Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any female boobies you can feasibly photograph without getting arrested?

ReputationRep:
    humm.... none?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    other than my own

ReputationRep:
    Y'know, this is an awfully complicated way for me to just say "Show me your boobies"

ReputationRep:
    meh, it would still go against TSR rules :p:

ReputationRep:
    You're missing the obvious answer to that on purpose, aren't you? :dry:

ReputationRep:
    not obvious to some
    and now I do feel like an idiot

ReputationRep:
    How do people on here rate Muse's albums in comparison to each other? Personally, I would order them so:

Origin Of Symmetry >> Absolution > Showbiz >>> The Resistance >>>> Black Holes And Revelations

Love Origin, hate Black Holes and most stuff in between is alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPyramid)
    How do people on here rate Muse's albums in comparison to each other? Personally, I would order them so:

Origin Of Symmetry >> Absolution > Showbiz >>> The Resistance >>>> Black Holes And Revelations

I can't rank them as you have but I can say that Origin of Symmetry and Absolution are my two favourites. Great albums :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here a fan of Joy Division?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. I love them all, with BHAR being slightly below but even that has more than enough good songs to justify itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPyramid)

You're missing an album ya swine.

Moi?

Absolution > Hullabaloo > OoS > BHaR > Showbiz = The Resistance

Controversial?

I know it looks really weird to have The Resistance right at the bottom because it's a great little album, but I really don't think it has the same replay value as the other albums. And it has Guiding Shi'ite. I think my opinion may change when they stop playing the singles on the radio so much.

I really don't think either Showbiz or TR deserves to be at the bottom of the pile, so they're getting equal status on that basis.

BHaR is a wonderful album, STOP KNOCKING IT. Tasteless wankaz :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I dunno. I love them all, with BHAR being slightly below but even that has more than enough good songs to justify itself
    Yeah, I love the second half of BHAR and Take a Bow. The rest just seems ok. Pretty much BHAR from Invincible onwards. I'd say The Resistance is up there with OoS and Absolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Anyone here a fan of Joy Division?
    They're shi'ite if you ask me, but I can see why others like them. I just do not get them. I'm almost saddened by it

Which album would you suggest is the best to get into? I may give them another shot.

Absolute radio are playing The Beatles; and are about to play AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd and brand new Muse. Best line-up ever :love:

EDIT: They're actually now playing that weird R'n'B track by ... *Googling lyrics...* Owl City. Sod thatttttt, liars

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i kinda like owl city, but then again everyone on here thinks I have **** music taste, other than Muse
    also, its only RnB as much as undisclosed desires is RnB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i kinda like owl city, but then again everyone on here thinks I have **** music taste, other than Muse
    also, its only RnB as much as undisclosed desires is RnB
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I sorta like it too. But only sorta, as in I'll listen on the radio but really wouldn't care to buy the album based off it. I just want all the old tracks. They don't make 'em like they used to, bloody young whippersnapppers these days :albertein:

EDIT: YEAHHHHHHHHH, BABY I WAS BORNNNNN TOOO RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. That solo kicks some ******* ass it does :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I sorta like it too. But only sorta, as in I'll listen on the radio but really wouldn't care to buy the album based off it. I just want all the old tracks. They don't make 'em like they used to, bloody young whippersnapppers these days :albertein:

EDIT: YEAHHHHHHHHH, BABY I WAS BORNNNNN TOOO RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. That solo kicks some ******* ass it does :love:
    I agree. I don't listen to the charts really anymore

That made me think of:
    I WAS BORN TO SERVICE YOU, but I am growing by the hour

ReputationRep:
    :woo: a Muse society!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    :woo: a Muse society!
    yes
    Welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    You're missing an album ya swine.

Moi?

Absolution > Hullabaloo > OoS > BHaR > Showbiz = The Resistance

Controversial?

I know it looks really weird to have The Resistance right at the bottom because it's a great little album, but I really don't think it has the same replay value as the other albums. And it has Guiding Shi'ite. I think my opinion may change when they stop playing the singles on the radio so much.

I really don't think either Showbiz or TR deserves to be at the bottom of the pile, so they're getting equal status on that basis.

BHaR is a wonderful album, STOP KNOCKING IT. Tasteless wankaz :rant:
    I would say the most controversial thing about your list is they seem to be on a scale from phenomenal at best to great at worst. :P
    BHAR is not wonderful by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't include Hulaballoo because it's not a proper album, just a collection of B sides. If I did it would probably draw with Absolution.

ReputationRep:
    I still think The Resistance is the worst muse album though... and we've not had any proper b sides from it which makes me sad.(remixes don't count and soaked wasn't officially released!)

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.