Reply 3282
natty_d
Just listened to Hyper Music :thrasher:

:coma:

Listened to Origin of Symmetry yesterday, great album :coma:

Right now, I'm playing Screenager :woo:
http://www.gigwise.com/news/54878/The-NME-Awards-2010-Winners-List

Woo :woo:
Muse win best british band and Matt wins hottest male!
although singer Matt Bellamy expressed his disappointment at losing out in the worst dressed category to Lady GaGa.

LULZ!!

Re: the other awards...
The Specials for outstanding contribution to music!!? They're ********!! And this is coming from someone who likes ska! They nearly cancelled one of their gigs at Rock City because the lead singer was hungover from the night before. We had to get the owner's private doctor in before he'd even consider going on, meaning there was no support act, and the customers weren't let in until around 9:30, and had to wait another 20 minutes or so for The Specials to come on, and do a half-arsed performance :mad::mad:

I'd also love to know how Kasabian got best album, and the Big Pink got best track. Oh wait, I can tell how they got those...

F***ING INDIE KIDS!!

/rant

And now...

CAPTION CONTEST!!!
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
I quite like The Big Pink - they've supported Muse a couple of times. Although I do agree there are planty of better track than Dominoes.
Nah, I don't like the big pink :frown: all smoke machines and no substance. dominos is a very bland song. In other news: Matt smokes :frown:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1670076655?bctid=68642781001
museobsessed
Nah, I don't like the big pink :frown: all smoke machines and no substance. dominos is a very bland song. In other news: Matt smokes :frown:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1670076655?bctid=68642781001

Disappointed. He said he quit a year ago then lit one up :frown:
Let's hope it doesn't turn into a permanent thing.
I never knew he did in the first place. I know Chris does, but I never knew he did. Damn NME awards making smokers of the best band ever. I have no idea if he'll carry it it on, can't be good for his voice though, and i'm sure he knows that
I didn't realise either. I hope it doesn't become a permanent thing because it could wreck his falsetto.
Noooooo I hate people who smoke ¬_¬
I shall have to slap him silly next time I see him.
Matt=:smokin: :yucky:
have you noticed through most of that video, before he lights that cig up he's actually holding it the wrong way round :facepalm:
Wednesday Bass
I didn't realise either. I hope it doesn't become a permanent thing because it could wreck his falsetto.

:sadnod:

Also - why can't we vote for the Muse smiley yet? :sad:
Dinendal Leralonde
I'd also love to know how Kasabian got best album, and the Big Pink got best track. Oh wait, I can tell how they got those...

I think Kasabian are awesome. Not quite sure how West Pauper Lunatic Asylum (or whatever it's called) won Best Album, but they're certainly worthy of winning these kinds of awards in general IMO.

To me it seems like people are jumping on the Kasabian bandwagon now they've become more famous. I can easily see their fourth album becoming as big as Only By The Night, such is the parallel with Kings of Leon with their notoriety and exposure over their respective careers. Let's just hope that Kasabian break the pattern by releasing a fourth album isn't complete and utter toss.

ANYWHO, to get back on topic, Muse are awesome or something. I ordered a new pair of in-ear Sennheisers for my Apple mp3 playing device which produce some cracking bass, and had Absolution on loud on my commute to/from work. Top stuff :thumbsup: (Hysteria was especially :coma: today)

Also, Matt smokes!? I never even knew he was on/off! Not that it really matters, but I'm surprised by how much respect I've lost for him. It'll wreck his vocal range won't it? Anyone forsee Barry Manilow covers on the ninth album?
JohnnySPal
Also, Matt smokes!? I never even knew he was on/off! Not that it really matters, but I'm surprised by how much respect I've lost for him. It'll wreck his vocal range won't it? Anyone forsee Barry Manilow covers on the ninth album?

Not sure. Ben Burnley's been smoking for years, and he's got an absolutely amazing voice.
It means there's an increased chance of him dying a lot earlier though!

Noooo Matt, we need you alive for as long as possible! :sigh:
definitely
can you imagine Matt with lung cancer :frown:
museobsessed
definitely
can you imagine Matt with lung cancer :frown:

I don't even want to think abut thinking about that!
Smoking seems out of character for him. Maybe it's a way of taking his mind of his ex-girlfriend. Plus it's one cigarette :smile:
true, i did think that

Quick Reply