Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha... leona lewis overshadown muse.... please excuse me whilst i try to get off the floor because of laughter.

(Original post by hollyoaksbig)
    Just so you know Leona has co written 11 out of the 14 tracks on her smash No.1 album 'Echo' (in a store near you). Plus before she entered X-Factor she wrote all the songs to two previous albums 'Twilight' and 'Best Kept Secret'. She has the best voice in the world so I would understand that you wouldn't want her to over shadow Muse.
    Now, now, you've already been warned once by timewarp in here. As Wednesday Bass has said, what's the point in coming in here to slate Muse? :hmmm:

And really, a Leona/Muse collaboration really wouldn't work, there'd be quite a contrast on a lot of songs. Whilst some bands can cover Muse with a female singer rather well, having a female singer with the real Muse is something entirely different Plus, who'd want to replace Matt's singing :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Wouldn't work. Female vocals wouldn't work with Matt's epic guitar. And plus, Leona would have to hire someone to write for her.
    And then they'd probably have to adjust her voice electronically, as well.

ReputationRep:
    Matt writes all of Muse songs - bar the cover songs.
    Case in point they should hire professionals? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Case in point they should hire professionals? :p:
    I would totally neg you, if I didn't love you so damn much.

ReputationRep:
    I negged someone for having a massive weeping angel in their sig. not funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    I would totally neg you, if I didn't love you so damn much.
    What, for arguing a point that may be true? :p:

Also, love you too honey :love: xxx

ReputationRep:
    So, Microcuts... what's all the fuss about that eh? It's all about space dementia for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    So, Microcuts... what's all the fuss about that eh? It's all about space dementia for me!
    I still need to learn Space Dementia on piano. Micro cuts is an awesome song. I need to work on my falsetto to get the chorus right though! Might take a crack at that after my exams are done!

ReputationRep:
    I still need to learn Space Dementia on piano. Micro cuts is an awesome song. I need to work on my falsetto to get the chorus right though! Might take a crack at that after my exams are done!
    Space dementia's pretty easy on the piano once you get the hang of it. The muse I can't play is about 3 bars of the butterflies and hurricanes cadenza. Literally about 3 bars. It's so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Space dementia's pretty easy on the piano once you get the hang of it. The muse I can't play is about 3 bars of the butterflies and hurricanes cadenza. Literally about 3 bars. It's so annoying!
    Yeah, it probably doesn't help that I can't read sheet music that well either! :rolleyes:
    I'll take a crack at both of them in the summer when I'm not smothered by exams and coursework deadlines!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it probably doesn't help that I can't read sheet music that well either! :rolleyes:
    I'll take a crack at both of them in the summer when I'm not smothered by exams and coursework deadlines!
    Ah, I can imagine that that doesn't help! :P I'm just really crap at the piano and being a good musician on other instruments, it really frustrates me that i'm not as good on the piano and I can never be bothered to practice!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I can imagine that that doesn't help! :P I'm just really crap at the piano and being a good musician on other instruments, it really frustrates me that i'm not as good on the piano and I can never be bothered to practice!
    Yeah same. I'm a guitarist first, then bassist, then singer. Then whatever I fancy trying - I've got a stash of percussion (bongos, tambourines, etc.). I've also got myself a nice little home recording studio. I'm recording Hotel California at the moment, and I'm trying to decide which Muse song to cover.

(Original post by hollyoaksbig)
    God no wonder rock people get a bad rep. So dismissive of other genre's. Just coz something in the top 40 don't make it crap. I bet if Muse stopped flopping all the time and actually made it in the charts you'll all love 'chart music'
    I think you'll find I like a lot of music. But when it gets to the stage where every song in the charts follows the same pattern, the same chord sequence in different keys, and the same topics in their lyrics, I get bored because it's all the same.

You should have a look on my iTunes. I've got everything from Lady Gaga to Marina and the Diamonds, Florence and the Machine, to Muse, to Ozzy Osbourne, to Meshuggah. My iTunes doesn't know what to do with Genius when I tell it to make me a playlist.

As I've said before. I hear nothing special in Leona's songs. They follow the same structure as every other pop ballad. And yes, she is a good singer, but that doesn't make her music instantly interesting.

And stop invading the MUSE thread with someone else. Start your own society for Leona instead of taking over our Muse Soc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same. I'm a guitarist first, then bassist, then singer. Then whatever I fancy trying - I've got a stash of percussion (bongos, tambourines, etc.).
    Well, i'm a classical clarinettist, saxophonist and singer by trade really. My piano is acceptable and I give the bass a go every now and again. The ukulele is my next project.

ReputationRep:
    Man, i'm doing some serious procrastination tonight... i should get on with some work.

ReputationRep:
    Well, i'm a classical clarinettist, saxophonist and singer by trade really. My piano is acceptable and I give the bass a go every now and again. The ukulele is my next project.
    I'm looking at getting one of these bad boys:
    http://www.eigenlabs.com/pico/
    I've seen it in sound on sound a couple times - and that looks the most affordable version. But it might have to wait sometime as I plan to save money over the summer for Uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at getting one of these bad boys:
    http://www.eigenlabs.com/pico/
    I've seen it in sound on sound a couple times - and that looks the most affordable version. But it might have to wait sometime as I plan to save money over the summer for Uni.

Oh sweet, but like you say, save every penny you can for uni! You're going to need it. I really want to buy a theremin too... they look so cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I negged someone for having a massive weeping angel in their sig. not funny
    Hah, I know who you mean. I called him a ****, saying my screen wouldn't turn off after seeing one of his posts :p:

ReputationRep:
    Amy Pond :love::coma:

also, the BBC is using the beginning of resistance alot in their programmes. Its been in Doctor who confidential that i'm watching now and some other stuff recently. Love it

*checks bedroom for cracks in the wall*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Amy Pond :love::coma:

also, the BBC is using the beginning of resistance alot in their programmes. Its been in Doctor who confidential that i'm watching now and some other stuff recently. Love it

*checks bedroom for cracks in the wall*
    If the Doctor doesn't "want" her, can I instead?

I quite liked this weeks episode, but I didn't see Confidential. "I'm 970, do you know what that means?!" - Ummm.... half your age plus seven doesn't even account for her lifespan?

I've only heard Muse in the Beeb's ads once. And I can't remember what the programme was. They used the beginning of Resistance where it's the piano, small drum fills, and the ambience.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.