Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Its awesome, the ending sounds a bit like Queen though. :yep:

I thought that, too!
    Have you been on the website since 12.00? Anyone?!
    Part of me wants the USA to comply so we can get the mp3 but part of me doesn't want them to so we get to see what 'Mobilising The Resistance' is!! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !!Lauren)
    I thought that, too!
    Have you been on the website since 12.00? Anyone?!
    Part of me wants the USA to comply so we can get the mp3 but part of me doesn't want them to so we get to see what 'Mobilising The Resistance' is!! :yes:
    I have an mp3 of it :ninja: It's good quality too.

ReputationRep:
    Well frankly i think i'm disappointed. Maybe when the mp3 comes or when the album comes my opinion might be different as albums can change my opinions of songs big time. Too much of the song was too similar to Queen, and by the bit at the end i felt like ouch, way too ripped off. I dunno maybe my opinion might change, it's not a bad song at all though, just not up to the standards i was expecting it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Queen = awesome
    Muse = awesome

Therefore, Muse + Queen = awesome^2 :awesome:

In all seriousness, the fact it sounds like Queen is cool! If you are gonna take an influence, why the hell shouldn't it be someone as great as Queen? :woo:

It's like people who moan that Oasis are trying too hard to be the Beatles. They've taken up influence from The Beatles. That should be a good thing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Queen = awesome
    Muse = awesome

In all seriousness, the fact it sounds like Queen is cool! If you are gonna take an influence, why the hell shouldn't it be someone as great as Queen? :woo:

It's like people who moan that Oasis are trying too hard to be the Beatles. They've taken up influence from The Beatles. That should be a good thing!!!
    Someone obviously flunked Maths :p:

awesome^2 = awesome x awesome = Muse x Queen

Muse + Queen = awesome + awesome = 2awesome

Get it right :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Someone obviously flunked Maths :p:

awesome^2 = awesome x awesome = Muse x Queen

Muse + Queen = awesome + awesome = 2awesome

Get it right :fuhrer:

*awaits U in Maths A2*

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Queen = awesome
    Muse = awesome

I'm a big fan of both bands so it's not bad, it's just a bit too much Queen in there i'm thinking, i'm not sure?

I've never seen how Oasis sound so similar to The Beatles, apart from one album and some singles Oasis are pretty crap and we all know The Beatles are the greatest band ever :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    I'm a big fan of both bands so it's not bad, it's just a bit too much Queen in there i'm thinking, i'm not sure?

I've never seen how Oasis sound so similar to The Beatles, apart from one album and some singles Oasis are pretty crap and we all know The Beatles are the greatest band ever :yes:
    Lies. Pure filthy lies.

Too much Queen is no bad thing for me! Tbh, it only sounds similar due to the vocal harmony and big piano sound. I'm sure the whole album won't be the same...

ReputationRep:
    Lies. Pure filthy lies.

Too much Queen is no bad thing for me! Tbh, it only sounds similar due to the vocal harmony and big piano sound. I'm sure the whole album won't be the same...
    Come on, i like their second album and some singles from later albums (and the ones i like i love) but the albums have so much crap inside!!

Yep and that's why i'm eagerly looking forward to the album And who knows, the song might grow on me when the mp3 comes :woo: I would add the guitar to sounding similar too :p:

ReputationRep:

*awaits U in Maths A2*

I'll await U too! :hubba: [/Innuendo]

See, my math example works better also because the end result is 2awesome. Get it? 2awesome?

Naaah, you don't get it. You fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Come on, i like their second album and some singles from later albums (and the ones i like i love) but the albums have so much crap inside!!

Yep and that's why i'm eagerly looking forward to the album And who knows, the song might grow on me when the mp3 comes :woo: I would add the guitar to sounding similar too :p:
    Yeah I am much anticipating the album. Loved that tune on first listen, so it should be a good'un! :awesome:

Oasis = in my top 5 bands of all time. I love everything they've thrown at us (even Dig Out Your Soul)

On a side point, why is it always me and you that end up on the opposite sides of an argument?

I'll await U too! :hubba: [/Innuendo]

See, my math example works better also because the end result is 2awesome. Get it? 2awesome?

Naaah, you don't get it. You fail.
    I get it! Honest!

ReputationRep:
    I agree!! Though I guess it's taken many people by surprise! Let's not forget the 3 part symphony which has been a long time in the making and is yet to come!! I'm sure we're in for a good sounding album.

Also, will the mp3 just be United States? Another song is too much to hope for, probably.

ReputationRep:
    I agree!! Though I guess it's taken many people by surprise! Let's not forget the 3 part symphony which has been a long time in the making and is yet to come!! I'm sure we're in for a good sounding album.

Also, will the mp3 just be United States? Another song is too much to hope for, probably.
    Yeah, it'll just be the mp3. Though, since I already have an mp3 of USoE, I'm wondering what'd happen if America doesn't meet the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    I want America not to meet the deadline. WAR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I want America not to meet the deadline. WAR!
    In the immortal words, as written by Josh Todd...

"You're a crazy *****"

ReputationRep:
    In the immortal words, as written by Josh Todd...

"You're a crazy *****"

whos Josh Todd?
    and yeh i'm crazy, but hey. re enactment makes you like that

ReputationRep:
    Yep it was posted about half an hour ago. :woo: You need an account to log on to Muse's Ununited States of Eurasia website which is easy to do but if not I'm sure someone will have put it on youtube soon enough.

Says to report back at 12pm!! Eeek

Ooo just listened to the whole song, I quite like it.
    Even though it does sound a bit like Queen, I think they've mixed it well and not done a total rip off. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    whos Josh Todd?
    and yeh i'm crazy, but hey. re enactment makes you like that
    Josh Todd :p:

ReputationRep:
    Eurasia! sia! sia! sia! Eurasia! sia! sia! sia! Eurasia! sia! sia! sia! woot!

ReputationRep:
    General consensus on the Muse forums is that if the final key isn't activated, then Collateral Damage will be released as well, which is the final 2 minutes or so of USoE.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.