hand on its own is hard at all. I think :ninja:
    Well, getting the hammers could pose a problem for some + the speed of the transition from A to E string is hard to match, but otherwise, it doesn't seem too bad...:nope: Your sources may be using different tabs? :holmes:

Goodo. Yeah, it doesn't seem amazingly difficult, as I say, it'll take some practise. Co-ordinating both hands won't be so hard, a lot of opens = enough to fingers to cover fretted notes. But, we'll see how you get on when you try it. The repeating pattern will annoy you most. At first, you'll get it, but when you're repeating it, you're bound to lose it and get annoyed. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Where's that?
    Dunno. Not Brum though. He had a white t-shirt on at Brum. And those 'orrible blue trousers.

ReputationRep:
    When you're lost in THE GROOVE :flute: :thrasher:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I wish I was lost in the grove of revising Fourier Series and Laplace theorem.

ReputationRep:
    once again rape and pillage prove, to sway the public vote

ReputationRep:
    What's that, you're a dirty great homosexual? Yeah, we knew already...
    lol how does that make any sense :p:

ReputationRep:
    You on about Jehu coming in second-to-last in the Best Male poll?

[EDIT]I voted for you Jeh!! :sadnod:
    [EDIT2]Oh, and you were clearly using the first line from the lyrics of The Groove >.>

ReputationRep:
    :heart: :thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, with the funds (student loan) that I've acquired, I can't help but feel that I should perhaps get some Resistance merch, since I couldn't afford any at the Brum gig.

Can't decide which T-shirt to get though...

OR

What do you guys think?

I do think the second one would be so much better if it didn't have the huge logo splashed across the middle in orange though :/

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, with the funds (student loan) that I've acquired, I can't help but feel that I should perhaps get some Resistance merch, since I couldn't afford any at the Brum gig.

OR

What do you guys think?

I do think the second one would be so much better if it didn't have the huge logo splashed across the middle in orange though :/
    I'd buy the second one :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy the first one but that's because of my general aversion to large logos!

ReputationRep:
    You on about Jehu coming in second-to-last in the Best Male poll?

[EDIT]I voted for you Jeh!! :sadnod:
    [EDIT2]Oh, and you were clearly using the first line from the lyrics of The Groove >.>
    hehe

OR

What do you guys think?

I like them both

ReputationRep:
    I have the Exogenesis one :teeth:

ReputationRep:

thats my one I was thinking about wearing it today, but ended up wearing something else

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.