(Original post by museobsessed)
    Leicester is great
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Nottingham is prettier.
    and I go to Loughborough :woo: a rose between two thorns, if you will

ReputationRep:
    Amen.

Though Jehu's not keen on meeting with people from the back room, so dunno how this'd go down with him. Though I think he is meeting guildies from World of Fagcraft at some point, so he might be alright with this.

If not, we'll organise one without him :yep:

Might I suggest one somewhere in the Midlands? I'm in Nottingham, and I know Jehu'll be in Loogabarooga (or is that Luffbaruff?) in Uni time.
    I'm fine with soc meets. It's the general Back Room 'forum elite' meets I can't be bothered with

I am a complete southerner and you're all too far north for me :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    and I go to Loughborough :woo: a rose between two thorns, if you will
    You can hardly call it a rose. It's like, I dunno, calling a segway a car.

(Original post by Stray_talk)
    I am a complete southerner and you're all too far north for me :hmmm:
    How south are we talking? Don't be a gay! :p:

And WHOA!! USoE just went totally Bohemian Rhapsody. I thought it was going to be a gentle serenade throughout.

ReputationRep:
    hell yes, USOE third part sounds good from what people are saying. I'll listen to it when i'm back home. Uni=love

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I really did not expect it to be a gentle serenade throughout. Would have been a bit of a dull song to choose to reveal part by part if that were true! Plus I'm pretty sure a review about a week ago compared it to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Heard Uprising on the radio in my dream last night. Sounded pretty good.

How south are we talking? Don't be a gay!
    South Africa :cool:

(Original post by Pulkpull)
    Heh, I really did not expect it to be a gentle serenade throughout. Would have been a bit of a dull song to choose to reveal part by part if that were true! Plus I'm pretty sure a review about a week ago compared it to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Heard Uprising on the radio in my dream last night. Sounded pretty good.
    Yeh same. I wonder how many people will say they ripped off Queen in some way... :rolleyes:

Me likey nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh same. I wonder how many people will say they ripped off Queen in some way... :rolleyes:

Me likey nonetheless.
    Lots I'm betting. It's just that one guitar tone as soon as it kicks in that sounds pretty much exactly like the one used on Bohemian Rhapsody. Muse have always been a bit 'Queen' anyway, especially in their vocal harmonies, so it's not particularly surprising.

(Original post by Pulkpull)
    Lots I'm betting. It's just that one guitar tone as soon as it kicks in that sounds pretty much exactly like the one used on Bohemian Rhapsody. Muse have always been a bit 'Queen' anyway, especially in their vocal harmonies, so it's not particularly surprising.
    Very true, I can't see Muse shying away from admitting it's the same they're probably proud to do a homage in some way.

ReputationRep:
    South Africa :cool:
    But...But I can't sex you up if you're there! :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, part 3 is gorgeous! (and yes, I half expected to hear Freddie Mercury's voice too. But still, awesome)

ReputationRep:
    hello! i'm bored, talk to meee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    hello! i'm bored, talk to meee
    Nevah :awesome:

Sup Pheebs?

ReputationRep:
    i'm in the library. got all my books for my dissertation but cba to read them now so i'm wasting time on here until my friend arrives later on.
    what you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot. Wasting time on TSR, periodically checking the USoE site to see if site 4's been activated yet, and playing some CoD4 :awesome:

I've not even begun to think about my dissertation. Not entirely sure what's expected of me.

ReputationRep:
    Pffft, you say you want someone to talk to, and then you don't say anything :huff:

ReputationRep:
    How do you listen to previous parts? Part 3 sounds very Queen-esque which isn't a bad thing at all Looking forward to the album more than anything. Single songs don't do enough for me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.