Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    I still think The Resistance is the worst muse album though... and we've not had any proper b sides from it which makes me sad.(remixes don't count and soaked wasn't officially released!)
    Well if you think it's the worst one you can't be THAT sad there aren't any b-sides from it surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    yes
    Welcome
    hey, thanks

ReputationRep:
    hothedgehog and normalothercitrusfruit accepted :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    hothedgehog and normalothercitrusfruit accepted :yep:
    Thanks very much :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPyramid)
    Well if you think it's the worst one you can't be THAT sad there aren't any b-sides from it surely?
    You've presumed that i don't like the resistance. I like it, i just like all the other muse albums more! Anyway, more muse is better muse so i would like some B sides!

Thanks for adding me... i just noticed that there was actually a society to join today! Crazy days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    You've presumed that i don't like the resistance. I like it, i just like all the other muse albums more! Anyway, more muse is better muse so i would like some B sides!

Thanks for adding me... i just noticed that there was actually a society to join today! Crazy days.

I would say in the light of BHAR that is definitely not true :P

Having said that, their B sides are normally at least interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I would say in the light of BHAR that is definitely not true :P

Having said that, their B sides are normally at least interesting.
    Well, whatever your view on BHAR is i agree with you on the B Side front. I have a sneaky feeling that soaked will be on the new single along with some shoddy remixes.

ReputationRep:
    b sides from Muse are normally amazing:
    Glorious, Easily, Fury etc

ReputationRep:
    true but some of their earlier ones (Jimmy Kane, Twin etc) are pretty crap.

ReputationRep:
    haha Jimmy Cane is funny
    sex and paaaaaaain keep me alive

ReputationRep:
    I would say the most controversial thing about your list is they seem to be on a scale from phenomenal at best to great at worst. :P
    BHAR is not wonderful by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't include Hulaballoo because it's not a proper album, just a collection of B sides. If I did it would probably draw with Absolution.
    Supermassive Black Hole, Map of the Problematique, Assassin, Exo-Politics, City of Delusion, Hoodoo and Knights of Cydonia (and Glorious).

Need I say more?

:mfing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Supermassive Black Hole, Map of the Problematique, Assassin, Exo-Politics, City of Delusion, Hoodoo and Knights of Cydonia (and Glorious).

Need I say more?

exactly, but that still means its the worst album of the lot :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    exactly, but that still means its the worst album of the lot :p:
    But most of those kick the shi'ite out of 75% of The Resistance :stupid: :wtf:

ReputationRep:

Need I say more?

Mmm... City of Delusion is sexy... i still don't get MOTP though.

ReputationRep:
    But most of those kick the shi'ite out of 75% of The Resistance :stupid: :wtf:
    Unnatural selection and MK Ultra! awesomness personified. Both albums are awesome The resistance edges it though, because it doesn't have any absolutely ***** songs on it (Guiding light has grown on me), whereas BHAR does

ReputationRep:

Need I say more?

Supermassive, Assassin, Exo, City and Hoodoo are all incredibly dull songs. On their own many of them aren't so bad, but as an album, BHAR just doesn't have the flow of something like Origin. Can't argue with KoC, but you missed out Take A Bow! That's one of the best from the album. The pair of those songs were incredible to see live

ReputationRep:
    Supermassive, Assassin, Exo, City and Hoodoo are all incredibly dull songs. On their own many of them aren't so bad, but as an album, BHAR just doesn't have the flow of something like Origin. Can't argue with KoC, but you missed out Take A Bow! That's one of the best from the album. The pair of those songs were incredible to see live
    :eek:
    Hoodoo is one of the best songs on that album! And assassin's great fun to play along with.

"I've had recurring nightmares that I was loved for who I am, and missed the oppotunity to be a better man"

Amazing line to finish off hoodoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Hoodoo is one of the best songs on that album! And assassin's great fun to play along with.

"I've had recurring nightmares that I was loved for who I am, and missed the oppotunity to be a better man"

Damnit I've already given my rep out of the day. Make sure you PM me tomorrow to get some

I reckon I could learn the guitar and piano bits of Hoodoo and make a ******' mint YouTube vid. I hope the guitar part is easy :o:

Exo sucks, but Hoodoo and Assassin are good IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)

Oh don't even begin to quote their lyrics (though that one is alright). I tend to ignore Muse's lyrics, Showbiz sounds like an immature Radiohead copycat lyrically, from someone who has suffered no actual emotional development. Compare something like 'Climbing Up The Walls' to 'Showbiz'. I really like the song but the lyrics/sentiment of it is awful. Then their new lyrics are so ridiculous, just some meaningless bull about solidarity in the face of some ominous one world government threat. I mean even the title, United States of Eurasia. Really? But perhaps the extensive silliness of the band is it's raison d'etre nowadays, rather than actually making great music.

Assassin is great fun to play along with, especially on drums (so i hear, I'm a bassist myself). But to listen to it's just dull. Muse, generally speaking, are big, fun and silly. They're almost retro with the way the hark back to Progressive Rock in many circumstances. They can be amazing fun to listen to now and again, but generally they just don't make great music (anymore). There is so much gimmickry and 'look at us WE'RE EPIC' about them now that they are genuinely difficult to like sometimes. They're loveably lame really.

Music that is much more exciting/generally better would include Radiohead, Animal Colletive, most of Pink Floyd's work, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, LCD Soundsystem, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles....

/rant

But for Muse lyrics I do like, Citizen Erased.

Wash me away
    Clean your body of me
    Erase all the memories
    They will only bring us pain
    And I've seen, all I'll ever need

I don't see how anyone can like their newer stuff better really :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.