Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what (muse, obviously) song should I attempt to learn to play over half term on the piano? :ninja:

I am going to smash my piano if I only have my grade pieces to keep me going till march.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    what (muse, obviously) song should I attempt to learn to play over half term on the piano? :ninja:

I am going to smash my piano if I only have my grade pieces to keep me going till march.
    Space Dementia FTW.

ReputationRep:

new born
    [spoiler]can I also recommend jacks mannequin, something corporate, the hush sound and the rocket summer as great bands with loads of awesome songs on piano

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Space Dementia FTW.
    tempting.. :unsure:

(Original post by museobsessed)
    new born
    [spoiler]can I also recommend jacks mannequin, something corporate, the hush sound and the rocket summer as great bands with loads of awesome songs on piano
    can already play new born :p:

ReputationRep:
    feeling good? buttercanes and flutterbies

ReputationRep:
    feeling good? buttercanes and flutterbies
    ooo yeah :teeth:

i better try and find some sheet music for that then..

(won't attempt butterflies and hurricanes in only a week though :p:)

ReputationRep:
    tempting.. :unsure:

can already play new born :p:
    Space Dementia is easier than it looks. As is Butts and Hurrs. No really, it's amazing how easy it is to pick up the Butts and Hurrs solo when you look at it in the right way.

You can get lots of piano sheets from microcuts.net. You can download scans of the sheets for Showbiz - BHaR. Though most are guitar tabs (obviously) you can find some cracking piano pieces. That's where I got my Feeling Good sheet music from anyways.

What grade are you learning ****?

Also, what Pheebs said. Jacks Mannequin are awesome. Seen them live and they're even better :jive:

ReputationRep:
    matthew bellamy is godly

ReputationRep:
    No. No you may not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Space Dementia is easier than it looks. As is Butts and Hurrs. No really, it's amazing how easy it is to pick up the Butts and Hurrs solo when you look at it in the right way.

You can get lots of piano sheets from microcuts.net. You can download scans of the sheets for Showbiz - BHaR. Though most are guitar tabs (obviously) you can find some cracking piano pieces. That's where I got my Feeling Good sheet music from anyways.

What grade are you learning ****?

Also, what Pheebs said. Jacks Mannequin are awesome. Seen them live and they're even better :jive:
    Ha I should probably regret not seeing them at Reading when I could've then.. :rolleyes:

and ooo I'll have a look on there then. And I remember you were trying to learn it all and uploaded some videos before, I may try but then learn another one on the side incase I fail :o:

Well i've just started learning properly again (stopped for four years..) and i'm practising for my grade 5 in March but my teacher said i'm sorted on all the pieces and scales etc so she's a bit worried i'll be bored till March. So this way I have things I actually want to play to get my teeth stuck into (:teeth:) and I can um claim it's "sight reading" :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    No. No you may not.
    yes. yes i can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    They are indeed epic :five: I've seen them live but the idiot of a sound engineer made them sound ****. Oh well, I love them so I had fun anyway
    They really make me want to learn piano but i'm a lazy ****

ReputationRep:
    They are indeed epic (is there a high five smiley?, I would have used it here). I've seen them live but the idiot of a sound engineer made them sound ****. Oh well, I love them so I had fun anyway
    They really make me want to learn piano but i'm a lazy ****
    Yes there is :five:

ReputationRep:
    ah. ta

ReputationRep:
    Eiffel Tower!!? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Eiffel Tower!!? :awesome:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you know that's not what I meant :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Well i've just started learning properly again (stopped for four years..) and i'm practising for my grade 5 in March but my teacher said i'm sorted on all the pieces and scales etc so she's a bit worried i'll be bored till March. So this way I have things I actually want to play to get my teeth stuck into (:teeth:) and I can um claim it's "sight reading" :ninjagirl:
    Grade five? :getmecoat:

Dude I'm not even grade one and I have the B&H solo sorted. Gerrit done, innit.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my GOD. CLips of the B sides to the Resistance single are on muse.mu: http://muse.mu/media-player/singles/50/resistance

The Tiesto mix of Uprising is AWFUL. I would happily listen to them play Guiding Light 24 times at Wembley if they promised never to play that version of the song ever again.

However, Popcorn is ******* mint (as I'm sure we all know by now), glad they've put that in the mix :thumbsup:

Dunno about Prague. Clip's too shrt but I'm yet to be convinced.

ReputationRep:
    I should get myself a bass clarinet and learnt he solo in I Belong To You (+Mon Cœur S'ouvre à Ta Voix) :grin:

We could start a baaaaaaand :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.