Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by hothedgehog)
    I'm going to see rage tomorrow... i'm uber excited... I never thought i'd get to see them and now here i am going with a bunch of awesome friends and it's going to be ******* mental! Squee!
    If you make it out alive, you deserve a medal, my friend :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well the original plan was to go down visit my dads side of the family in Eastbourne for a long weekend, but that never happened. So the only way of getting down now would be the train from Newcastle. I love Rage and Muse, I would've paid more if I had the money to see either, but I have a serious lack of fundage at the moment. Ah well, pay packet should be quite good this week to help make me feel better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    If you make it out alive, you deserve a medal, my friend :p:
    I'll be expecting my medal on monday kay?! :P

ReputationRep:
    I didn't take you for the Eurovision type, Johnneh. Are you secretly homosexual?

No gigs for me, nein. Which is rubbish but people suck and I have no money so I'm selling my body for tickets. I might manage to get the ticket stub that way. :sexface:
    Eurovision is funny. Especially when heavily inebriated. Do people not agree? :o:

Wellllll I'm sure you'll get some other kind of stub by selling your nether regions anyway, especially if you try and bribe Din. Should be fun playing the market methinks :yep:

Also, I couldn't find anyone to go and see Rage with, else I would have bothered to apply for tickets. Pfft, tasteless cocks.

(Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Eurovision is funny. Especially when heavily inebriated. Do people not agree? :o:

Wellllll I'm sure you'll get some other kind of stub by selling your nether regions anyway, especially if you try and bribe Din. Should be fun playing the market methinks :yep:

Also, I couldn't find anyone to go and see Rage with, else I would have bothered to apply for tickets. Pfft, tasteless cocks.
    I want to see Eels, he's playing Laaandaan. DO YOU LIKE HIM?

ReputationRep:
    I want to see Eels, he's playing Laaandaan. DO YOU LIKE HIM?
    **** yeah. First time I've ever appealed for people to go see a band with via a Facebook status. Eels are awesum.

I also wanna see The Gaslight Anthem, also playing at Brixton, albeit later this month rather than September. No-one seems to want to go with me. Might just go on my own. Meh. Tickets are dirt cheap too.

Brixton host some wickid bands (Stone Temple Pilots, Man Str Pre with Brit Sea Pow support, and more...), I really should get there more often. It's only a 15 minute train ride an' all...

I'm listening to Volbeat. Awesome stuff, I'll have to legally acquire more of this shizzle :holmes:

Err... :hmmmm:... :muse:

ReputationRep:
    CAUTION: A LOT of swearing

ReputationRep:
    Not to give anything away, but I just had a mini heart attack when I saw the setlist for Rock Im Ring/Am Park that they played tonight. I now feel slightly more hopeful for more ace songs

(Just to add I haven't been following the setlists, so at other gigs they coulda been playing Man With a Harmonica 137 times with only a brief interlude of the **** Dasterdly and Mutley in Their Flying Machines theme tune to break up the epicity epicness)

(Also just to add (at the risk of being shot down immediately :p: ), really don't want the setlists to be posted too much because I want oldies and rares to be a complete surprise on the night. I already feel like I've kinda spoilt a bit of it by seeing pictures of the stage, albeit only in broad daylight and not lit up. Get yer spoiler tags learnt good and quick folks!)

ReputationRep:
    Live Right Now

Not sure how much longer they are on for.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i'm avoiding setlists. I know people who study them like they're... I dunno... the bible or something but I don't

ReputationRep:
    Set lists are interesting to read but they only really matter if you go to see the gigs. I have a list of muse songs that i've seen live too... it's quite nice. I like the fact that muscle museum is on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Set lists are interesting to read but they only really matter if you go to see the gigs. I have a list of muse songs that i've seen live too... it's quite nice. I like the fact that muscle museum is on it!
    Problem is, most dates on the 2009 European tour had identical setlists. Certainly the setlists were identical at the Dublin and O2 gigs I attended. I don't wanna look at setlists too much just in case they're going to be equally predictable with the stadium tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Problem is, most dates on the 2009 European tour had identical setlists. Certainly the setlists were identical at the Dublin and O2 gigs I attended. I don't wanna look at setlists too much just in case they're going to be equally predictable with the stadium tour.
    Yeah, but you're forgetting, even though a lot of the dates on the European tour had identical setlists, BIRMINGHAM GOT MK ULTRA!!!

Just thought I'd rub that in.

You know what else I could rub in...?

Spoiler:
    Show
    No, nothing rude! You disgusting perverts. Why would you even think I'd make a joke about rubbing something into Pheebs? I was just gonna say that, in my room, I now have some Jameson's whiskey, a bottle full of amaretto, and three crates of beer and pear cider.

So yeah...Who wants to party in my room? :awesome: Either one of the Hannahs? Pheebs? Any other female member on here? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Yeah, but you're forgetting, even though a lot of the dates on the European tour had identical setlists, BIRMINGHAM GOT MK ULTRA!!!

Just thought I'd rub that in.

You know what else I could rub in...?

Spoiler:
    Show
    No, nothing rude! You disgusting perverts. Why would you even think I'd make a joke about rubbing something into Pheebs? I was just gonna say that, in my room, I now have some Jameson's whiskey, a bottle full of amaretto, and three crates of beer and pear cider.

So yeah...Who wants to party in my room? :awesome: Either one of the Hannahs? Pheebs? Any other female member on here? :teeth:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    if I was allowed as much of that booze as I liked, i wouldn't even mind if you did :teeth:
    booze :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    if I was allowed as much of that booze as I liked, i wouldn't even mind if you did :teeth:
    booze :coma:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, you could have what I wasn't having, I guess. But you gotta remember, I'd be drinking too!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, you could have what I wasn't having, I guess. But you gotta remember, I'd be drinking too!
    meh. the booze is all mine :hitler:

ReputationRep:
    meh. the booze is all mine :hitler:
    You'd have to beat me to it. And, let's be fair, I have a decent headstart. And it wouldn't take much of it to get you drunk anyway.

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: true

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: true
    What? That just means more fun for less :awesome:

Y'know, I'm starting to see now how people could confuse us for having teh secks... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    What? That just means more fun for less :awesome:

Y'know, I'm starting to see now how people could confuse us for having teh secks... :lol:
    true
    he he. the gossip moungers *cough*johnny*cough* can go screw themselves :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.